Friday, October 30, 2015

Five on Friday: Spooky Tour

Happy Friday Friends! 


Today I wanted to share my spooky house tour with you, however, please know that I say "spooky" with a snicker. I did get out all of my jack-o-lanterns, spiders, ghosts etc...but they're all pretty tame - and probably fit more in the "cute" category.  Although, tonight my hubby will be working on getting out the true scarier decorations we have to put in our trees and around the outside for the enjoyment of our trick-or-treaters. Annie and I will be working on food prep for some ghoulish goodies we'll be having at our Halloween gathering...and I will share those on the blog next week.  


But for now - here are some photos from rooms around my home. Beware: lots of photos ahead! Lol


ONE: The Living Room









Love this Dracula: he was a thrift store find and is musical and his face bobs up and down behind his cape.





TWO:The Dining Room















THREE: The Kitchen





A unique way to give your pumpkin some decoration without carving. Take patterened stockings and tie around, or glue around your pumpkin. It will look stenciled without all of the work!







FOUR: The Master Bedroom




For the party I will have the bed made up all pretty with lots of pillow piled on too. So please don't mind the quick every day version of how I make up our bed.




FIVE: Outside









And here are our freshly carved jack-o-lanterns that haven't made their way outside yet:

Do  you feel spooked yet?? If that didn't do the trick, maybe this will:



You can see our shed from out our bedroom window and I noticed this structure popped up next to it the other day. Stacked landscaping brick? - or make shift grave site?? You decide (insert scary evil laugh here). ;) 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 

I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.















32 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Carrie! You have some great decorations, not too scary at all, but very nice! Your front door looks very welcoming indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! We had a wonderful night - so fun! Will be sharing more photos this week. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  2. You know I love it all!!!!!
    Enjoy, and have a spooky Halloween! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you do Billie Jo! We had such fun!! Will share this week. Hope you had a fun night too. Blessings this All Saints day. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Halloween! What a lot of decorations you've got :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit "scary" isn't it? Lol! I never realize how much we have until the next year comes around and I pull it all out. ;) Hope you had a Happy Halloween!
      Blessings to you! xo

      Delete
  4. You really go all out Carrie! Love the stained glass pumpkin!

    Looks like you're getting ready for some landscaping projects?!

    Enjoy your weekend, and eat some Almond Joy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of fun. I know the time for "this much" fun is limited to Annie getting older by the minute. ::sigh:: - so try to live it up while we still all want to do it. ;)

      I did have an almond joy for you (LOVE those!) Lol Blessings dear Doreen!xo

      Delete
  5. You do a lot! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit crazy I know - but falling on a weekend and having more of a party - we had extra fun this year! Thanks Mari!
      Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love your enthusiasm for Halloween. Great idea with the stockings on the pumpkin. Loved the spider candle holder too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selma! It is fun while my daughter is still young enough to have so much fun with it too! Once she's older I'm sure it will calm down. LOl
      That spider is one of my favorites too. ;)
      xoox

      Delete
  7. Lovely decorations!! The musical vampire is very cool! And I love the stained glass pumpkins! I'm off to find some real pumpkins to carve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! We had so much fun!! Hope your pumpkin hunt was successful and you guys had a great night too.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  8. You have done so much for your Halloween party!! Love all the decorations you've collected :) Loved the fancy stocking stretched over the pumpkin! I thought at first you had crocheted some fine lace there! I prefer the cute over the morbid and terrifying too ... it makes Halloween a lot more fun for the little folk. Have a great time tonight Carrie and Happy Halloween!!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Wendy! I truly enjoy the cute over the creepy. But my youngest is aging fast and was excited about going a bit more ghoulish this year. I know these moments fly fast - so I indulged in the fun a lot this year. ;)
      Hope you had a nice Halloween night too! Blessings. xo

      Delete
  9. I love your spooky-not-so-spooky decor! It's looks so cozy! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! We had so much fun. Hope you guys did too!! Blessings this All Saints Day. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Wow! Your entire house is decorated so wonderfully! Love it! And love your pretty house too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie - such sweet comments!! Hope you had a lovely weekend and blessings to you on the week ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Happy Halloween - Love your decorations especially love the pumpkin yankee candle. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joan! We had a great time. HOpe your weekend was wonderful too! Blessings to you dear Gal. xo

      Delete
  12. Wow! You have the coolest Halloween decorations. Okay, I'm headed over to your house... lol. Have a wonderful weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! We have a lot of fun!! Stop in next time! ;)

      Hope you're having a great weekend too! xoxo

      Delete
  13. Everything looks so nice! Very well put together. I love the bookshelf in your dining room with the glass doors! What a beautiful piece. Enjoy your evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Jill! We found that piece in an antique store during some travels. ;)
      Have a great week! Xo

      Delete
  14. I'm late catching up with leaving comments so really too late to say Happy Halloween but I'm sure with all those wonderful decorations both inside and outside you will have had a great time and a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosie! It was a lot of fun. ;) Blessings on your week!
      Xo

      Delete
  15. You've been busy! I love the flags on your mantel the best. I decorated for Halloween a few days before and then had it all taken down on the first of November. Now for a few weeks of decor "rest" then it's on to Christmas!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been taking down the last of my Halloween things too. Putting out a few thanksgiving things - but know Christmas holiday will be here before I know it! Lol. Thanks for stopping by Bronwyn! Xo

      Delete
  16. What lovely decorations you have. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helena! Blessings to you. ;) xo

      Delete