Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Here we are already at another Monday! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I had another busy one with relatives in town visiting. An Aunt and some cousins and we had such fun!! A family reunion is coming up next - so life is BUSY!! Trying to cram everything in during our fast short summer. I was able to come visit some of you over the weekend but I know I'm behind to visit everyone yet. I should have more time tomorrow to finish catching up.


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's WARM! It's been warm here lately - in the 80's and 90's most days! Today is supposed to hit 88* I think. Whew! We consider it hot - especially since our heat is pretty muggy and humid. It looks like it will rain tomorrow but then be in the 80's the whole rest of the week! Getting in that summer weather for sure!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

English muffin with pb & j, slice apple and iced coffee was on our menu this AM.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Lots of sunshine and blue skies!! I've needed to give my flowers lots of water with all this heat and no rain lately.  


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Enjoying the air conditioning! It's been a busy morning and that's why I'm late to get this post up. I had a work fellow here measuring for some new doors this AM.  I made some of my sugared pecans for Annie's piano teacher so she can bring them to him today. It was his birthday and he always requests them! Lol  I was outside earlier watering the flowers and visiting with my MIL while I clipped her toenails for her. She really needed it and it's so sad to me that she has no concept of any of that anymore. She use to be a nurse's aide in a nursing home and helped care for folks like herself and now she's come full circle. Annie has been running around with one of her friends - I'm going to make lunch soon. The teenager stayed over at a friend's cabin for a couple of nights so he's not home yet.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I also finished some laundry and loaded the dishes! Like a said....it's been a busy morning!!


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

We're going to run some errands in a bit. I need some things for the house and we may even grab a few things off of the school list for Annie! They already have the list out for her supplies needed. Tick tock...school is right around the corner!! 



CURRENTLY READING:

I have such piles stacked up waiting for me - books, magazines, even our local paper to catch up on!! Too busy with company I guess, but hope to catch up a bit this week. 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I don't think I have too much taped. I think we have a deadliest catch from last week (hubby likes that one) and we already caught up on America's Got Talent. 


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I realized the roast I bought needed to get cooked up yesterday so I threw it in the slow cooker late in the afternoon and let it cook until late last night. So I have pot roast all ready to go (with potatoes & carrots cooked with it too). I'll bring it for  the in-law's for tonight along with a gravy on side and some blueberry muffins. I'm thinking I may make them some BBQ meatballs with sides a different night this week if I get time. I also need to get some items to make a few things for our family reunion trip this weekend. Some kind of dessert along with gluten free 7 layer bars - as I have an Aunt that can't eat gluten.  I'll share the frozen banana split dessert recipe later this week! 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I was terrible all last week - didn't even color! Lol Again busy either getting ready for relatives or hanging out with relatives.  



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new in mind for this week, but may add something to the grocery list so stay tuned!  


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I'm blank for this for this week. 


FROM THE CAMERA:

Some fun photos from our relative visit. We live in Wisconsin but if we cross a bridge, not far from our home, right over Lake Superior - we're in Minnesota and they have a beautiful area there with a canal and lift bridge. Big ships come through  to get filled up at big grain elevators and carry their shipments along the great lakes.  We went to lunch over there and we were able to catch a big ship come through and the kids thought it was great!


by the bottom of the big lift bridge


cousins!



big ship coming through!


yummy lunch with onion rings almost as big as your head!


On our pontoon ride my cousin took this photo of our daughters (who look eerily alike - Lol) in the back of the boat and caught Ruby in the foreground. We thought it was so funny and looks like Ruby is driving the boat!


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

25 comments:

  1. Happy Monday!
    You are such a selfless person, always doing for others.
    But I can tell...doing out of love. : )
    Hope you have a wonderful week, and stay cool.
    It is finally HOT here in Pennsylvania! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. So sweet and makes me tear up.

      Hope you have a wonderful week too and enjoy some warm weather!! Break out that sprinkler. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love that quote, Carrie and love the photos of your fun family visit! Summer does go by fast, doesn't it, but it looks like you are making the most of every day! Onion rings are one of my favorite treats and those look so yummy! I used to clip my Dad's nails, too :) It's sad to see them slowly slipping away from reality. You are a sweetie pie. Hope you get some quiet time this week, but I know that is next to impossible....Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen!! I always feel comforted by knowing someone like relates to what I go through with my MIL and that I'm not alone. ;)

      Yes, quiet time is not an option these days. Lol But soon. Happy week ahead to you my Dear. xo

      Delete
  3. Stopping by via Sandra's blog. Oh, sugared pecans sound heavenly! Seems like you are busy, busy, busy -- hoping you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! These are some crazy summer days, but I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)
      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  4. Great quote!
    I wish I could meet Ruby! I think I would love her! :)
    I never thought to do pot roast in the slow cooker! I'm absolutely going to try that! Maybe even this week..!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just know you WOULD love Ruby so dear Laura!! She is an absolute sweetheart...just a white fluffball of pure love!! ;)

      The slow cooker roast is good too! I just brown it first with some olive oil and butter and throw it in with some chopped potatoes, carrots, celery, onion or garlic or both, water and some ranch seasoning mix. Then I often do a beef gravy on the side if it's wanted. Yum and easy and not hot for the kitchen in the summer! Happy week!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Sweet photos! Looks like Ruby is a great tour guide! lol I have got to get up to the big lake this summer. it is always a highlight of the summer to go to Canal Park and watch the ships come in. Love it! Nice warm day today, isn't it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! That photo of Ruby will go down as a classic. ;)

      Isn't Canal park just a magical little place! So fun in the summer (although busy - nice to go on week day) and we were so lucky to hit the timing just right for the ship coming through. Lived in this area my whole life and I still find it all so fun and beautiful! Hope you do get there.
      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a great weekend with your relatives. I am sure that your family so appreciate all that you do for your MIL and I am sure that if she were able to express that your MIL would say that too. You are a great person for all that you do for her. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy - those kind words mean more than you know. I do know she (and my FIL) appreciate it and I'm blessed to be able to help.

      Blessings for a beautiful week ahead my Dear! xo

      Delete
  7. Those onion rings look AMAZING! I want some! :)

    Time spent with family is always to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best at the restaurant we went too Terri - you'd love them! Not greasy at all!! ;)
      Happy week to you and your treasured family. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! Ruby is ADORABLE!

    I always do pot roast in a crock pot. Definitely makes things easier when it's hot out.

    Life sounds busy, but good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen - Ruby is a doll through and through! ;)

      Life is crazy busy but very good. HOpe you can say the same there too!! Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Stopped by from HHM. Can't believe it's time to buy those school supplies already. Staples is where we are headed this week for some of their deals, and then it's watching the paper the next few weeks for sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Where did this summer go??!!?? So far we've got the new backpack and lunch box down for my youngest - but we still have everything else left to get - hello August shopping! ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love that quote! Summer does seem fast and short doesn't it? I'm not quite ready for it to end or perhaps I should say for school to start again. I need to go today or tomorrow and finish enrolling my kids in school (we have to show proof of residence every year) and then, also get school supplies. Hope you have a wonderful week enjoying a bit more of the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like it's screaming on by Jean!! Crazy fast summer - but starting to think our school supplies too. Coming up on the list for August. ::sigh:: It's bittersweet as I look forward to more peace and quiet, but then I'll miss my kiddos for the sake of the peace and quiet.
      Happy week to you and hope you're all packing in the fun too! xo

      Delete
  11. I love that quote and I think it describes you well. Also, I appreciate how you care for your MIL and help her keep her dignity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mari!! That means so much and I'm grateful and feel blessed to do it.
      Happy week to you! xoxo

      Delete
  12. Glad you had such a great family visit! Looks like so much fun. Such a wonderful quote! I'm sorry I missed HHM this week, but catching up from my brother's wedding took so much longer than I thought it would. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed HHM this week, the bathroom remodel is finished, so I was trying to get everything organized again…but then we found the new sink and toilet leaking a little bit…UGH!! That got taken care of today. Hope to back at it next week.

    :D I love that last pic!! So adorable!! Is that a Capri Sun juice pouch next to Ruby? That would make her drinking AND driving, lol. Glad you had such a fun time, it’s so nice to visit with family.

    Hope you have a great week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a wonderful feeling to have that job done! It's never easy, is it? Seems something always pops up to be a pain in the butt!! Glad you got it fixed though.

      Haha! I giggled out loud thinking of Ruby drinking and driving. I love how you think Girlie. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete