Monday, March 27, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday to you my Friends! 


I hope you all had a lovely weekend - and to my UK Friends I hope you had a very lovely Mother's Day yesterday! 


It was a bit of a rough weekend in my northwoods as I have been suffering with a bout of diverticulitis. My Mom has had these issues on and off for years...and I guess I am following in her footsteps ((thanks Mom - Lol)). Thankfully I have not had severe pain like she has had in the past. But I did need to do a clear liquid diet for about 4 days. I've been slowly introducing "gentle" food back in and still partly doing clear liquids too. Lots of water. Not fun - but this too shall pass and hopefully after a gentle week ahead I'll be back on track. The one perk - down 8 lbs in 5 days.


So it was a quieter weekend overall for me. Although, Annie and I did have plans to see Beauty & the Beast with my SIL and niece and one of my Besties and her 2 daughters. So we did go out for that - and even though all I could do was drink Sprite at dinner, it was a very fun night. And the movie was SO good!!! Now I'm on to a very busy week ahead, unfortunately, as I'm still not quite at 100%. 





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It's kind of gray and cloudy this AM - although they're saying we may get a bit of sun later. In the 40's today and looks like the temp for most of the week...and we may even hit low 50's a couple of the days! No rain in the forecast either- yay! Hopefully we can dry out a bit around here and the last of the snow will go. Maybe I'll even be able to take Ruby for some walks if it gets less messy. 








ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Jello and some coffee. Keeping it gentle folks. 








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to Praise and Worship on Pandora and going through my calendar looking at the week ahead. 






AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Gray and kind of blah looking out there right now. Although only a few small patches of snow here and there. Lots of grass around now too! 





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Laundry is going and I just need to do a bit more tidying up. Our sheets need changing as I didn't get to them this weekend. Some of the bathrooms need love too. It's a Monday. ::sigh::







ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

I thought my kiddos were off for Spring break this week, but it's actually next week. So lots on the agenda this week. My daughter has a conference and I have an ortho appt to meet with the ortho doc and discuss when she's getting her braces, cost etc. She also has volleyball practices this week and a haircut. My son has some soccer practices, work for his Dad and a medical appt and a haircut too. Both kiddos have religious ed. Plus, I'm going to Spring clean our bedroom and go through my closet. Yikes!! That is going to be a hefty job! But it needs doing and when I'm not having to run around this week I'm going to lay low at home and accomplish something. Also, still waiting to hear if my MD is going to want me to come in for tests related to my diverticulitis. Yuck. 









CURRENTLY READING:


Haven't done a lot of focus on reading recently. Magazines and the newspaper, crosswords etc. 








ON THE TV TODAY:


Grey's Anatomy catch up. Annie and I watched Spring Championship baking show last night. Watched Billions with Hubby. Still other cooking shows catch up. And Hallmark mystery movies taped. Love those! ;) 










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: leftovers (I had made a big chicken and veggie pasta salad on the weekend for my Crew and I made homemade bone broth for myself and had made chicken soup with it. Plus, I baked some banana bread too. We have salad and fixings too for them.)




TUESDAY: breakfast for dinner





WEDNESDAY: Blue Apron delivery - shiitake mushroom burgers with miso mayo and roasted sweet potatoes 





THURSDAY: seared chicken with french lentils and arugula salad  B.A. meal






FRIDAY: kale and white cheddar quesadillas with radishes and fried eggs (B.A. meal)  



**Still enjoying Blue Apron meals and one thing I might not have mentioned is that you can "skip" any weeks you want easily through your account. So some weeks ahead when it doesn't look like enough meals we'd be interested in I've already put a "skip" on them. This week is still okay as it's food my Hubby and son will eat for the most part - even if I'm not up for it yet. 













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Scrapbook catch up and organizing kids school files in their bins (I have files in their bins for their artwork, report cards, awards etc through each grade). Hubby got a lot more done in laundry room (we were on delay due to some wiring things we needed electrician to look at)... and will probably get the rest of the big stuff done in there next weekend. He had to do a lot of hockey coaching this past weekend too as summer hockey practices had begun and he's coaching my daughter's team and another team in the program too. I'm still searching for something cute to hang int there once it's done also.







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure I'll be doing much new this week other than B.A. meals.






TIP OF THE WEEK:


visible money - always a motivator! Lol








FROM THE CAMERA:



More bunnies and bits of Spring around my home. I'll share a post with lots of my decorations in the future. ;) 




Getting in extra devotional time during this season of Lent. And on a cold rainy day this past weekend it was a perfect thing to do next to the fire with my soothing ginger tea. 



Ruby has been very intent on our yard and all the Spring activities with birds and bunnies. She needs a haircut and goes for one this week too! 



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for grateful for health inspiration

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


10 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope you get back to feeling better very soon! I lost 5 lbs with my pneumonia but these sickness diets are not worth it are they? We saw Beauty & The Beast over the weekend as well and loved it. Hope you are able to take it easy and rest this week so you'll be all ready for that spring break next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you feel better. Have you tried Ensure clear? Those helped me when I was on the clear diet. I'm looking forward to trying the Blue Apron.

    Good luck with your spring cleaning. I started our bedroom this week also. I LOVE spring cleaning. It always feels so refreshing!

    I LOVE your inspiration this week - so perfect!

    Have a great week and feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Sorry about the diverticultis. That can be miserable. Hoping you are feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your job chart is so brilliant Carrie. I'd have started that when my kids were young if the idea had been around.. So sorry to hear you and your mum suffer diverticulitis. I have had it about 20 years and over time have learnt how to largely prevent it and catch it quickly when it happens. Diet is key, no doubt you know that. Nuts and meat are the worst things for me but it varies with different people. High fibre diet essential but I'm sure you know that. Stay well my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally started working on my scrapbooking again! I started slow, 2015 Christmas Card album - not too taxing, just sticking the cards in the album and making the directory (a list of who sent the card - I'm sorry to say I haven't always done this and when I look back at old albums, some of the senders are a complete mystery). The 2016 Christmas Card album is on the agenda today and then I'll move on to the Family Albums - 2008 was the last one completed so I have quite a job ahead of me. I found a resource for embossing spines if you use Creative Memories or Heritage Makers albums or really any album that has a spine or cover like theirs - it's

    http://firstimpressionsimprinting.com/index.html.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I do hope you are not taking to much on especially with that liquid "diet" for health reasons. I feel week just thinking about it-but I am a wimp lol I love going though all my kiddos old papers-so many great memories. Glad you got to see beauty & The beast-we loved it. Hope you have a slow relaxing week and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Carrie! That is not a fun way to go on a diet! You are a miracle worker with all that you do in a week. I hope you get a chance to relax and renew before the kiddos are off for a week. Love the chore chart and shaggy little Ruby :) Hugs and get well wishes xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm chuckling at your kid motivator, but hey, people wouldn't go to their jobs if there weren't a paycheck at the end of two weeks or a month. I think this method helps kids learn about money and responsibility. I'm doing an extra Lenten devotional too. Your Ruby is always so photogenic. Love that dog. Hope you have a good day, neighbor to the north. :-)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your diverticulitis. Hope you are feeling better as the week goes on. We enjoyed seeing Beauty & the Beast as well. It was so well done, wasn't it? I like the idea of motivating kids to do chores. There are certain jobs around the house and farm that I would be happy to put some money into bags and have my daughters do them for me. They'd like the extra money...and the job gets done too at an affordable rate. Blue Apron has such delicious options, doesn't it? We are skipping a few weeks here and there as well, though, too. Had two amazing meals this past week from them and skipping this week. Will have another delivery next week. Ruby is such a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch! I know you're feeling better by now, but that sucks the big one :(. Not fun.

    And look how cute Ruby looks! Can't you tell what she's thinking? 'Aunt Doreen says not to cut off all my pretty fur, and I think she's da bomb and you should listen to her. Oops, too late'. Woof

    ReplyDelete