Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday


Good morning and happy Monday Friends! 


Well here we are at another new week - and Easter week at that! Where does the time go? I definitely have some blog catching up to do as this past weekend was another one out-of-town for hockey. However, the good news is now there's a break as it was the last one for the WINTER season. The bad news is the break is very short and practices for SUMMER hockey begins already in April - but no more tourneys until May though. It's where I live folks...and what my kiddos love. What's a Mom to do? Lol ;)  I'm looking forward to the Easter weekend ahead and spending time at my church and with my family - eating yummy goodies and just being together.




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Blue skies and sunshine! Still a little cool, but it might hit 40* today. Looks like a week ahead in the 30's for the most part. We also may get a little bit of snow this week- but that's the key word - LITTLE! So it won't last. All of the snow that we had is pretty much gone and I see grass, and some of it even turning green. Yay!!





ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 a bagel with butter, a cutie orange, and some coconut mocha coffee.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I love seeing the sun shine and making shadows on the ground of the big evergreen trees around my house. When I let Ruby out this morning the birds were singing away just like a summer morning. It just fills the soul to see robins and other birds coming back. True signs of Spring!





RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm in my office going through some crafts I'm working on - planning some pages ahead. Listening to music while the rest of my house is nice and quiet. 






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I have laundry going - washing both of my kiddos' hockey gear (the tourney involved both of their teams).  Dishes are done and everything else is pretty tidy. I need to do some dusting and some cleaning in our bedroom to clear the final clothes out of the suitcase and put the rest of the toiletries from the weekend away.






ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Devotional time and workout time. Annie is home from school this week so we have some fun things planned! She slept over at a friend's house last night, as we were back early enough yesterday. I want to accomplish some tasks before she's back and probably with several friends in tow. Lol!  I need to make out the rest of my grocery list for the week too. We have some fun things planned  while Annie is home this week- so looking forward to time with my Girl! I know one day is going to be all about shopping at the "big Mall" as she calls it. She may like hockey but she's a Gal after my own heart too. ;) 







CURRENTLY READING:

I've still been catching up on Spring magazines - and I picked up some fun craft ones too. I plan to get back to my book this week and finish it though.







ON THE TV TODAY:

I caught some of The Passion musical on tv but have the rest taped. It looked like it's really cool with pop songs portraying the passion of Jesus. I also have The Good Wife taped and cooking shows yet to catch up on. I think we have some Shark Tank taped too. And I'm way behind on The Voice. 


 




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: using up stuff in the fridge - grilled sandwiches and salad bar night


TUESDAY: tacos


WEDNESDAY: BBQ chicken pizza on whole wheat crust that I wasn't able to make the prior week


THURSDAY: homemade chicken and dumplings


FRIDAY: maybe out to eat since we'll actually be around this weekend (fish for me) 


SUNDAY: Easter dinner:  honey baked ham, yummiest cheesy potatoes, spring salad (with spinach, strawberries, mandarin oranges, red onion, homemade sugared pecans, & poppyseed dressing), corn, dinner rolls, and dessert (mini fruit pizza cookies, lemon bars, chocolate truffles)






WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

nothing new - will probably re-share some yummy Spring treat recipes






TIP OF THE WEEK:

If you have wonderful produce to use up (like from the farmer's market or the garden) - you can do a salad bar night like I often do. It's a great way to clean out the fridge and my kiddos love building their own. I just cut up or shred everything and set it out. Another great way is to make a yummy vegetable soup - even a big batch and freeze some if needed.

 




FROM THE CAMERA:

I promise these will be some final hockey photos for a while! But I had to share as Annie had a really big weekend. She scored her first goal and it was so precious she didn't know what to do. A lot of the boys score and celebrate right away on the ice. One of the boy players skated over right away and jumped on her and patted her helmet to congratulate her. The crowd went wild for her. It was pretty adorable. And then she also got her first penalty (for tripping) and had to go to the penalty box. I didn't get a photo of the goal (bummer) but I did get a photo of her in the penalty box. I thought it was so cute because she had to lean over and ask the helper coach (my hubby is head coach) what to do. Lol. The 3rd photo is her going after the puck in the center of the action among all those boys.  I also caught pretty twilight sky out our windows last night.



sitting in the "sin bin" Haha - aka penalty box


hey coach what do I do when my time is up?



go get that puck Annie and show those boys a thing or two!



pretty 1st day of Spring twilight sky


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Your menu sound yummy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your verse!
    Love your tip of the week, especially now that we're (slowly) getting back into salad season!
    LOVE your Easter menu!
    Congrats to Annie! How exciting for her!
    The first day of Spring photo is gorgeous!
    Blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Coconut Mocha Coffee sounds delicious!! Hope your week is lovely. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight is my favorite time of day. Loved the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that spring is perhaps starting to spring for you! Hope you enjoy the very short hockey break, sounds like it was a good end to the season. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the description of your view from window, sounds so nice. hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything sounds lovely, my friend!
    Enjoy the week and your Easter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hockey is a huge commitment! Enjoy your break Cartie. I'm sure you'll be super productive as always.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hockey is a huge commitment! Enjoy your break Cartie. I'm sure you'll be super productive as always.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another busy week for you! Have fun with your sweet Annie, and congrats to her for scoring her first goal! Your Easter dinner sounds so good and glad to hear that the weather is warming up a bit for you. Just hearing the birds sing makes the day so much better. Hope you share the albums you are working on. Happy Easter week, my friend. Hugs and blessings. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weather sounds just lovely Carrie - and so does your Easter feast. We will be visiting my father on Easter Sunday, and I'll be singing in the church choir at lot over the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, all go your end, Carrie! What a dedicated hockey mum you are...it's quite a commitment isn't it. Spring is definitely springing, I heard the Canada geese honking as they came back this way today. Can't wait to hear more about your Easter feast, can I join you!! xx

    ReplyDelete