Friday, July 3, 2015

Five on Friday: July 4th inspiration

Happy Friday to All and Happy Independence Day weekend to all of my friends in the states! 


I've been very busy this A.M. making lots of goodies and getting things together to head out to the fun party at my brother and sister-in-law's house soon. But I thought I would do a quick 5 on Friday, with a little more pinterest help, for some July 4th inspiration.


One
Fireworks Craft for Kids Using Straws - Creative 4th of July craft #MemorialDay #patriotic

The Cutest 4th of July Handprint/Footprint Crafts for Kids to make! | CraftyMorning.com

Awesome 4th of July activity for kids!! Star Spangled Slime.

Here are several fun looking ideas for crafts you can do with kiddos to get into the Independence Day spirit. You can click here for the link to my "kiddo ideas" board.


TWO
Super easy 4th of July Mason Jar Candles. Made out of dyed rice. Your kids will LOVE making these!

DIY patriotic centerpiece - could spray paint rice or beans to add more pop

How cute would these be at your 4th of July parties next weekend?

There are also many fun ideas for crafts relating to July 4th table decor on my "crafts" board.


THREE
Strawberry Mango Salsa | Over the Big Moon

Bacon, Cream Cheese, Jalapeno and Crescent rolls


Most addicting munchie mix ever!

And of course there are many wonderful appetizer ideas.  Including this strawberry mango salsa, jalapeno popper crescents, and my sweet & salty snack mix.


FOUR
This Hot S'Mores Dip is a favorite! Ooey gooey chocolate & marshmallows takes about 5 minutes to prep and broil! Great as a quick dessert or snack!

Pretzel S'mores Bites from SixSistersStuff.com

S'mores Rice Krispie Treats

And just about anything s'mores is perfect for this holiday weekend. Like this s'mores hot dip, s'mores pretzel bites and this s'mores rice krispies roll up. I have many of these recipes on my "sweet treats" board.


FIVE
Patriotic Strawberry Lemon Bites


Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are perfect for Labor Day Parties. You can go wrong with this fresh and light dessert

Great July 4th dessert!

And also on my "sweet treats" board can be found several red, white & blue related desserts including these: strawberry lemon bites, cheesecake stuffed strawberries, and my blueberry bars recipe.


I'm linking with Amy from Love Made my Home for Five on Friday.


32 comments:

  1. Some great ideas, I love the look of the strawberry mango salsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I make a peach salsa that's really good too - but how can you go wrong with strawberries and mango? ;) xo

      Delete
  2. You found some great ideas!! Thanks for sharing them here! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Terri! HOpe your weekend was fun and wonderful! xo

      Delete
  3. That's a whole lot of inspiration. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy - gotta love pinterest. So fun! ;) xo

      Delete
  4. Oh I love all the Ball jar ideas. The strawberries with the blueberries on top look so good!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they look so cute Margot - and truly easy too! Such a fun time of year with goodies.
      hope your weekend was wonderful! xo

      Delete
  5. Happy Independence Day to you as well! Great post! Lots of cool ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much Marie - hope you had a wonderful weekend!! xo

      Delete
  6. Ooooh!!! What a fun post! My favorite is the painted mason jar 'flag.' Thanks for all the fun ideas! Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How adorable would that be as a centerpiece on the table?? Such fun stuff out there for inspiration. ;)
      Hope you all had a lovely weekend my Dear! xo

      Delete
  7. Oh my word! I'm on overload after looking at all this cute and yummy stuff. I need to peruse your boards for awhile.
    PS - I made your twix bars today. I'm taking them along tomorrow, but Bob and I sampled them. He says they taste like more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is such fun stuff out there this time of year, isn't there?

      Those twix bars were the big hit at the party here! Hope your crew all loved them too (glad Bob did). ;)

      Hope you had such a fun weekend! xo

      Delete
  8. What a fun and interesting post. Very apt too. My daughter flew into Washington yesterday just in time for the celebrations. Wonder what she will see and eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Selma - hope she had a great trip and had more than her share of wonderful goodies too!!
      Blessings to you my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Oh, such great ideas - thanks for sharing! Love the different s'more recipes and the strawberries bites! Cute canning jar ideas and crafts, too! Hope you have a great 4th, Carrie! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Karen. S'more's anything is heaven to me!! ;)
      HOpe your weekend was wonderful too Dear Lady! xo

      Delete
  10. Oh gosh I'm so hungry now!!!! My favourite has to be the s'mores dip, I could dive right in :)
    Happy 4th of July Carrie, have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - truly delightful looking stuff isn't it Jill??
      I haven't made the s'mores dip before but had something like it at a restaurant in the past and I think it was the most scrumptious dessert I've ever had. Yum!!
      Hope you had a lovely weekend dear Friend. xo

      Delete
  11. Wow! so many good ideas! Happy 4th July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun inspiration out there - hope you had a wonderful weekend! xo

      Delete
  12. Everything looks yummy! have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Linda - hope you had a great weekend too! xo

      Delete
  13. Those desserts look amazing. The smore's dip has caught my eye. Yum! And the craft ideas are fun. Happy 4th july, have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx - it was such a fun weekend. HOpe yours was too!! I ate more than my share of great goodies! Lol ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. Brilliant idea! Pinterest is so good for that, isn't it? I darent show my kids the s'mores dip, they would never stop asking for that! Have a super time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison - such great ideas out there! That s'mores dip would be my downfall too. So yummy!!
      Hope you had a wonderful weekend too! xo

      Delete
  15. Love all the red, white, and blue! The s'mores dip looks fabulous! Have a Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun weekend and went way too fast! Hope yours was too! xoxo

      Delete
  16. These all look wonderful but especially that s'mores dip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Cecilia - doesn't it look beyond naughty yummy!?!? Lol
      hOpe you had a wonderful and fun-filled weekend! xo

      Delete