Thursday, July 16, 2015

Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Red Potatoes

Several nights ago I made a really easy rosemary chicken and red potatoes. It was so good and really easy because I cooked it all together on a foil lined rimmed cookie sheet pan - so extra easy for clean up. But I completely forgot to take photos. I did find this stock photo that is sort of similar to how it looked:


However, I used skinless boneless chicken breasts. I took about 6 of them (I'd say you could use 6-8 of them) and cut them in half. Then I took about 2 pounds of red potatoes and scrubbed them well and quartered them. 


Then in a large bowl I put some of my yummy lemon olive oil and added some herbs and seasonings, and threw the chicken pieces and potatoes in there too and tossed it all together. Then I poured it all out onto the cookie sheet and baked it at 425* for about 35-40 minutes. May need longer depending on your oven and on how thick you make your chicken pieces.

Here's the recipe I have saved in my computer from a while back so I don't remember where I copied it from so unfortunately I can't reference that. 


Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes 

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon rosemary

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut in half2 pounds redskin potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes

 Mix oil with seasonings in large bowl.  Add chicken and potatoes and toss to coat.Arrange in single layer on foil lined 15x10x1 baking pan.Roast in preheated 425 degree oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning potatoes occasionally.



I also used some fresh parsley from my herb pot. I used dried rosemary as that is what I had on hand - but I bet it'd be really yummy with fresh. I also think if you don't have lemon olive oil I'd add a little fresh lemon juice as that lemon flavor is so nice with these herbs. The chicken was still nice and moist and the potatoes were cooked perfectly with that little bit of crispy to them.

Again, I loved this as other than the mixing bowl, it was all in one pan and easy clean up. It was full of flavor and I added some green beans and fresh bread sticks and it was a great dinner! 

16 comments:

  1. That really sounds good. Bet is would work in the crock-pot too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would too Terri! Can't go wrong with that combination of flavors. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious!!! I like Rosemary and the lemon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot - they are pretty perfect together aren't they? xo

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - hope you had a lovely weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. I can almost smell it cooking, Carrie! Your family is very lucky.....I think I will try this soon - I like that it is so easy and I have some rosemary growing, too! Yum! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I bet fresh rosemary would make it extra delicious too! ;) xo

      Delete
  5. I love easy, flavorful and yummy all in the same pan! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Tamy! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful inspiration Lady! xo

      Delete
  6. Delicious!! I love these sort of meals where you can put everything together. I hope that all is going well for you. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Thanks for kind thoughts sweet Amy my Dear! I hope all is well in your world too. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Carrie, this sounds wonderful! I'm going to make it as soon as I can stand to run the oven (it is sooo hot!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jean! ;) I don't know what I'd do without our a/c. I try to do a lot of cooking on the grill outdoors in the summer and keep the oven to a minimum. The slow cooker also becomes my best friend.
      xo

      Delete
  8. This looks delicious, Carrie, I love dishes where you just throw everything together too. BTW I tried those ham and cheese roll ups that you wrote about recently, they were a BIG hit with my guests!! Will definitely be making them again :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those easy kinds of dishes are the best, aren't they? And we've been loving those roll-ups too and have made them several times this summer! ;) xo

      Delete