Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Hearty Soup and Cozy Stew

Hello Friends!

 Hope you're having some warmer days than we are here in my Northwoods!! It's been some just lovely(NOT) below zero kind of weather here lately. BBrrr!! Where are you Spring? Please visit soon! 


So of course it's perfect weather for a nice hot bowl of soup. I had planned to make kielbasa soup this week, but then ended up making some changes in my menu and made a different soup earlier in the week, and I know my family would prefer something else tonight. So I think I'll use up the kielbasa I have by making some sliders on little buns I need to use up. I also have some frozen corn on the cob, and can make brown sugar baked beans. Throw in some chips and some raw veggies & dip and we'll do a favorite around here - pretend it's more like picnic weather and have that be our menu tonight. But I still wanted to share that soup recipe as it sounded quite tasty. It's out of the book Fix it and Forget it best slow cooker recipes

What a hearty and cozy sounding soup!  That sausage will flavor that water to make a tasty broth, along with the tomato paste. And then the veggies and potatoes will round it all out in a filling way.  I'll definitely try this one sometime in the future. But I also wanted to share a tasty looking stew from the same book. It would  be a wonderful meatless meal for this Lenten season. 





Doesn't that look yummy? I love that it has savory seasonings and also cinnamon to go with the squash. Rich white beans and sweet squash. You can't go wrong.....right??  Happy Thursday! 


12 comments:

  1. I bet my son in law makes that. Looks good! He's the one who taught me to say Kuh-BAH-suh, instead of my usual KEEL BAH SUH. What's a Scandinavian to do! Anyway, it looks warm and yummy, definitely needed on a day like this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he likes it if he does! Yep, the Polish side of me coming out on liking that recipe. Lol ;) Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  2. Both soups look delicious!! Brrr…is correct, but we have to take the cold to get the hot. Hello Summer! �� Cool Margot is ready! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot! And you're right. My Mom always says that too - "We need to cold to appreciate the warm". Lol
      Blessings Sweetie! xoxo Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. Where did my emoji with the shades go???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - emoji's never translate on here for some reason. ;) But you are COOL even without your shades. Lol xo

      Delete
  4. Now I'm hungry...again! That looks like a very tasty soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Warm and comforting always hits the spot. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Both sound delicious and perfect for a cold day! Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Happy Valentine's to you! xoxo

      Delete
  6. The kielbasa soup especially looks so delicious and warming for a cold winter night! We aren't quite below zero here but winter has def caught up with us unfortunately! Single digits at the moment... :(
    Have a warm cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard our cold snap was headed your way Sweetie! Bundle up and keep warm. Soup is a perfect plan. ;) Blessings Hon and happy Valentine's to you All! xoxo

      Delete