Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tamy's Ham & Cheese Roll-ups

I just had to share these wonderful scrummy roll-ups that I made last weekend for a quick lunch. It's a recipe that I got from my blogging friend Tamy at  Savory Kitchen Table blog. She has such wonderful recipes and I always love to see what she's going to share next. She recently shared a decadent looking carbonara baked pasta that looks amazing that I may have to try soon too! But on to the roll-ups!



Not only were these easy and DELICIOUS - they could also be really versatile.  We had them for a quick weekend lunch along with a salad. They would also make a nice light dinner, or a great appetizer with some dips (football season!), even a fun item for a brunch! I could see a basket of these next to scrambled eggs, fruit and a mimosa! Hello yummy time! I also think this recipe would be easy to adapt to different fillings - like fill with pepperoni and mozzarella and have marina on the side. It would be fun to be creative!




The best part of all is that they were nice and easy! Take pillsbury pizza dough (I think Tamy used thin I had traditional so I used that). Top with deli ham and cheese. You could use shredded cheese but I had thin slices of cheddar on hand so I just broke them up a bit for quick melting. Then roll up and put seam side down and cut into slices.



Brush with a little beaten egg and sprinkle with some sea salt and bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes.


When they come out brush with some melted butter and sprinkle with a little more sea salt. We had ours with honey mustard on the side. Tamy had hers with her recipe for creamy 3 cheese dipping sauce and here's the link for her full recipe of both.  They were a hit in my family  - go make them soon for yours! 





14 comments:

  1. These do look yummy, and I think I just might whip up a batch for my hungry nephews! These boys are non-stop hungry and I'm just not used to preparing so many snacks ... thanks for sharing the recipe :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they'll love them Wendy! They were a hit over here. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic. After reading it, it sounds like they're not nearly as difficult to make as they look! Always a plus. :-)) Have a wonderful Wisconsin sunny afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very easy Judy! And they were really yummy. ;)
      Happy weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. Yum! They look good and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy and easy are always what I'm looking for Mari! Can't go wrong. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. They look really tasty. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! They were quite yummy ;)
      xo

      Delete
  6. Mmmm...they do look delicious. I was helping at a friend's brother's graduation this spring and they had some dishes that this reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good Bethany and they'd be perfect party food! ;)

      Delete
  7. I have to try these, they look so yummy!! Tamy has such good recipes on her blog. These can be very versatile, I like the breakfast idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Carrie - Tamy does have a lot of yummy recipes and these were so good for being so easy. ;)

      Delete
  8. Yummy time indeed! I'll have a house-full at the weekend, they look a great idea for lunch :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be a perfect warm yummy lunch "sandwich" for a crew Alison! ;)
      xo

      Delete