Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday my Friends!


It was such a fun Halloween holiday weekend over here. Hope you had a hauntingly wonderful weekend too! ;)  We had a lot of fun at our annual Halloween party. Many neighbors, friends, and family came over. The drizzly rainy night didn't even stop the kiddos from trick-or-treating, but just added to the perfect ambiance of the night. We had several friends stay later we ordered pizzas and we played games into the night. Then yesterday was a nice recovery day - cleaning up and then relaxing and watching the Packers last night (sadly they lost their first game -boo!). Now on to the week ahead as we begin this wonderfully thankful month of November.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Kind of gray right now, but it's supposed to clear up a bit and may hit 60* today - unseasonably warm for my neck of the woods! The week ahead looks mild in general, and maybe more rain by the end of it.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Toast with a little peanut butter, banana and honey with some banana. French toast flavored coffee and natural bliss vanilla creamer.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Looking at the brightness of the last shrubs holding some color on the side of my house. Everything else is pretty bare and it's gray skies. 



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching the Today show with my MIL. My Mom had a special bible study class this morning, so I have my MIL for most of the day today. She's snuggling Ruby as we visit, watch the show and I type this. 


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

House is really nice and clean. We had shampooed the carpets last week, scrubbed the floors, cleaned every nook and cranny and washed all the windows etc. That's a wonderful thing about having a party - it motivates a super clean up! We even actually caught up on all the laundry!! (if you can believe it) So it feels great to know that the house work will be light this week.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

My hubby took down the Halloween stuff outside yesterday. We had a lot of fun decking things out - and I'll share an after Halloween post tomorrow with some details and recipes! I still have a few Halloween things up in the house and thought I could have my MIL help me take them down and get out my bin with the rest of the Fall decorations I have that are more Thanksgiving related. If it gets nicer out like they're saying - we'll take Ruby for a nice walk today too. Maybe do some coloring and work on some puzzles together. Then I'll cook up some dinner to bring home for her and my FIL when I drop her off at the end of the day. I'll then grab my daughter from school and zip over to her doctor check up. Nice busy day.



CURRENTLY READING:

I'm reading Anne of Windy Poplars right now.  I had all of the Anne of Green Gables book series when I was young, and I want to have the set for my daughter to read one day. I felt in the mood to re-read some of the later books, so I bought some of them recently. I also recently picked up some of the Avonlea video series because the Fall and upcoming holidays gets me in the mood for all things Avonlea.


ON THE TV TODAY:

Already watched my Good Wife - can't get enough of that! I also watched the Great British Bake Off show that I have never caught - but finally watched and loved!! We still have some amazing race and shark tank to catch up on, as well as some of my cooking shows I tape.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: tacos

TUESDAY: leftovers (tacos are always good for 2 nights)

WEDNESDAY: very busy night with sports and religious educ - so something easy like sandwiches and soup.

THURSDAY: baked stuffed steak, au gratin potatoes, salad

FRIDAY: maybe a date night out with my hubby if I can swing something!

* going to bake some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for my Mom - as she owes a friend some goodies and asked me to bake them for her. Lol (she's not as much of a baker). Also, might bake up pear bars that I love making in the Fall. They have a creamy layer topped with cinnamon spiced pears and all on a macadamia nut crust. So good! 


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I actually just picked up a small cross stitch project I may do for the holidays. Also, I think this week I will hopefully be able to help my Mom finish up her scrapbook gift project. Will share photos when we do!


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new - however I did make an autumn salad a week or so ago I never shared (with homemade honey dijon dressing) that I will probably share this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I had read about cutting aluminum foil with your scissors to sharpen them. My daughter tried that this weekend and it worked great!!


FROM THE CAMERA:

Some preview of my post tomorrow (details from our Halloween party)

Annie's drink box mummy army (bandage wrapped drink boxes)



apples and worms - served with my toffee caramel dip I'll share tomorrow



Annie was a prom queen corpse (my little Girl is growing up and wanted to go ghoulish this year)



Aaron was a crazed prison pig - didn't trick-or-treat but got into the fun for a while




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


14 comments:

  1. I looove your Halloween pics this year! We dressed up, but didn't have a party...maybe when we get into a bigger place we will! I can't wait to read your after-Halloween post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna! We sure had a lot of fun this year. I bet you'll have a lot of fun when you're in your new bigger place too. ;)
      Blessings my Dear. xo

      Delete
  2. Yikes, those costumes!! LOL I just love the Great British Baking Show. It's one of the few shows we watch, and all are on PBS. Can you believe this weather! Looks like we're going to have almost an entire week of warmer-than-average temps. That helps so much to make winter shorter. Glad you had a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather has been a pure delight! I don't want it to end. Today (tuesday) has been much more blustery and normal. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

      Just loving the Great British Baking Show too - I just love PBS so much and donate to them. Perfection!

      Blessings for a mild week your way Dear Gal. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love your daughter's costume!!!
    You day sounds lovely, my friend.
    I threw some frozen meatballs into some sauce and am having meatball sandwiches. Tired out from all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! ;)

      Meatball sandwiches sound scrummy!! Looking forward to a cozy meal later in the week with stuffed steak pinwheels and thinking a side of roasted butternut squash and green beans friend up with lemon juice. Love the season of cozy menus!! ;)

      Blessings and enjoy some rest! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Ha - a prison pig! What an imagination!
    The mummy juice boxes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mari, right?? He's a nut! Lol Or I should just say he's a teenager. At least he participated a bit, that made his sister happy. ;)

      Thanks Doll! Blessings to you. xo

      Delete
  5. I too plan to read my old Anne of Green Gables books. Great minds think alike. I keep seeing Paris things when I shop, and I think of your daughter Annie.
    My brain is on Thanksgiving now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Margot!! Great minds do think alike. And how sweet of you to think of my Paris loving Annie. She still claims she wants to study abroad there. At the very least I truly believe she'll go visit there one day (maybe with her Mom - wink wink) ;)

      I'm ready to focus on Thanksgiving and the holiday season now too. Started holiday pages in my adult coloring book! Lol

      Blessings my Dear Friend. xo

      Delete
  6. That's a pretty scary ghoul! And a prison pig! That's a new one! Lol

    I've never watched The Good Wife but heard a lot of great things about it.

    Thanks for the tip about aluminum foil. I've heard that about sandpaper.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe he wanted to participate this year - but his sister was glad he did! He found the crazed pig mask and like that - and I think his Dad helped him come across the prison uniform to finish off the look. Men. They're weird! ;)

      If you can get your hands on all of the Good Wife seasons they'd be totally worth binge watching - SO GOOD!!

      Hope the rest of your week is lovely my Dear Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  7. We had rain too on Halloween, but still had a lot of kids come through. My mom made Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Cream pie, and we had Subway sandwiches for dinner, no big celebration, just a relaxing kinda thing.

    I have to catch up on the Good Wife!! Ohhhh….and love this new investigator, Jason Crouse, I think he’ll make things interesting. I started it, but didn’t finish last episode, so glad they brought back Eli’s daughter….LOVE her!!

    The mummy army is too adorable!! Can you believe, Thanksgiving is going to be here before we know it, and then Christmas!! Love this time of year. Enjoy your week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it was the perfect kind of relaxing Halloween night.

      I know - I think this Jason investigator is going to "heat things up" on the show in more ways than one! Lol ;) Still just loving this show so much. I'll be curious to see what Eli is going to be up to in the future as he's been taking the hits this season.

      I know what you mean about the time! It's all speeding by so fast. I'm trying to take time, on my less busy days, to soak up some minutes to myself to just enjoy the peace of the season. I truly try to focus on the important blessings in those moments and not get too caught up causing myself anxiety about thinking ahead to the crazy holidays! WAnt to savor and enjoy.

      Blessings to you Doll. xoxo

      Delete