Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


happyhomemakermonday


Hello Friends! Sorry I'm later today. My son had an appointment this AM and then as long as I was out in the miserable weather already - I did some running around I needed to do.  Since I'm running late I'll just get to HHM for today! Happy Monday :)   




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Cold, very windy, rainy - just yuck! I think temps might even be only upper 30's. We're on our 2nd day of this and it can feel free to leave any time now please!!  I think there's a promise of better weather by later in the week. Sure hope so! 







ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Lemon isagenix bar and 1/2 cup of coffee.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm watching the wind blow the trees all over the place! When I was out running around I noticed several broken branches here and there on the streets in the neighborhood - that wind is so strong! And at times when I look out at the bay I can see sheets of rain blowing sideways over the water. Yuck and bbbrrrr!! So happy to be snuggled back home indoors.








RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm going through some paperwork in my office and working on this post. Listening to ABBA today on Pandora to help wake me up a bit.  And when Dancing Queen came on dancing may have broken out for a bit.  Maybe. I blame Ruby - she's a wild Girl!  ;) 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I need to get work. Need to do some picking up from what kiddos have left here and there before leaving today.  A few dishes to load and dryer is beeping at me that it's done so next load needs to go in.








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Cleaning up, go through some more paperwork things, laundry, change my kiddos' sheets that didn't get done this weekend. Also, this weekend I realized how many more clothes that my daughter has outgrown.  We need to go through her things and figure out what she needs to donate and get her dresser drawers reorganized. Sounds like a good after school project to me!









CURRENTLY READING:

Just finished Susan Branch's new book Martha's Vineyard: Isle of Dreams and it was so good! Not sure what book I'm going to jump into next. My daughter and I have been reading The Indian in the Cupboard out loud together at night before her bedtime. She's just loving it! I read it to my little brother when he was young, and then I read it with my son many years ago, and now with my daughter. Such a great book!








ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched Outlander this weekend.  I also watched Grantchester and Call the Midwife. I need to catch up on The Good Wife and The Amazing Race. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftovers from the weekend (I brought the in-law's dinner last night including the yummy caramel apple tart!)


TUESDAY: something easy as I have wallyball


WEDNESDAY: pierogie casserole I didn't get a chance to make last week


THURSDAY: something on the grill - not sure yet what


FRIDAY:Maybe out for dinner?

** might bake another new dessert to try this week







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Continue to work on my gift baby album for my cousin. I need to work on my recipe projects too. Also, want to start back to work on the heritage album I'm doing for my Mom's side of the family as there's a family reunion planned this summer and I'd love to bring it to share - even if it's only partially done.  (yep, these same crafts in the works - nothing new)






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure yet, may bake a new dessert.







TIP OF THE WEEK:

I'm still loving 1000lifehacks.com for great ideas!







FROM THE CAMERA:

Ruby and I watched the rain clouds roll in the other day.




caramel apple tart = yummy




Between the rain and wind - the bay has really been churned up and now has turned brown.



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


10 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, my friend!
    What is that weather all about?
    We are finally having some spring here...and the kids are loving it! We have been going out before school because I hate to be out in the hot sun...
    I hope your week is as lovely as you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - our Spring left us. Lol However, it's looking up. Still chilly, but looks like mild sunny days are ahead this weekend and next week (fingers crossed).
      So happy you're enjoying lovely days!! Nothing like starting out the day out in the sunshine. Hope you're having a great week too sweet Billie Jo! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oooo that caramel apple tart looks sooo yummy!!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much my sweet Jill! ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your weather really took a turn for the worst :(. Hang in there! In a few weeks it will STAY warm for a while at least.

    Ruby looks like such a contemplative soul. Love!! (I don't know how to make a 'heart' emoticon or I would).

    Great tip about the glass. That stuff always seems to pop up even when you do a great job of cleaning up.

    Here's to wishing good weather comes your way soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's finally looking like sunnier warmer days are ahead! Let's hope they're right. ;0

      Ruby is a wise old soul I think. She looks right into your soul when she looks at you. She is my sweet Girl for life! I think a sideways heart is like this: <3 (just fyi) Lol

      Hope you're having wonderful weather and a great week dear Gal!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So sorry winter is making a last hurrah in your area! I know you were super ready for spring. I do remember having to dig out one early May to leave for a trip to the west coast.

    Good for you that Dancing Girl gets you. Dancing is good for the soul, but LOL go ahead and blame Ruby :D

    Ironic tip about the glass - thank you so much. I broke a jar of jam in the pantry earlier and this really helped.

    Thanks for the tip on the new book. I'm about to finish one and needed a new one.

    Hope your weather changes soon and you have a SUPER week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I complain every year about our darn weather. Yet I know where I live having been here my whole life! So I should know better. WE have even had snow in JUNE For goodness sakes. So we're really ahead of the curve and I should be grateful. However, I am going to be a snowbird when my hubby retires one day! Lol

      So happy that the tip helped (sorry about the jar) ;)

      I LOVE those 3 Susan Branch books. So fun!! Quick easy read and great recipes!! I think you'd love them.

      Hope you're having a good week Sweetie. xoxo

      Delete