Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday Friends! 


www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Welcome to the new week! We had a lovely weekend here filled with wonderful weather! It felt heavenly and filled up my soul. Especially since the weather ahead appears less warm. We did yard work (even mowing!), tore down the well that was on our back hill (more on that later), had friends over for a fun game night & a fire on our deck with s'mores, and then had a sports day yesterday (both kiddos had soccer, my son hadsome hockey, & we even watched our friends' daughter's volleyball game). A full weekend indeed. ;) 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Chilly and 40's today. Supposed to rain a bit as well. The clouds make it seem heavy and dark outside -which is not helping me feel peppy as I go about my day. Unfortunately cooler weather predicted this week....which is more normal temps for this time of year. The warmth was wonderful while it lasted! 







ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Caramel cashew breakfast bar from my new isagenix program and coffee and lots of water.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Raindrops are starting to fall actually. The wind is blowing the trees around and it just looks cold and blustery.  I want to curl up in my soft fleece blanket and go back to bed!







RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm in my office drinking my water and listening to the George Ezra station on pandora.  I seem to be drinking gallons of water these days, as I'm really taking my new health plan very seriously.  I'm thinking about the week ahead and things that we have scheduled.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

It feels warm and cozy while the wind blows around outside and the rain falls. I may even turn on the new fireplace for a bit today and just enjoy snuggling in - as it feels such a blessing I don't have major things scheduled to have to go out and about for my day today. I need to catch up on more laundry. My sweet hubby loaded dishes in the dishwasher this AM before he left for work. There wasn't a lot but he still gets lots of points for the gesture!! ;) 








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Snuggling in!! Lol  I need to do a workout on the treadmill, finish some devotional time, go through some paperwork, schedule some appointments and write out the grocery list. I also need to refill a prescription for my son that I will need to pick up later.  I have blog catch up too. I really try to dedicate weekends to my family so I don't get all the visits in that I'd like by the end of the week. So I always look forward to the new week to get back to visiting you my sweet Friends!

 My hubby and I went over all of the tournament schedules for the summer, from our kiddos' various sports, and I need to plug them into my iphone calendar. That tool is my life line to keep it all straight!  Figuring out my busy week ahead, too, that includes some appointments, grocery shopping, a school meeting,  Aaron's drivers ed, and some hockey this week.  I'm determined to finish more of the baby album gift I've been working on too.









CURRENTLY READING:

Still reading Susan Branch's new book Martha's Vineyard: Isle of Dreams and absolutely loving it!!!








ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched The Good Wife and Call the Midwife. I have cooking shows taped and Grantchester to catch up on. I may give up on the Voice and I'm so far behind and it doesn't seem quite as good this time.  Outlander has been back too and I'm so happy!! I need to catch up on the most recent episode of that too. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftovers from the weekend (peek around at what's in the fridge)


TUESDAY:breakfast for dinner


WEDNESDAY: roll up sandwiches and creamy tomato soup


THURSDAY: BBQ sloppy joes over corn bread, corn on the cob, melon and green beans


FRIDAY: pierogi casserole bake thanks to the idea by my friend Billie Jo at the blog Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea! 

** I'm also planning to make an easy caramel apple tart for a fun dessert this week







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

The BBQ sloppy joes are a new recipe and I may try a new cornbread recipe to go with it too. Also Billie Jo's casserole is a new one for me and the new caramel apple dessert recipe I want to try.







TIP OF THE WEEK:


As you can tell I've been having fun each week going to different life hack sites for fun ideas. When I saw this one at 1000lifehacks.com I couldn't resist sharing because it's so me!!!  I always wonder as we're about 1/2 hour into the trip if I locked the door!! We're lucky as usually my Mom is coming to stay and take care of Ruby - but I still inevitably worry/wonder as we leave. Lol! Plus, it'll soon be summer vacation/travel season so thought it might be useful.










FROM THE CAMERA:




Even though our grass is green - there's still no buds on the trees yet. It's pretty bare looking, but the lovely weather had Ruby and I out for some walks to enjoy the beautiful blue skies and puffy white clouds. And we had friends over for a fun night of enjoying the outdoor fire table and a fun s'mores buffet. I put out regular and banana split flavor marshmallows, hershey bars, nutella, graham crackers and even some actual bananas to cut up and add if desired. The kids played on the hill and when it got dark and chilly we came in and played board games. Perfect Spring evening. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

especially when it's rainy and cold like today! 

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




13 comments:

  1. SO glad you had a fun filled weekend! And I love those photos - especially the fire and mug. :D

    The life hack is great advice! And your inspiration is spot on! I'm just hanging out today and trying to play catch up on blogs as we (even so close to the 5th largest city) are basically on lock down from the flooding and the perpetual storms. Even the grocery stores are closed.

    Have a wonderful and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamy! I'm so behind too and working on catch up. HOpe all is well and safe there!

      Thanks for the visit and I'll be coming by again soon. Blessings to you xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and your recipes look delicious! Love Susan Branch! i've finally posted about our new home and still trying to catch up on reading everyones blogs... I miss visiting. Been so busy here still but I need to catch up with my blog friends, good to see you are doing well.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED seeing the photos of your new home Jill! Can I move in too? What a beautiful place!!

      I"m so behind and playing catch up too. Seems to be that busy time of year - lots of kiddos activities, outside chores, end of school stuff etc.

      Blessings as you continue to get settled and looking forward to seeing more about your house. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of the road. Makes me want to get out and go for a walk (after it stops raining). A s'mores buffet sounds so fun. I may have to borrow that for my teenager's birthday coming up soon. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Wish we had trees getting their leaves - but not quite yet. I think a s'mores buffet would get gobbled up well by teenagers! Lol
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a busy weekend you had! The s'mores buffet sounds excellent, I bet that went down well :-)
    Good life hack, I always worry that I've not locked the door when we go on holiday. Have a good week, hope the new regime suits! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!! Yes a s'mores buffet is a fun, easy & interactive way to do dessert with others! Lol

      I thought that life hack was funny too - but I could see it really working. ;)
      Blessings Sweetie xoxo

      Delete
  5. You had a fun and busy weekend for sure Carrie and it sounds like you make good use of your firepit!

    I live Ezra! You just reminded me I have Budapest on my ipod and need to play it right now, so toodle lou for now sweetcheeks:).

    Enjoy your week, and here's hoping you have more warm weather.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HOn! Enjoy your Georgie time - I love him too. ;)
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  6. You had a fun and busy weekend for sure Carrie and it sounds like you make good use of your firepit!

    I live Ezra! You just reminded me I have Budapest on my ipod and need to play it right now, so toodle lou for now sweetcheeks:).

    Enjoy your week, and here's hoping you have more warm weather.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh!
    We finally have spring and I am loving it!
    But I must say...I love a good rainy snuggling in day!
    I hope you and your people like the pierogie bake!
    It is good!!!
    Even better the next day.
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sweetie!

      Glad you're finally getting Spring there too - yay! I think you shot right ahead of us as I saw that you even have some leaves popping out etc. We're still pretty bare here - but slowly getting there. ;)

      I didn't get to make the pierogie bake yet as I forgot it was my "cleanse day" on my new health plan. So it's back on the menu for this week - but know that we'll love it already! Lol

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete