Friday, February 26, 2016

Five on Friday:Spring Stuff

Happy Friday Folks!  


As many of you that follow me know - I've got Spring fever pretty bad this year, and I keep dreaming on the warmer season ahead. So I'm sharing some of my Spring focus today.


ONE

Of course one of the number one things that start this time of year is dreaming on flowers and gardening. I've been getting the catalogs in the mail and I have many pins on pinterest. It's good to dream, right?



building a perfect raised bed @Shari Brown Brown Brown Brown Burkey @Amber Sweaza Would be great for gardening!:
photo courtesy of pinterest


Elegant Lantern Terrariums - zero maintenance miniature gardens. Some even light up for nighttime viewing!:
photo courtesy of pinterest




TWO

I've been slowly putting out a few more Spring decorations. I found a couple of my Irish/Celtic things for St. Patty's day since it's around the corner...as well as a few more things that make me smile and think Springy thoughts.













THREE

I've even been figuring out my plans for our future Easter dinner and looking into ordering the ham. We always love our honeybaked ham and order one from that company every year. It comes fully cooked and with a crunchy sweet glaze all over it already. So yummy!



photo courtesy of honeybaked website





FOUR

I'm also thinking ahead to things I want to make with my essential oils! I'm still learning about them and so fascinated. I need to order some more - and I've pinned many good things on pinterest for ideas too. I'm thinking I'm going to make my own dryer sheets soon...and I also want to make some soaps and lip balms. I think it would be so fun to make soaps with fresh herbs from the garden added in too. I need to find some fun molds and lip balm containers. 



This DIY Lip Balm only takes 5 minutes to make!:



Homemade DIY Dryer Sheets! Love this all natural idea for laundry! It smells great and comes with free printable labels too. Fun!:
photos courtesy of pinterest






FIVE

And of course I'm also thinking about shorts and bathing suit weather and so I'm trying to increase my exercise time. I've also been pinning lots of healthy ideas too.  My old fitbit was having issues - so I recently upgraded to a new one that has even more features! I've been doing our treadmill and sometimes an indoor track at our local YMCA, but I can't wait for the ice and sloppy streets to clear up so I can do more walking outside! I have done some zumba discs now and then too. Do you have a favorite kind of exercise? Or place where you like to work out? 





Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large

The new HR Fitbit photo courtesy of amazon




Lose weight and stay healthy by choosing snacks that nourish your body. Say See ya! to junk food and try these 25 clean snacks under 150 calories. #cleaneatingsnacks #healthysnacks #lowcalorie:

photo courtesy of pinterest


Abs on Fire Workout:
photo courtesy of pinterest



I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.









16 comments:

  1. I like your Spring decorations, especially that Spring sign! I also like your ideas for essential oils. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is definitely in the air, such a lovely post. You have certainly prompted me into thinking about garden plans and Spring décor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad Hon!! I keep thinking Springy thoughts - just wish it felt more that way around here weatherwise. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Like your Spring decorating, I hate Easter coming so early, I prefer it in April, late April at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree!! I don't like when Easter is early - especially where I live. It's sure to be pretty chilly. Boo!
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Spring isn't too far away now, Carrie! I haven't been so bad with the Spring Fever this year and I think it's because it has been milder and we've had some bright sunny days. Look forward to seeing what you'll make with those essential oils. That ham looks SO yummy! Enjoy your weekend :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I keep telling myself...that it's right around the corner. I promise to put on my best "patience". Lol!
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. You certainly have a lot of things planned Carrie! They all sound so great, and I'll admit I've thought about a few of them time to time.

    I enjoy biking more than anything when the weather is decent enough. Not much of a power walker...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I actually liked biking better. My family all like it a lot - but that's less "my thing". I love walking...especially outside where it's woodsy. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed all your Five today! I love making massage balm (which I've yet to put in my Etsy shop) and do make soaps with garden herbs. Yes, it is fun and quite addictive. LOL I'm looking at the Abs chart and it kinda makes me want to drag out the chocolate chips so I have energy to do the exercises. ;-)) After yesterday's marvelous spring-like weather, I'm ready to settle in to the reality of our snowiest month, March. But spring will arrive soon, and I can't wait to get my pepper and tomato seeds planted. How I love those raised beds you're showing us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I need to check out your etsy shop Judy!! I bet I'd LOVE your soaps!! And they'd give me great ideas too. ;)
      I keep telling myself Spring is right around the corner. The older I get the more winter does a "mental" number on me. So it truly helps to dream on warm sun, green growing things and smell essential oil scents like lavender.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Lots of fun spring decorating going on there Carrie! I'd be looking forward to spring too ... except we're expecting about 20cm of snow later this afternoon and this evening :] Have a great week, and good luck with your workouts!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't get as much snow as they said! Keep thinking Springy thoughts!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  8. Your Spring decor is adorable! I won't be able to decorate really with this move and still trying to figure out what house Easter will be in and how we will prepare. Very crazy here right now getting things done. Love the idea of raised flower beds, Jerry and I have been talking about it. And swimsiut season? So not ready especially with all this stress! LOL Have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! ;) I still have lot of springy things to get out yet, maybe this weekend.

      Prayers sent of the crazy that you're living in right now!! Wow - moving again already. Hope all will transition smoothly and you can feel settled soon.

      I love the raised beds idea - now just need to get my hubby more on board with helping me get something like that together. ;)
      blessings xoxo

      Delete