Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fun Title/Cover Pages

When I start a new scrapbook I always begin with a title or cover page. I keep track of the order of my albums by labeling them by volumes on this page. I have several "series" of albums. I have family albums, vacation and travel albums, and the kiddos' school years albums. I will probably only end up with maybe 2 albums each for the kiddos' school years. But I'm on volume 7 in my family albums and I've done 3 vacation albums so far! 


Here's a few photos of some of my cover/title pages from some of my albums I had handy:



soft natural look with pretty floral backdrop paper & neat "coil" sun



pretty sunflower back drop paper with big yellow heart cut out and matching sunflower die cut tag





gardening summery 4x6 cards with tree stickers



current family album - used one background paper then cut out heart from different top paper & used family stickers

The pages above are all from different books out of my family album series of scrapbooks.




This is the cover page from one of my travel/vacation albums and gives an idea of how I did the title pages for that series. This one has a vacation saying kind of back drop paper and then I used gold foil letter stickers and  a camera die cut.





This is the title page in Annie's school years album. I tore some pink paper for the title stickers and used some school stickers that "move" when you move the page - so the scissors below "move" forward visually when you tilt the page.  Also the "way to" sticker at the top says "go" once you tilt the page. And I used a long kids holding hands sticker for the bottom of the page.


I like to do a page like this at the start of the album because there's only one page when you first open the scrapbook - and I like 2 pages for most of my full layouts. So this is a nice solution for dealing with that first single page, plus it helps me keep track of the number of albums. 

**Addendum: part of what I had written to end this post, I must have accidentally deleted. But I wanted to end by saying that these cover pages also serve as a sweet or pretty or fun way to begin the entrance into the precious pages that are to come in that album. It sets the "tone" so to speak for the wonderful pages of memories to be poured over and hopefully treasured. 



10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I don't do this but I should!!! They're all so lovely, too! I had to chuckle seeing that red paper with yellow flowers: it's from Daisy D, one of my all-time favourite suppliers...I still have two sheets of that paper that I haven't used (I saw them last night!) because they're "too nice"....I think they're from 2004!!!!!!You've definitely spurred me on to *use* them and to make title pages for our albums....THANK YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That album might have been worked on almost that long ago Helen! Lol I love that you have the same paper!! I'm so happy to inspire my Dear. Wish you were close and we could scrap together. ;)

      blessings dear Friend xoxo

      Delete
  2. A great idea in so many ways!!! I am sure that your scrapbooks already are real family treasures and will only get more treasured as the years go by and the generations ahead look at them too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaww - so sweet. Thanks Amy. I hope they'll be treasured by generations to come. That is a thought isn't it? ;)
      blessings xo

      Delete
  3. You are so creative! The pages are perfect and I can only imagine how great the photo pages are inside. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! You're such a sweetheart! It's definitely my favorite craft and hobby!! xoxo
      Blessings to you.

      Delete
  4. What a nice idea for storing family memories. Family heirlooms everyone will enjoy for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I hope it will be appreciated many years from now. I enjoy doing it anyway - but I also do it mainly for my kiddos. xo

      Delete
  5. You are very creative! I am sure each one will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari!! You're such a Honey to say so. I hope they will. ;)
      xo

      Delete