Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (with Spiced Glaze)

Happy weekend! 


One week to Halloween! The countdown is on to all of the fun and treats. This is a favorite family bread recipe that I love to make during this time of year. My Aunt gave it to me...and sadly she is now an Angel in heaven, due to cancer.  But whenever I make this bread I fondly think of her, and I'd love to share it with you today.  


It's got pumpkin, chocolate chips and lots of lovely Fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. And once it's finished you top it with a sweet spiced glaze. Yum!






First, grease a 9x5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350*.






Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.




Cream shortening.


Add sugar and mix well.




Add eggs one at a time and mix well.







Measure out 3/4 c. of pumpkin, and add it along with dry ingredients alternating each time - but beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.







Measure 1 c. of mini chocolate chips and pour and fold into batter. Walnuts can also be added, but I don't as my kiddos don't like nuts in most things. 


Pour into prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes depending on your oven. I have a convection oven and it takes a little less than this, but it does take longer than many standard quick breads.





Then, once bread is cooled, mix together spiced glaze and pour over loaf. Let bread rest 6 hours before slicing. Enjoy!  Here is the recipe off of the card my Aunt Joanne wrote for me:


  


I'm linking with Andrea from Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.


scraptasticbutton



13 comments:

  1. Holy chocolate chip! This looks soooooo good! Isn't it great when a loved one passes down a recipe that our family can enjoy for years, perhaps even generations, to come?

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a treasure Doreen. Not only to have such a wonderful yummy recipe - but to have it written down by my Aunt herself. Truly love that. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Holy chocolate chip! This looks soooooo good! Isn't it great when a loved one passes down a recipe that our family can enjoy for years, perhaps even generations, to come?

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, you are always whipping up something tasty! Looks delicious--thanks for sharing! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia! It's that wonderful cozy cooking & baking time of year & I love it! ;) xo

      Delete
  4. The bread looks very tasty, and I love your loaf pan--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I do love all the temptations cookware. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing and very àutumny.` I love chocolate and pumpkin together - they are the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! Agreed - it's a wonderful combo!! ;) xo

      Delete
  6. Yum! Sounds so good. I love your loaf pan too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Love Temptations cookware. All dishwasher, micro & oven safe & all hand painted & very affordable. ;) xo

      Delete
  7. Delicious recipe and how wonderful is it that you have your Aunt's handwritten recipe? Just beautiful. (How's your recipe scrapbook going by the way?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! This recipe is a treasure. ;)
      Album is going great! I have a few more to jot down & then it will be filled. I know I'm going to have more recipes I'll want to share - so may need to do some kind of volume II. Lol! Xoxo

      Delete