Thursday, March 3, 2016

Caramel Pecan Bars

Hello Folks! 


I know I'm late to posting today - but I didn't make these bars until late in the day.  I still wanted to share them with you because not only are they absolutely divine, but they're also so easy!!  


I actually usually make these bars with cashews, and have always referred to them as caramel cashew bars. However, the original recipe called for pecans...and since I forgot the cashews at the store - pecans it is!









What's so nice and easy about these bars is that you take a few shortcuts with store bought cookie dough and caramel ice cream topping - which saves lots of time! Always good for a week night rush.



Just take a log of store bought cookie dough and cut it into slices. Then lay the slices in a 9x13 pan and press together with floured fingers to make a crust. Bake for about 10 minutes.


While it's baking take 3/4 cup of the caramel sauce and add 2 Tbsp of flour and stir until well mixed. This makes a wonderful thick caramel for the bars!






Then take a cup of pecans (really any nut of your choice - as I said we love cashews with caramel) and a cup of chocolate chips (everything is better with chocolate) and a cup of shredded coconut and sprinkle on top of the warm crust. 



Isn't coconut so fluffy and pretty?  It reminds me of snow. Which, as you know, I'm tired of thinking about. So...




So let's instead think of caramel. 




Ooey gooey caramel rivers all over the top of your chocolate, nuts and coconut.  Then put back in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cookie is fully cooked, the coconut and nuts are toasted, the chocolate is melty and the caramel is bubbling. Oh yum!!






Then after the bars set about an hour or so, cut yourself and big piece with a really cold glass of milk and enjoy an extra special blissful treat! Perfect for a holiday - like say Easter coming up. Or anytime you want a really yummy easy treat.  Here's the cookbook where I found this wonderful recipe and the recipe itself:

It's such a fun book because it has recipe and treats for all the seasons/holidays through the year.





I'm sharing this with Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home.


And with Andrea at Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.

scraptasticbutton



5 comments:

  1. I don't like nuts or coconut - can you believe that? Bob would love these though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about you on this one Mari and was going to suggest swapping in butterscotch chips for the nuts or something, but I didn't know you didn't like coconut too?!?! Oh you miss out Lady. Lol!! But I bet Bob would love them. ;) Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ok, Mari can't be serious! Nuts and coconut are my favs!! And add some caramel and my oh my, I'm in heaven!

    It's getting way too dangerous for me to visit you Carrie ; ).

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Doreen! It's like someone not liking sugar. Lol! ;)

      I'm so sorry I'm the wicked temptress Doll! Run from this recipe - because it is too good!! I'll try to include a regular salad post, how would that be?? Lol

      Blessings on your weekend HOn. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Scrummy with either pecans or cashews I am sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete