Monday, April 4, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Happy Monday to All!


Are you ready to jump into a new week?? I can't believe how fast the weekends fly. We had a very nice relaxing weekend (hockey free - LOL) and I enjoyed it so much - minus some colder weather again.  My daughter is part of the chorus in her grade school, and they performed at the university with a steel drum group. Very tropical sounding and so fun! 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Partly cloudy - bits of sun here and there.  Pretty chilly as only in the upper 20's. Woke up to a little snow this AM.  Supposed to be colder all week (20's & 30's) and on and off snow or freezing rain for several of the days. Yuck! Winter isn't through with us just yet. ::sigh::





ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 cup of coffee. A piece of butterscotch chip banana bread and some strawberries.





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sunny right now out my office window.  Some patches of snow here and there, but thankfully still some green grass too.






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Making out my grocery list. May run tonight to get them after PTA meeting. I'm listening to the new Enya album - so pretty and nice soothing way to start my morning.







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Definitely have a bit of clean up to do. My daughter & I woke up late this AM so we were a whirlwind around here getting her ready for school. Lol  Plus, my son is home this week on Spring break so he was up late tonight and didn't tidy up his messes too well either. 






ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Devotional time and work out. Finish grocery list too. I need to do laundry, dishes and some tidying up. Need to get notes together for PTA meeting.  I need to catch up with all my blogging friends too as I'm behind in that!! Going to tidy up in my office as things are taking over in here again! AAhhhh!! Lol I have so many different projects going (which I love) - but I feel like I need to get a better organizational handle on it all again. Will be a busy night as my son starts drivers education (pray for me!), and the PTA meeting and will be getting groceries.








CURRENTLY READING:

I have been back to my Nora Roberts book and still catching up on fun Spring magazines.








ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched Call the Midwife last night (yay! so happy it's back!!).  I need to catch up on Grantchester. I also need to catch up on The Voice and some cooking shows. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: tortellini with marinara, garlic bread, salad


TUESDAY: easy salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and veggies 


WEDNESDAY: baked crispy chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries


THURSDAY: sweet & sour meatballs, rice, veggie egg rolls


FRIDAY: I think out for dinner







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

new salisbury steak recipe (fast & easy)





TIP OF THE WEEK:

A couple of fun life hacks I found online at awesomeinventions.com :

 prevent splatters



junk


coin






FROM THE CAMERA:
My pretty Ruby after her haircut Friday,  and just look at her pose! Lol



I made a turkey breast in the slow cooker on a bed of stuffing, this weekend,  & it was so tender and the stuffing was full of the flavor of the drippings. So good! I'd never done a turkey in the slow cooker before. Just so easy and really tasty.  I'll share recipe I used soon.





My pretty Girl all ready for her concert.


Annie is right in the middle but the lighting made her face too bright. Yep, that's my shining star! Lol Here's a video clip if you'd like to hear those steel drums too. Made me imagine I was on vacation with a fruity drink sitting on a beach somewhere. :


video








PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

27 comments:

  1. Sorry winter won't leave you alone around there! I'm going to be watching for your turkey in the slow cooker recipe. Turkey is one of the few things my ultra picky youngest son will eat without a lot of complaint. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I'm SO over it, that's for sure!! Spring really felt like she was here to stay...but I should know better because of where I live. Lol

      I'll plan to share the turkey recipe on Thursday! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Winter is still here in the Detroit area too :( Butterscotch chip banana bread? Definitely has my mouth watering!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Sherry!! We just have to keep thinking those Spring thoughts!

      My butterscotch banana bread recipe is under my "recipes" tab at the top of the page if you'd like to see it. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's snowing like crazy here too! Geez Louse...

    Your daughter is such a doll Carrie!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it stop Doreen!! I thought the groundhog didn't see his shadow and all that stuff? I should be out on the deck grilling by now! ;)

      Thanks so much Hon - I'd have to agree that Annie is my dolly. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh your girl is lovely!
    And please...the turkey recipe!!!!
    P.S. Cold and snowy here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Billie Jo!

      Well I guess it's good weather for cozy turkey recipes. Lol I'll share it tomorrow (Thursday). ;)

      Think Spring! xoxo

      Delete
  5. lol at credit card spam : ) love it.
    I hope you try that new recipe.
    Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - pretty genius on the credit card spam idea, huh? Lol

      I made the salisbury steak last night for the in-law's. Verdict all around was very tasty. ;)

      Hope you're having a great week Sweetie! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your daughter looks beautiful, and Ruby is adorable! Loved the one about flipping a coin--so true. :) Your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweet Bethany Gal! Thanks so much!! ;)
      That coin toss one does make perfect sense, doesn't it?
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Very cute shots of your daughter ;) The video clip was great! I was behind in everything yesterday too, all because one daycare child was later than normal and I was catching up until late afternoon.
    This snow can go anytime, but thankfully it's bright and sunny today.
    Enjoy your week ... sounds like it's a full-on project week.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!

      Yep, been a busy week here for sure. But good and getting things done. I guess the winter weather yet helps me to stay motivated. Lol

      Still catching up though - obviously. :) Happy rest of the week to you! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Annie looks beautiful and I love her necklace! She's got good style!
    That turkey looks and sounds delicious.
    The paper plate tip is genius!
    Ruby looks adorable - don't you just love the way they smell after being groomed!?
    And, if it makes you feel any better, it's in the 20's and windy here.... although no snow luckily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Laura! ;) Annie chose one of my extra shiny necklaces to wear special for the performance. It was really neat as she kept sparkling right up there in the middle of the pack. Lol

      I LOVE Ruby after she's groomed. She's SO soft and does smell so good.

      Well good to know I'm not suffering cold and yuck alone.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Hope you are having a good week and that your meetings are going well. I used to return credit card and other unsolicited mail like that, we don't get much now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy - thanks Doll!!

      You smart Girl on the credit card spam - I need to start doing that one!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of that tropical drum concert and love the picture of your pup on the chair - so cute. I hope that turkey breast was as good as it looks. Great tips too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamy! Thanks Sweetie!

      It was such a fun concert. The turkey breast, and that stuffing, were both delish!!

      Happy rest of the week to you! Working to catch up! xoxo

      Delete
  12. Butterscotch chip banana bread sounds yummy!! I like the idea with sending the junk mail back, lol…I bet they love it!! Annie looks just adorable, and they sounded really good singing too, love the sound of steel drums!! Oh that Ruby!! I like your quote too, even though I’m not fond of Mondays!! Hope you have a fantastic week Carebear!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie! Thanks so much. ;)

      Annie did a great job & it was such fun! Hope you're having a great week so far. I'm behind, but will come by to say hi soon! Still playing catch up.

      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Cute pictures of both your girls! Ruby looks so fluffy :-) it's been wintery here too, hail stones and all. That turkey recipe sounds yummy, make sure you post it soon! Have a good week, lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!!

      Hope you're continuing to think Spring like me - Mother Nature's got to give in soon, right??

      Planning to post turkey Thursday!

      Happy rest of the week Doll! xoxo

      Delete