Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday


Hello there my dear Friends. Happy Monday!


How was your weekend? Did you have a lovely Easter holiday? We had a wonderful one here. Good times with Friends on Saturday. Yesterday we did wake up to a winter wonderland again. Pretty snow, but looked more like Christmas. However, it didn't last and go sunnier later in the day and melted most of it. And then a lovely mass, yesterday morning, where our newly appointed Bishop performed our service. The choir did an especially beautiful job and the music was so beautiful. Then back to our house for a lovely ham dinner feast with family. Then just fun togetherness all day (& I even snuck in a much needed nap late in the afternoon!) Lol Now the house seems so quiet today after a week of Spring break with my daughter at home last week. Time to jump into this Monday, though, so here goes!




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Blue skies with some sunshine and clouds. In the low 40's today. Looks like tomorrow may be a warmer day. Then rain predicted for later in the week and back to cold by next weekend! Maybe even more snow. Yuck!!





ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Pineapple greek style yogurt with cinnamon almond curry granola on top. 1/2 cup of coffee.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Pretty sun out right now. I'm watching a city work truck cut down some unsafe trees on the road up from our driveway. They're also trimming some of the branches on the evergreens that are getting too close to the power lines. Ruby loves laying on my son's bed and looking out his big picture window to watch them work. Sometimes she'll give out a bark at them - thinking they can hear her. Lol






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to some praise and worship music and typing away here in my office. Started a list for today and the things I need to accomplish!







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Already did lots of tidying up after family left yesterday. Made the dining room table smaller (back to normal) already. Still some jobs to accomplish today, but kind of nice to have things quiet and calm so I can be more productive.







ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Devotional time and work out. Need to do some work for my daughter's school as I'm heading a committee for an event coming up the end of the year, but it always requires months of planning. I have more laundry to catch up on and one more load of dishes leftover from yesterday to get in dishwasher.  I'm also looking ahead at schedule for the week. Need to caregive and take my MIL one day for my FIL to go to MD appointment. Need to take Ruby in for her haircut and have a presentation to watch in my daughter's classroom on another day this week.  Yep, holidays are over and it's back to business around here!








CURRENTLY READING:

Spent lots of time with my Girl last week and haven't read much. Need to get back to my book and catch up on some new magazines I received recently.








ON THE TV TODAY:

I caught up on a lot of  The Voice. I have Good Wife taped and didn't watch it yet. I did watch Grantchester last night which is back for its 2nd season on PBS.  I have some cooking shows and Grey's Anatomy to catch up on too. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: Easter leftovers


TUESDAY: think I'll grill something (burgers? chicken?) and do a veggie pasta salad and corn on the cob (summery food!) 


WEDNESDAY: if some ham still left will use up either in scalloped potatoes or ham and cheese omelets


THURSDAY: sweet and sour pork chops & veggies over rice


FRIDAY: spaghetti and meatballs - might do slow cooker version?, salad, garlic bread


*Planning to bake new recipe I found for peanut butter & jelly pound cake (my kids will LOVE this). Will bake some banana bread (to give some to in-law's when I bring meals this week).  Would like to make some homemade granola too.







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

PB & J pound cake will be new. Maybe new granola recipe too.






TIP OF THE WEEK:

I keep thinking Spring thoughts and i saw this idea on pinterest and thought it sounded so smart:  If you have a lot of herbs growing in your garden and you want to preserve some - freeze them in an ice cube tray using olive oil instead of water. Then you can throw them in any future soups or dishes easily!

 





FROM THE CAMERA:



The Easter Bunny is always very creative and hides the treats, eggs and little gifts in weird places all over the house! Annie loves the hunt, but the teenager is less participatory these days. ::sigh::




Annie had us all up early in our pj's (meaning shorts) to watch her go on the "hunt". 



Dressed up and ready to head to mass. 





Decorations among the tulips & fruit pizzas ready for dessert.



Table all set and pretty, and my new temptations dishes (matches all of my bakeware) came just in time to be used for the holiday meal!






It was a wonderful Easter meal - my MIL gave it the thumbs up!









PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




14 comments:

  1. Lovely Easter Day, my friend!
    And I think you look stunning!
    Have a cozy week as we return to normal after a whirlwind of holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! And your rewards will be great in heaven for the stunning comment. Lol ;)

      Hope you're having a great start to your week. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love all the photos of your Easter! These teenagers, what are we going to do with them? Mine stayed up much too late making the bunny for sleepy in her work ;) Your dishes are beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I know - what are we do to with these teenagers? Lol I guess it's best to keep them around as you know they know EVERYTHING of course. ;)

      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  3. What a lovely weekend you had Carrie! Your daughter is just darling, as is her mother ;).

    Have I every told you I love your fur baby?? If you ever need a dog sitter, I'm in!

    We're back, and I just put up a post so drop by.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! You are too sweet with your kind comments. ;) Well you'd have to fight my Mom to get to sitting for Ruby - but I'll keep you on the list. Lol xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh what a lovely Easter you had my friend. LOVE all those pictures and your imaginative Easter bunny. Your new dishes are really pretty too.

    ALL your pictures are beautiful - LOVE that you actually got into one!

    PERFECT inspirational too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Tamy! Sorry your Easter sounded too eventful. Hope you're having a better week! xoxo

      Delete
  5. A lovely Easter you had, dear Carrie, and so nice to see your beautiful face and your sweet family! Your new dishes and Easter table are very pretty. Love hearing about your week. The new recipe sounds yummy:) The quote is lovely. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! I feel awfully blessed to have such abundance. ;) Blessings to you and hope you have a great week ahead! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Carrie,
    We had a nice Easter too, but very rainy. I am in Mobile, AL visiting my husband while his ship is being built here. My oldest son came down from Jacksonville, FL. We had to eat out, because we couldn't grill out like planned.
    Good to see you and Annie!
    Homemade granola sounds good, and I like the herb~olive oil idea!!
    Love the quote.
    Have a great week!!!
    Margot oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margot my Dear! So nice to catch up with you and get the scoop! Sounds like it was a lovey Easter for you - minus the rain. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you dear Friend. Blessings on all of your travels! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Love the table setting. Looks like you had a lovely Easter! but snow on Easter? that's got to feel strange? or is it something you are use to? Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! It did feel quite like Merry Christmas time around here in the morning on Easter - but at least it cleared up and got better after that. Lol We have had many Easters with snow up here in my northwoods - especially when it falls early like this year.

      Thinking Spring thoughts though! Hope you are too! Blessings my Friend. xoxo

      Delete