Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday

Hello to All! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. 


We had a very fun one around here! On Saturday I had a girls night out with a girlfriend and we went to see the new Tina Fey movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. We both thought it was really good. It's based on a true story - and I expected it to be more comedic...but it was really more dramatic and interesting, plus some funny stuff too. Then yesterday was our game night with family over and it was such a blast!! Great laughs, wonderful conversation and yummy food. Plus, it was so gorgeous and warm outside and looks to be rather Spring-like for our week ahead too. I couldn't ask for more than that! Lol



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Around 40* and sun peeking in a out. A bit breezy though. Supposed to be 50's tomorrow but rain - and maybe even our first thunderstorm of the season - in early March!! Crazy for us. Looks like 40's and 50's all week (and normal high this time of year here is about 30 if we're lucky).  All of our snow will probably melt by the end of this week. Loving it!




ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

One slice of banana chocolate & butterscotch chip bread and 1/2 cup of toasted coconut mocha coffee. Yum!!




  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Cloudy now and trees are waving around a lot due to it being so breezy.  Lots of puddles in the driveway. Lots of melting done yesterday when it was in the 50's!





RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to Celtic music and planning out my menu and week ahead. Lots going on and I need to get my energy level in high gear! Lol




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Nice and clean due to clean up for game night.  





ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Need to throw in more laundry and do my workout. Have the kiddos' haircut appointments tonight. I have other appointments nights this week too, plus groceries & errands, caregiving, and more hockey tourney's ahead. Busy busy busy! 




CURRENTLY READING:

Still reading Nora Roberts book Unfinished Business.




ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched the final Downtown - and in case you haven't seen it I won't give anything away. I'll just say it was SO good and I just bawled knowing it was really all done. I'm still grieving today, as I just really don't want it to be over!! I watched The Good Wife too which is also so good. I have Grey's Anatomy to catch up on and Amazing Race.

 




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover brown sugar chili & sandwiches from game night


TUESDAY: tortellini soup my Uncle had canned and brought us that I will share recipe later in week


WEDNESDAY: broccoli, cheese and bacon egg bake and strawberry muffins and fruit


THURSDAY: spaghetti hot dish, rolls and salad


FRIDAY: not sure yet due to hockey stuff





WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Scrapbooking project that will be a gift for a cousin of mine in the future. Also recipe card project for a friend...and along with that trying to finish up Annie's cookbook scrapbook and organize my recipes better at the same time! 



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I still didn't make the wet walnuts for ice cream I planned to last week, and think I may give them a try this week.




TIP OF THE WEEK:

If you don't do a family game night - even once in a while - I suggest that you do! Such a fun way to share time together. 




FROM THE CAMERA:


New fireplace and hot crock pot of chili all set for game night!





 Bunnies and flowers and Eastery decorations showing up all around here now. ;) 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

21 comments:

  1. Glad your family game night was such a hit! Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll try to throw together some sort of game night for the boys during spring break (if I'm not too wiped out from Easter brunch). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan Jean!! ;)
      Hope you're week is going great. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good weekend and fun times with your family! I hope that your week will be a good one. The last Downton was really good wasn't it, I am enjoying this series of the Good Wife too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Yes - Downton was perfection!! Loving GW too. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. You are definitely a girl after my own heart. There you go again with coconut. :)

    Isn't it amazing how much different it is this winter than last? Of course, that's because we are in florida lol.

    I want to see that movie too. Love Tina Fey!

    Have a great week sweet cheeks!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't help myself with treats! Lol Would you believe it's because food is love? ;)

      Yes, I'm sure it's been QUITE a different winter for you Lady!!

      You'll love the Tina movie - I'm sure of it.
      Happy week to you Babes! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are definitely a girl after my own heart. There you go again with coconut. :)

    Isn't it amazing how much different it is this winter than last? Of course, that's because we are in florida lol.

    I want to see that movie too. Love Tina Fey!

    Have a great week sweet cheeks!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, weather sounds springlike with you! We had 8 inches of snow on Friday, but it's nearly melted already. Game night sounds lots of fun and cool you don't have to cook dinner on Monday night :-)
    Have a super week, Carrie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scary thing is, Alison, that even though we're in a nice warm spell now - we could easily have a switch and tons of snow anytime. I pray it won't happen though! :)

      Yes, bonus no cooking dinner Monday! Lol Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Fun fun fun weekend!
    And your breakfast sounds delicious!
    Love seeing those pretty sweeper marks in your carpet, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo!
      It's funny you notice the carpet - as I can hardly work on vacuum in the new carpet because it's so thick and harder to push now. Kind of nice I get off more vacuum duty though. ;) My hubby or son oblige me more now. Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Your home sounds wonderfully busy and family oriented. I appreciated your comment on Downton Abbey and I agree with you about the strong women, although Mary, who was originally my favorite, needs to temper her strength with kindness. Granny had years to find wisdom, but her harsh edge needed a little sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you about Mary Judy. I think Granny gave her lots to think about during that one "sister chat". I also think her hubby and another baby is going to soften her up that much more. ;) Love the sandpaper comment!! Lol!! Put perfectly my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Fun weekend!
    I'm SO happy to hear such nice weather is headed your way!
    Hooray for Easter decorations!
    Right now our game nights usually involve Candy Land and Sequence for Kids but it's still fun! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie! I LOVED the candy land days. And chutes and ladders and hi ho cherry o and all of those good oldies. ;) I was also a mean go fish player in my day!! Lol I miss those sweet days.
      We have regular sequence and love that game too!
      Blessings Doll xoxo

      Delete
  9. LOVE your inspirational!!! Sounds like you're getting a bit of spring fever. I love how pretty your house is. So clean too - LOL I pray for that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Yep, spring fever has hit hard and nice weather is the only thing to cure it - so hope weather people are correct! ;)

      Such sweet comments. And your lovely home is coming on beautifully and I can't wait to see it when it's all done. - SOON!! ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Mmmm...the chili looks delicious, and your house looks great! My sister and I have a game night together just about every evening. This evening we played Bible trivia. Other times we play chess, battleship, Blurt, Super Quiz, Ten Commandments, or Speed Scrabble. And once in awhile other family members join us. It is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! My kiddos have been into chess lately as my son has been teaching my daughter. He's been amazingly patient with her too (he's 15 and she's 9). ;) Sad to say I never learned, but I've been observing them.

      I think it's so cool that you and your sister play so often! Good family time together and such good "smart" time too (& I don't mean phone!) Lol
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  11. So glad that you are getting some warmer weather, Carrie! Your weekend sounds like fun. I saw the previews of that movie and wanted to see it but wasn't sure - now I will. Lots of good food there, always. I can practically taste that chili! I can't believe Easter is almost here....life is catching up with me. Love the 'keep calm' quote. Your family room looks so warm and inviting. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Such sweet comments. I hear you -it does feel like this month is flying especially fast. I'm sure a lot of it is having EAster so early this year.

      Hang in there and hope you get to keep enjoying lovely days and don't get too busy. ;)
      Blessings dear Gal! xoxo

      Delete