Monday, March 6, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday





Hello Friends! 


So are you feeling bright eyed and busy tailed this morning? I wish I could say I was - but today is rainy and dark gray and makes me want to curl under a blanket and take a long nap! Fortunately I've been fighting that urge and getting some house chores accomplished so I can get lost in some creative time later.

It was a nice weekend here. My daughter had a volleyball tourney (yes this has been taking over hockey time - Lol) and they made it into the GOLD division!! But lost their first matches right away, so didn't place. They did another great job!! She had  a sleepover birthday party that night so my Hubby and I went out for a little date night dinner - very nice. Sunday I did a big grocery run. My son had some buddies over to work on a school project. Later in the day the sun came out and so all 4 of us miraculously hung out together. We played around outside helping my daughter with her volleyball skills. Lots of exercise and fun! Now on to the week ahead:





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


In the 40's. Very cloudy and dark gray and rainy. Supposed to rain on and off all day. Temps will drop more to 20's - 30's after today for the rest of week. Yuck. 









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


granola cereal & I threw a few blackberries on top, coffee








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to Ed Sheeran station and trying to wake up! 







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It looks gray, ugly and sloppy. Puddles in our driveway, the bay is looking slushy on top. Still some snow and ice around our driveway and all over our yard in bits and pieces - lots of areas are showing green grass again. I sure hope we get an early Spring!




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Looking nice and tidy. Cleaned up over the weekend and already got laundry going and cleaned up my kitchen this morning.








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

A lot of the usuals this week. Hockey practice for Annie. My son's hockey is done and this is the last of Annie's "winter hockey" practices. However her "summer hockey" is right around the corner. What can I say, she's my tomboy and loves it! She has volleyball practice too. My son is doing more jobs around home and will be working for his Dad, as my Hubby's business have areas where Aaron can help out after school. With school and hockey everyday he had no time, but now that his sports have calmed down, he wants to keep earning use of his truck of course! Trying to teach him these things aren't a "given" or something he gets for free. He earns it through good grades, being responsible & respectful and through working. MY son also has an appt this week and he may want me to still take him rather than drive there and deal with it himself. I need to get in my exercise time. I have wallyball one night. Visit my MIL. Doing run around day with my Mom....again, the usual stuff. 










CURRENTLY READING:


I have such a good pile of books - but have not been able to stay awake at night to read (my fave time to get reading in). I keep up with my magazines, the daily newspaper, and I've been focusing on crafting time. 









ON THE TV TODAY:


I know I have cooking shows taped. I'm still looking into subscribed services to maybe binge watch some other shows. On our tv, though, I see Survivor starts back this week and we like that one as a family. My Hubby and I caught up on Blind Spot this weekend(one of the few shows we watch together).










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: didn't make tacos until this past weekend - so tonight is taco leftovers. I have some rotisserie chicken left to use up too- so I will season it up with taco flavorings and also make sheet pan chicken nachos and be sure we use up all taco toppings and leftovers.





TUESDAY: stuffed pork chops, scalloped potatoes, roasted veggies with olive oil and parmesan






WEDNESDAY: ham & cheese roll-ups sandwiches(using pizza dough), vegetable beef soup with mini pasta, fruit






THURSDAY: chicken & veggie stir fry with cashews (Annie will help), oven baked veggie egg rolls







FRIDAY: not sure - might eat out somewhere











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

Scrapbook catch up - other paper crafts, laundry room project still in progress too.







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure about new one this week? 







TIP OF THE WEEK:


 More Life Hacks ➡️ https://goo.gl/myKhun

Always a smart plan for my northwoods with our crazy weather (& often lots of snow!)











FROM THE CAMERA:
This past weekend - more volleyball action. Annie crouching at the net...




...Ready to pounce into action and hit that ball over the net!










Old photo memories from on my smart phone. This was a prior school year for my son and he had done a biography project on Bob Seger. My son LIVES for music and loves classic rock - among many other kids of music. He took guitar lessons for several years when he was younger. He was grateful that his Mom had all that "scrapbook stuff" when he did this. He used a lot of fun stickers I had on hand - as well as cardstock paper for back drops to his typed boxes. Plus, his Mom came up with the creative idea to use his old guitar picks to look like they were holding up the photos. ;) 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for spring inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun day you and your family playing outside, sorry the weather turned dark. Love your sons poster Board. Hope you have a great week and that your get some sunshine-here take some of mine : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't resist this one sweet cheeks...BUSY tail? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! You would catch that typo Doreen! Lol Must have had other things on my ::ahem:: mind. :P

      Delete
  3. Love seeing how engaged your kids are with so much going on. And you're amazing that you can keep up with it all and still find time to read your magazines, cook, and scrapbook! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Annie ad her team making GOLD, so sorry it ended so soon. I always love seeing the pictures you take of your busy tourney weekends! You are such a great mom.

    LOVE your inspiration. That was me yesterday taking the dogs out in the deluge of rain we're having. Certainly glad I have my Wellies!

    Great advice on the bottled water! I've been loving all your great IG photos lately! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! We were proud of the Girls on the volleyball team. They played tough!
      And I just love IG - so fun to check in on regularly there with folks. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. We are having similar weather.
    Hooray for Annie and team!
    Your menu is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I'm exhausted just reading your to-do list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another busy week for my Happy Little Homemaker. Sorry Annie's team lost, but hey! they made Gold.

    Wish I could send you some sunshine. I think we made it to 70 today with sunshine, but a blustery day. Still gusting out there and we're supposed to have rain tonight, then 60's the rest of the week. Our Bradford Pears seemed to just explode in a cloud of blossoms. They're all over our subdivision, so it's pretty nice to drive through right now. My daffodils are happy in clumps all along the fence. Hope they weather tonight's storm - there might be hail.

    I should just wait for your Monday post and then follow your meal plan. You're eating way healthier than I am. A little better today. My only sins were one of those maraschino cherry scones and some Ritz crackers.

    Tell Annie we want photos of her culinary efforts.

    And I always have a bottle of water AND one of those fold-up umbrellas in each door's side pocket. AND I always have snacks in the glove compartment. Someone told me that I must have starved in a former life, because I always have food. When I go on bus tours and someone says, "I'm getting hungry", they're told to go see Patsy because she always has a stash.

    Hopping over to see your comment on my blog. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy Girl! Oh - just sending sunny thoughts would help!! And we're soon going to be eating even a bit healthier...you'll see when I explain more in my HHM for this week. xoxo

      Delete