Monday, July 13, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Hello, happy Monday and hope you had a wonderful weekend! It was a nice relaxing one here. We're going to have a lot of busy weekends coming up - packing in sports tourneys, family reunions, and house projects...so it was nice to have one of those agenda free weekends. We had one night we went out as a family and went for a nice dinner. We then went golfing out at a course in a little town out in the country from where we live. After golf we got some ice cream and then went down to a little beach for the sunset. One of those perfect summer evenings. My extraction site from my tooth is finally feeling better too. Thanks for all the kind support and prayers too! So I am feeling refreshed and ready to start a new week.


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Warm and muggy. I swear, we've been on a trend here where it rains every Monday! It has not been helpful for golf league as Monday's are the nights we're supposed to golf. It's kind of overcast and cloudy right now. Sun peeks out at moments. It stormed and poured like crazy late last night so everything is all wet.  Power even still out in many areas around us. Thankfully we're good! We're supposed to have potential for another storm to maybe pass through again today (sigh). Fingers crossed for dry weather tonight!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Some toast, coffee and cantaloupe with my MIL this AM.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Watching it get cloudier and cloudier (maybe not a real word? Lol). It truly was lovely all weekend so my flowers and lawn look great! My little veggie trug garden has been growing really well. My sugar snap peas are taking over!! We've eaten many already and more just keep coming. We've also harvested and eaten our lettuce and another one starting to grow already. No peppers yet and cucumber not looking too great but we'll see. I think I may have talked the hubby into letting me have a larger true garden next year!! My trug is adorable but just too little. I'm totally bitten by the gardening bug and I want to do MORE!!! I'm now dreaming on some berry plants too!!


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Doing our usual Monday routine. Watching morning news with my MIL and visiting. Ruby loves to just sprawl out on her lap - she can never get enough "Grandma" love! My MIL loves it too. Annie is playing a game on the ipad and the teenager is sleeping in as usual. Lol 


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

A little clutter here and there to clean up. I'm still addicted to my adult coloring books (mandalas and nature/flower one) and I've left them out and my colored pencils in the dining room. I just love taking a spare moment here and there to relax and color! I highly recommend it if you're looking for some relaxation therapy. Put on some soothing music and color away. 


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

We need to bring back the library books. We're also going to run some errands and go out and grab some lunch. So we'll go out and about for a while and if it rains later when we come back here and do some crafts....maybe even some COLORING! Lol



CURRENTLY READING:

Catching up on magazines before the new month ones show up soon. 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I have some movies taped to watch yet. I'm looking forward to the Cedar Cove series on hallmark starting up again this weekend! Love that show - based on the Debbie Macomber books.  


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I made some yummy rosemary chicken and red potatoes last night for us and the in-law's too.  I also made these banana split cookies and love them! It's golf night tonight (if weather cooperates) so won't be making something officially tonight. I think tomorrow I'm going to do sweet and sour meatballs in the slow cooker with rice and egg rolls. Need to get groceries by later this week and make a plan yet for that. I have a best friend I grew up with visiting from California and I will be planning time with her so need to be flexible. I'm so excited to have her home for a while and get some time with her and her family!!



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I've been a slacker in this department! I've been doing too much coloring. Lol  I love to put on the Outlander podcasts (missing that show) in my headphones and color away each night. 



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new in mind for this week, but may add something to the grocery list so stay tuned!


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I thought I would share Annie's DIY tip. She made a speaker for her iphone out of a paper towel roll and some plastic cups. It actually works quite well too. 

 



FROM THE CAMERA:


Ice cream and beach time after golf this weekend. Kiddos were just going to wade in the water a bit as we didn't bring swimsuits, but then this happened.... (see video below).



Yep, they both jumped in - one out at the raft and the other swimming in the shallow


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


seems appropriate for today

I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

22 comments:

  1. I love the From My Camera photos! Ah, that refreshing cold lake water! Beautiful. Your post is full of wonderful summertime day mental snapshots. I just came in from picking yet another crop of sugar pod peas. I've frozen some but need to find a recipe for a good salad that uses lots of them. :-) They're so much better fresh than they are after they've been frozen. Hope the rest of your day is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're loving these summer days Judy! I've been bitten by the gardening bug now too. I only have my tiny veggie trug and my first dip into the gardening pool this summer, and I'm already making plans for my hubby to build me up a bed for more of a true garden next year!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday!!!!
    Your days sound lovely, and your meals too!!!
    The meatballs sound good! Tell me more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billie Jo!
      If you click on my recipe link above you'll find the sweet and sour meatballs in there. They're nice and easy as the slow cooker does the work all day, but their flavor is delish!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love your homemaker Monday posts Carrie, I might join in next week if that's ok ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Jill - the more the merrier!! My friend Sandra started them and I know she'd love more to link up. ;) They are a nice way to start the week and get thoughts all organized.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your days do sound very similar to mine! LOL :-) Thank you for the kind words on my blog, I really appreciate it. My mom brought some coloring books for adults out when she came to visit and we have been working on them. I always did enjoy art and coloring can be so relaxing. I think it's great the kids jumped right in and enjoyed the water! We love snap peas and I also enjoy Debbie McComber's books, didn't know there was a show for Cedar Cove! I will have to check that out. Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These summer days are flying by so fast - but loving every minute....and sounds like you are too!
      The Cedar Cove series will be starting its 3rd season and it's such a fun show. It starts this Saturday on Hallmark if you want to check it out! xo

      Delete
  5. Great photos and the video only showed what I expected! Who could resist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Exactly Terri!! If I had on a bathing suit I might have joined them. Jumping in fully clothed wouldn't work for me at this age. ;) Lol
      xo

      Delete
  6. The rain made it here this morning - and boy did it rain!
    Love Annie's invention. She's creative and smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hope all that rain will get those flowers growing even more beautifully!
      I think Annie saw the idea on youtube so she can't get full credit - but she did execute it beautifully! Lol ;)
      xo

      Delete
  7. Oh, I would be jumping in with them! I love snap peas - I need to grow some next summer. The Cedar Cove series sounds like something I would like. Hope your busy week is sweet. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think over here raw sugar snap peas are the favorite summer veggie!
      The Cedar Cove series will be starting it's 3rd season. Such a fun show - gorgeous scenery (takes place in pacific northwest - does that sound familiar? Lol) and I love the characters and their homes etc. Great summer show and maybe there's a way to catch up on prior seasons online?
      Happy week my Dear Karen! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Banana Split Cookies!! Been thinking about those…soo yummy!! Sounds like you’re having a nice relaxing summer, so glad your tooth is feeling better. We’ve been getting a lot of rain too, had some bad storms Monday night and lost power, so we pulled out the Boggle game and played using our lantern.

    Have a great week girlfriend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain dear Carrie - it's been a lovely summer so far. And we've overall had really nice weather too. And tooth is much better and hopefully we'll be on to final stages with it. So thankful for blessings!
      Now you're my kind of Gal - pull out the lantern and get the games going. Love it!! Sometimes it's just good to unplug and we should have "storms" more often. Hope you are getting drying out, though, and getting lovely days too! Happy week to you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Cloudier is definitely a real word! And used here frequently... A meal out and golf sounds great fun, we love mini golf or crazy golf as its called here. I'm glad the tooth issue is clearing up for you, hope it'll be completed resolved very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm using correct vocabulary Alison as it's one that could be used here a lot too! Lol
      We love mini golf too! Thx for kind thoughts xoxo

      Delete
  10. Love your Happy Homemaker Mondays! This one reminded me of my own dear MIL who died 8 years ago. I miss her! That is such a clever DIY tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Jean. We never stop missing those precious loved ones do we? Thanks for kind comments. Happy week ahead to you. xo

      Delete
  11. LMBO at the fact that an iPhone is being amplified by what we had as kids! Neat idea.

    Great beach photos - don't you just love summer?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I thought it was pretty funny and cool when she showed me what she created. ;)

      I do love summer and it's flying too fast!!! xo

      Delete