Thursday, March 31, 2016

PB & J Pound Cake

Happy Thursday my Friends!  


I had planned to make this dessert already and then share the steps with you. However, life took over and my daughter had a presentation at school yesterday that I attended and I didn't get to groceries as I had planned. So later today I'll be grabbing groceries. But I wanted to share this yummy recipe I found anyway - as Thursday's tend to be "cooking Thursday" around the blog here. ;)  


This was a recipe I found online through Good Housekeeping. The article shared how to take either your favorite pound cake recipe, or an easy pound cake mix and doctor it up 4 different ways with different flavors. This is the one I thought my kiddos would really love!

PB&J pound cake
Stir 1 c. peanut butter chips into batter. Spread two-thirds batter in pan, dollop ½ c. raspberry jam over it, and top with remaining batter. Run butter knife through batter to swirl jam.
photo: better homes and gardens

Doesn't that just look yummy? I don't have a favorite pound cake recipe - so I will be making mine from a mix. Then here are the rest of the steps:


Stir one cup of peanut butter chips into batter. Spread two-thirds batter in pan, dollop 1/2 cup raspberry jam over it, and top with remaining batter. Run butter knife through batter to swirl jam.


Some other flavors they mentioned were coffee-cinnamon swirl, lemon almond crunch and triple chocolate. They all sound heavenly, don't they? You can see the full article and recipes here.  Have a "sweet" day!



4 comments:

  1. It certainly DOES look yummy Carrie! You're turning into quite the chef, aren't you? Everything you share looks and sounds so good, but sadly, I will have to stay away from this recipe. I beefed up quite a bit while in Florida :(. I'll keep it in mind for when I'm hot and sexy again lol.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe with so many choices. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my sisters made muffins out of a similar recipe some time ago. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are great! I would love to try a few of these....I know someone who loves donuts :) But I would be afraid of retaliation! haha! The eggs are really cute. Thanks for the ideas! So fun. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete