Monday, April 11, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Hello My Friends! 


Happy Monday to you. It was a busy but fun weekend here that included dinner out with friends, home projects, getting out our patio set & grill (yay!), and a nice family dinner, of homemade pizza, with my Mom & in-law's at our house last night.  Looks like another busy week ahead too - so let's jump in. ;)




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Gray and cold today unfortunately - and even a stray snow flurry here & there. In the low 30's. But I'm not going to despair because the forecast ahead looks AMAZING! Yay!!  That's why we took the plunge and got the deck things out this past weekend. Grilling time here I come! After Wednesday we should be seeing temps even in the 60's! Can you tell I'm a little excited? Lol






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Breakfast shake with some banana.






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Gray, windy, blustery. Yuck!!







RIGHT NOW I AM:

Looking at notes for the week ahead. I'm in my office listening to some Joshua Bell violin music on pandora. Ruby was just snuggled at my feet, but decided she wanted to go look out the window for some action now. The garbage and recycling folks will be driving through our part of the neighborhood soon - very exciting if you're a sweet doggie. 







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The house is pretty tidy from cleaning and projects this past weekend. I do have some dishes still piled from last night's dinner to finish up. I also need to throw in the next load of laundry.  I'm loving that I still have my Spring decorations up: bunnies, flowers, eggs - and now soon the outside will reflect this Spring season too! 







ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to do some devotional time. I'm going to get a workout in and finish house chores. I have blog catching up to do - the weekends continue to be busy so I feel I get behind.  Please know, friends, that a new week always brings me more time to come and visit with you! I treasure you wonderful friends that visit me regularly. I feel we're part of a "blogging family" and I love it! Brings me such joy - so thank you!!  I also need to do more work on the school carnival and do some email/computer work. Plus final costume touches to do for a play my daughter will be in a few nights this week. 









CURRENTLY READING:

Susan Branch's new book Martha's Vineyard: Isle of Dreams, just came in the mail on Friday. Can't wait to dig in!! 








ON THE TV TODAY:

A lot of the usual shows. I watched Call the Midwife, but need to watch Grantchester yet. Amazing Race and the Voice catch up. I also have cooking shows taped that I haven't watched yet.  Ready for more Dancing with the Stars tonight. I think it may be Disney night tonight. Yay! 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover homemade pizza, salad


TUESDAY:slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs I didn't make last week


WEDNESDAY: probably easy like breakfast for dinner or sandwiches


THURSDAY: grilling outside! Yay! Thinking burgers, veggie pasta salad, fruit, corn on the cob


FRIDAY: no plan yet







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

nothing new this week - but I'll share the easy salisbury steak I made last week...it was really tasty







TIP OF THE WEEK:

I saw this on lifehack.org and thought it was hilarious & genius all at the same time! If only I'd have thought of this when my kiddos were still crawling. The clean floors I might have had!! Ha!  (Do you think this would fit Ruby?)













FROM THE CAMERA:


The patio set, grill & firepit finally got moved out onto the deck this past weekend! It hit 55* and Ruby & I sat out & enjoyed it. Life is good!




Last grocery trip I couldn't resist more blooms.




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.






26 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Isn't homemade pizza the best!?
    Your patio looks great!!! All ready for Spring. Thursday's grilling plans sound delicious and fun! We just got a new grill and have been using it almost every weekend since!
    I'm so happy for you to get some warmer weather your way soon! :)
    Ha - that baby outfit is hilarious! Talk about multi-tasking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely - and went too fast! ;)

      I'm so ready for Spring and it's coming - yay!! I think you should totally take that baby outfit idea and run with it Doll! You've got one young enough to work with it yet. Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Snow flurries, eeek. I'm hoping we're done with the snow here until next winter now. I love Call The Midwife, it's finished here now, I can't wait for it to come back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Snow is finally fading here and warm temps coming. Yay!! I love Call the Midwife and enjoying this season so well.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  3. We got snow again last night, but today it has rained & washed it all away :) I see your heaps of snow have finally melted too! Wonderful! I like your patio set. I haven't dared to get mine out yet since we've had some hail pummeling things too. Come ON Spring!! I'm a teeny bit tired of bleak days now. Love the kid floor mop! Maybe the same idea on slippers for your kiddos (and pup). Good luck with that ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hope "hailing" season ends soon and you get your set out! ;)

      I think I've actually seen dusting slippers. Folks are so smart with their ideas, aren't they? Lol

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think they make slippers like that! It looks like spring in your area, hooray! I love the flower pics. I finally tossed my Easter flowers and really miss them. Maybe I should treat myself to some new cut flowers for the house. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen slippers like that too Jean! too funny! ;)

      You absolutely should treat yourself to some new blooms! Such a small expense for so much joy.

      Hope you're having a great week so far. xoxo

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful and inspirational post! I too love Joshua Bell and i need to catch up on Grantchester. Not a fan of Call the Midwife, but no judging here. Lol The baby duster is brilliant. I wonder how much dog hair he can pick up before he has to be shaken out. Oh no, maybe not such a great idea. :-)) Looking forward to our warmer weather. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Sidney one heck of a cute Vicar to look at? Lol I think I'd have trouble concentrating in church. Ha!! ;)

      Yep, I promise not to shake out the Baby. Lol Hope warm weather heading that way too neighbor. Won't be long now! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hooray for flowers and spring! The sun shone here after a day of freezing rain yesterday. I love Call the Midwife and need to catch up on my episodes on DVR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hear it for sun... and blooms!! ;)

      Loving Call the Midwife so far this season. Really sweet. Enjoy my Dear! xoxo

      Delete
  7. LOVE those deck pictures - so pretty! LOL I can remember using the umbrella to cover the grill from snow because I was bound and determined to grill!

    That baby duster is adorable. Can you send him over here next? :D Perfect inspiration too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You sound like a griller after my own heart Tamy! Love it!!

      When I find that perfect baby duster I'll send him right over. ;) Thanks Hon! Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Our rubbish plus recycling guys come Monday to us too - Twins I say!
    We also have a bit of wind, thankfully dropping temperatures. Bring on our belated Autumn and your Springtime! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Trish! We're absolutely Twins! Lol Amen to your Autumn and our Spring!! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your deck sure looks inviting, Carrie! Love your table and chairs. The duster baby is too funny! Your Ruby would get along great with mine. My naughty dog, Kai, harassed the neighbors at the gate this morning. I was so embarrassed - he takes his watchdog duties too seriously! Hope you get some sunshine for the grilling this week. It is cool and gray here, too. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're kind of deck soulmates Karen. Yours is so awesome too. ;)

      What would we do without our sweet watch dogs, though, right? The sun is coming soon. Nice warm front going to breeze right on through. I can't wait!! Blessings on your week. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Looks like you have a great week planned. I hope it all works out. I enjoyed visiting. Love the tip. I'm sharing on FB.
    I linked at HHM too. Come over and say hi.
    Many Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for popping by dear Gal! I loved popping over for a visit. Hope the rest of the week is treating you well. ;)

      Blessings.. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Your patio looks so cozy! I love listening to Joshua Bell. It's been a while since I've enjoyed his music. I need to look him up again. I've heard a lot about Granchester. I guess I need to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I think Joshua Bell's music is so pretty and relaxing...especially as background when you need to concentrate on something.

      I'm loving Grantchester. I love period shows (this one takes place in the 50's) - to see the clothes etc. And then this one has fun characters (including a very handsome Vicar) :) And it's all in the English countryside -while solving mysteries. Very fun.
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Your deck looks great, Carrie, we just need some nice weather so you can enjoy it properly! We've had a beautiful day today, sunshine and 13C (mid 50s F), that's good for here! Love your blooms, those pink alstroemeria will last for ages :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! The nicer weather is finally showing up here too! Yay! Sounds like it might even stick around. I've been SO ready (if you can't tell - Lol!!) xoxo

      Delete
  13. I may need to read that book, I would LOVE to vacation on the Vineyard!! I watched the Disney DWTS, it was good, fun to see the costumes and the music. I want Cinderella’s dress!! And I’m not your typical girly-girl, but it was awesome!!

    I wish I could get myself on a workout schedule, it is such a problem for me, ugh!! I am so not the person who gets up just to work out.

    Uh-oh, you’re grilling already!! I have to get my grill out and clean it really good, it’s on my list. ;)

    LOL that life hack. It is hilarious, maybe a little cruel, but yet more genius than anything!! Why didn’t I think of it with the twins!! Lol.

    I look forward to seeing pics from your fire pit!! I love the quote…I got some weeding to do, LOL. Enjoy your weekend, my blogging sister!! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love her CareBear! I have a link to her blog on my sidebar if you want to check her out. I love her artwork and all of her other books too!!

      I loved the Disney week - always so good!! I loved Ginger Zee (sp?) as Belle too - she was perfect. And I loved the Lion King one too! But isn't Nyle amazing?? I can't believe he's never heard music and he has more rhythm than several on the show. Lol

      Yes - it's grill time Lady! Get out & enjoy!

      Sometimes evil genius is a good thing, right? ;) Yes -TWINS...you'd have had it made around there Girlie!! Ha!

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend too my sweet kindred spirit blogging Babe. xoxo

      Delete