Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Toile and Floral Greeting Cards

Hello and hope you're enjoying a lovely summer day wherever you are in the world! It's a beautiful day in the 70's here with sun shining and pure blue skies! Kiddos are playing outside with their friends. A true summer day.

But we've had our share of some rainy days and on those days I like to color in my mandala coloring book or do some scrapbooking or other paper craft. I thought I would share a little from my paper crafting world today and show you a couple of cards I completed recently. I enjoy using some pre-existing blank cards that I have as a back drop and embellishing them a bit. 


The first card I did with a toile back drop. I love the colors and how it feels summery to me. I embellished with an oval that I then filled with textured woven letter stickers to say "Hi" and some vintage feeling flowers I glued on.



Then a hand written sentiment inside helps get the message through. I love sending cards in the mail and hope it's not a dying "art" in this technological age. I'll add my own written update in the card and then send it to a relative or friend I haven't talked to in a while. I think it makes someone feel extra special to send something hand made and hand written. 




The other card I did has more of a floral theme to it. As you can see, I was going for a romantic vintage feel with both of these. I embellished this floral back drop with a textured paper and a circle of the "sky' with a bird and flower sticker. I drew a few swoops to add movement for the bird flying by the flower.



A sweet note to write and send to a long lost loved one and let them know how much I'm missing them.



Such a truly simple way to add a little extra TLC into an envelope and send some love across the miles to someone special. 




13 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend a summer day. Both cards are pretty, but I especially love that bird card.. A lovely thing to have on hand for that special message of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy - they're a joy to make....and to give. ;)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I think anyone would be thrilled to get a card like that in the mail. You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thx so much Mari! Labor of love. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a gorgeous day! I love having the windows open in the summer and hearing all the kids playing outside.
    Both of those cards are so beautiful! My sister always makes her own cards, regardless of the occasion. I know I look forward to receiving them and leave them out on my hutch for months because they are just so pretty. I am sure your recipients will treasure theirs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to the kiddos play too Laura.
      Your sis sounds like someone after my own heart. ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a great way to spend a summer afternoon. I Love these cards, especially the first one. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Tamy. I just see where the card takes me...love getting creative juices flowing. ;)
      xo

      Delete
  5. I really like the birdie card…I love to write letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Margot! It's sad how technology keeps taking over these lovely lost art forms. Keep writing my dear....
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. These are lovely Carrie ~ It is a rare treat to receive handwritten cards but I always enjoy them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cecilia! I agree - there's just such sweet sentiment behind something hand written (& homemade!) ;)
      xo

      Delete
  7. There's so much passion and love in everything you do Carrie, I can only begin to imagine how receiving these cards would make the lucky recipient smile.

    Sadly, sending cards IS a dying art, but for certain your children will carry on the tradition having seen the pleasure it brings their mom.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete