Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


happyhomemakermonday

Happy Monday Folks! 


How was your weekend? Mine sure went by fast! We traveled for some hockey (big surprise - Lol) and enjoyed some lovely weather!! Where we were for hockey it hit 70* on Saturday. I guess back at home here it hit 60* - so lovely all the way around. ;)  Then Sunday Annie and I went with a girlfriend of mine and her daughters to go watch our other girlfriend's daughter perform in an Irish dance show. Her daughter has been doing Irish dance since she was very young and she is now 12 years old. Her group was amazing!!! We went out for dinner and just had such a fun Girlie trip!! Now diving into the week ahead...



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Pretty foggy this morning. In the 30's - might get in the 40's. Supposed to be a cooler rainy week this week. Still - it's not supposed to be below zero or blizzard (which it has done in March often in the past) so I'm thrilled! 




ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 piece of toast with peanut butter & honey & cinnamon and some yogurt.  Coffee.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Very gray and still a bit foggy. Almost all of the snow is gone now, though, and I mainly only see brown grass - which I cannot wait to see turn green. 





RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to soothing music and looking through my calendar for the week. I'm also getting out my devotional to do a little time after blogging.





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Tidy for the most part, but need to do laundry catch up from the weekend trip.





ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Devotional time, workout, laundry and minor cleaning. Work on grocery list too, but I may get to the actual shopping later in the week due to more severe rain predicted in the first part of the week here. I think I can make due with groceries I still have until then. Kiddos have a few sports nights this week, religious education, and I play wallyball with my girls one night. And I'll have the usual caregiving and cooking over the week. The top class that won my box tops contest is getting their ice cream sundae party this week too - so I need to grab the goodies for that and bring them to school later in the week. Busy, but fun stuff!





CURRENTLY READING:

I didn't read much of my Nora Roberts book this last week, so need to get back to it so I can finish it up. Got some fun new Spring magazines so have been reading those.





ON THE TV TODAY:

I know I still have some Greys Anatomy to catch up on and maybe some Amazing Race? I need to check. We've been back to watching Blindspot too. I have some cooking shows taped to catch up on as well.

 




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: Not sure - but will see what leftovers may still be in the fridge to work with for something


TUESDAY: probably breakfast for dinner


WEDNESDAY: may be picking up subway or something as it will probably be our busiest run around night of the week


THURSDAY: wild rice stuffed pork chops, pasta side and salad


FRIDAY: not sure as more hockey ahead this weekend





WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Scrapbooking project that will be a gift for a cousin of mine in the future. Also recipe card project for a friend...and along with that trying to finish up Annie's cookbook scrapbook and organize my recipes better at the same time!  (no changes here - still working on all of the above)



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

probably nothing really new but I will share my Uncle's yummy tortellini soup recipe later in the week




TIP OF THE WEEK:

I know this is a smart way to stay on track with eating healthy - and I need to get better about doing it: put healthy snacks, already portioned out in healthy amounts, in little baggies in the fridge or cabinet - as you'll be more likely to grab them if they're ready to go! 




FROM THE CAMERA:


We had my son and daughter's hockey. Here's some quick shots from one of my daughter's games (we love #16) - and she even stopped in the middle of the game to wave to me when she saw I had the camera out. Lol!


Beautiful sunset from the car driving to hockey.




My daughter and my girlfriend's daughters getting a photo with the Irish dancer extraordinaire (Maddy) my other girlfriend's daughter. We couldn't take photos during the show, but got this one with Maddy after the show. Then went out for dinner and here's the girls building their own pizzas before they took them to get baked. Fun girlie times!!


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures! :-) Looks like a great week ahead for you :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time this weekend, it sounds like a lot of fun! That is a beautiful photo of the sunset too! I hope you have a great week. Thank you so much for your incredible review, I really appreciate it, you are wonderful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! My pleasure on the review - all true!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. You're always doing fun things Carrie, and your daughter sure keeps you on your toes ;)

    I've tried that tip about snacks and *mostly* it works, but sometimes a girl just has to have a cannoli, ya' know?

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to find lots of fun to balance out all the hockey! Lol!! And now you've gone and done it - and now I want a cannoli. ;) Where's my baggie of carrots? ::sigh::

      Blessings Hon xoxo

      Delete
  4. What wonderful pictures! Glad some warmer weather found you. I'm hoping that Netflix will pick up The Blind Spot so I can watch it all at once some time as it seems really interesting. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I think you'd like Blind Spot. It's fast paced and intriguing and I like the characters. It's a fun one that my hubby and I have been enjoying together. ;)
      Happy week to you xoxo

      Delete
  5. SO glad you had such a fun weekend. The Irish dancing is always a JOY to watch and I bet a whole lot more fun when you know the people doing it!

    What a gorgeous sunset and such lovely weather in your neck of the woods - COME ON SPRING!

    Your inspirational is wonderful today too! Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! It was such a great Irish show. Such talented kiddos!! Come on Spring is right!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I bet the Irish Step Dance Performance was so fun! Anytime I've seen a show I can't help but tap my feet along with the beat - so entertaining!
    We even had snow at this time last year so I can only imagine how happy you must be to having a mild March.
    Hope you'll post some pics of your scrapbooking projects once they're completed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was a blast! ;) Been loving our mild winter and heading into Spring and pray it continues!! I will definitely be sharing my projects in the future!! ;)
      Blessings my Dear. xoxo

      Delete