Friday, July 24, 2015

Five on Friday: Summer Days

Just popping in quickly for my 5 things for Friday. Heading out with visiting relatives soon for more fun time! I'll get around to visit everyone over the next couple of days when I have more time. 


For my 5 I just wanted to share some of my favorite things about these wonderful summer days...

ONE
















Deck life has been dreamy! Whether it be during a lovely summer day where I am sitting out at the patio table sipping my iced tea, or watching my daughter and her friends jump on the trampoline and play with squirt guns. Throwing the ball for Ruby to chase. Quiet solitary moments to journal and listen to the breeze and the chimes swinging in it. Or gorgeous evenings with beautiful sunsets and walking down the hill and looking up at my home lights all aglow.



TWO

















Watching my lilies and potted flowers thrive! I love watering them and caring for them. Must be the Mama & caregiver in me - love to nurture something and watch it grow.




THREE



Wonderful times with family and friends! My girlfriend from California recently here for a visit and some of my relatives here this weekend. A family reunion coming up soon and even a school year reunion by later this summer. Something extra special about connecting in the summertime.



FOUR




Summer food!! Wonderfully fresh veggies and fruits are the best!! Like this wild berry pie I've made a few times now that is made with 4 different berries and it's SO good. It's a wonderful recipe from my friend Billie Jo and she blogs at Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea and you can click here to read her post with this recipe. I URGE you to make it- it's absolute summertime in a dish. The only thing I've changed is I like to brush a little milk on the top crust and sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on it before baking. 



FIVE

And getting in lots of golf. It's one of my favorite things to do in the summer. The courses are so pretty and it's just some fun grown up time. My hubby and I play in a league with friends and we get to sip some drinks, enjoy golfing on the course, and then often share some dinner afterwards. Just more of those perfect summer nights. I took a fun slow motion video of my hubby hitting a shot that is kind of cool and you can check out below. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll catch up with you all soon!




I'm linking up with Amy from Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.




28 comments:

  1. Lovely to see what's happening in your neck of the woods :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful photos you have shared. You have an amazing garden. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and my best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much and happy weekend to you as well my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh! Your summer is divine!!!!
    That deck?
    I fear I would never leave!!!
    So glad you enjoyed the pie.
    We have made it several times already!!!!! : )
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're living similarly wonderful summer days!! Your porch or my deck - both perfect summer perches. And we're obviously enjoying some of the same delicious summer goodies. Lol!
      Happy weekend to you sweet Billie Jo! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I can't get over your garden and your home! Perfectly lovely! Mmmm, pie my favorite food! LOL!
    Have a fabulous weekend! Don't look for my Five on Friday post... I didn't get one up but I'm still trying to pop by everyone's blogs to say a quick hello!
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth!! I"m so happy you stopped by to say hello. I think we have the same favorite food group. ;)
      Happy weekend to you dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  5. I'd say this sums up summer perfectly! Wonderful fun family times and long days in the garden and yours is just beautiful!
    Have a glorious summer weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine!! I couldn't agree more - perfect summer days are made just like that.
      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  6. Hi - Love your photos. I wish we had some sunshine. The weather here in Cumbria(UK) has been terrible. Will have a look at the recipe for the pie it looks wonderful. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks Joan! Sending you beautifully sunny thoughts and hope the real thing makes it there sometime soon so you can enjoy more perfect summer days as well! Thanks for sweet comments and stopping by. Happy weekend to you Hon!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. All such good things!!! I am so glad that you had such a great time with your friend and I hope that you will have a wonderful time with your relatives this weekend too! I am sure that you will. Your garden and the flowers are all wonderful, especially the day lilies, they are a beautiful colour aren't they!!! Thank you so much as always for joining in. I would say that I hope you have a great weekend, but I know that you are going to! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! I could say all the same things about your lovely garden. ;) I hope you've been able to soak up lots of sweet enjoyable time there too dear Friend. Happy weekend to you. xoxo

      Delete
  8. What a glorious post!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Terri! I should finally have some time to come around and visit and say hello to you too. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your back yard is heaven, Carrie! Such a beautiful retreat. Your flowers are just beautiful. That pie would not make it past my lips....I would have to bake two - one for me and one for everyone else! So nice to spend time with family and friends in the summer. My Mr. plays golf, but I never learned. Maybe he'll teach me someday...Have a sweet weekend, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would bake an extra one just for you my Dear. ;)

      You should definitely have the Mr. teach you some golf. It can be a little difficult at first but it's one of those sports where it's fun working to improve your own game so it's easy to enjoy together as you wouldn't be holding him back to play. And golf courses can be so beautiful to spend some time - go out late in the day and enjoy the sunset as you finish your game together. Just perfect summer goodness.
      Happy weekend! xo

      Delete
  10. You have a lovely deck! I can see why you like being out there so much! I need to bake a pie. I haven't made one in ages. The hardest part is finding a gluten-free pie crust that tastes good because the 2 biggest "pie-likers" in my family are GF. I guess that is a job for this summer..... Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! That must make baking a pie more difficult. I think I have tasted really good pie crusts made from nuts that were GF & tasty. The Internet can be a great resource for good recipes. Hope you find one soon. ;) xo

      Delete
  11. What a happy colourful post. Looks like a great week. Your flowers and deck life look dreamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy weekend to you. Xo

      Delete
  12. Great summery Five! Love your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! Happy weekend & summery thoughts to you! XO

      Delete
  13. Don't we just love summertime up here!! Maybe because it's so short, but we cram so much in. Love your photos! I'm definitely making that wild berry pie!! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're exactly right Judy! LOL
      I think you'll love the pie. It's so good! Happy weekend. XO

      Delete
  14. I'm with you all the way - except for the golf, I don't do golf, and I wish we were having summertime here in Shropshire! It's very wet, very dark and very cold here at the moment, considering it's July. I am jealous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a big bummer! I'll try my best to send sunshine your way. ;)
      Sending you sweet summer thoughts. Xo

      Delete