Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Everyone!


Hope you had a great weekend! I was supposed to have a lovely belated birthday luncheon with some of my girlfriends Saturday, but I had a horrible belly bug so had to cancel. (sad face). Hopefully it's going to work out another night this week, and I feel much better now thankfully.  We also celebrated my hubby's birthday yesterday a little (it's his real day today). I treasure the day he was born. He's my rock and my best Friend.  I'm wishing him many blessed years ahead! I made buttermilk vanilla cinnamon pancakes yesterday morning...and some were chocolate chip for my son and his buddies that slept over. Then my hubby and I had fun watching the Packer/Vikings game (always a big game in this household!) and yay - the Packers won!!  So not a bad pre-birthday day.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

In the 30's today and cloudy. We got a little dusting of snow last night, but it's supposed to be warmer as the week goes on. I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty mild and green Thanksgiving this year, which is unusual for us. 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A piece of toast with butter & jam, a banana, and a cup of coffee with natural sweet creamer. 


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Looking at the clouds and daydreaming on my busy week ahead.  The bay keeps getting thin layers of ice on it - especially in the AM. But then as the day warms up it opens up again. I'm up and going extra early today as the carpet guys will be here for round 2 soon.  Need to accomplish some quick house tasks before my MIL is here too. 



RIGHT NOW I AM:

In a tiny spot in our tv room surrounded by our bedroom furniture as they're coming to carpet that room today. Watching morning news and snuggling Ruby.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Everything is topsy turvy due to carpeting!! ugh!! Lol But it's worth it. What they've done so far is so soft and pretty and wonderful! Can't wait til it's all done. But in the meantime I've got closet stuff piled up in our big master bath tub, my bedroom furniture in the t.v. room, and my son's bedroom furniture in his sister's room. You get the idea. My MIL and I will need to hide out downstairs in the media room, when we're around here today.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to take my MIL for another doctor appointment today. Then may grab more thanksgiving groceries.  It'll be good to be out of the way of the carpet layers for the day. My son has a hockey game tonight and we'll grab a birthday dinner for my hubby and then come home and move the final round of furniture as hopefully they'll finish by Tuesday! 



CURRENTLY READING:

Anne of Windy Poplars and holiday magazines 


ON THE TV TODAY:

Still need to catch up on Amazing Race, some hallmark movies and a couple cooking shows. 



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: Out for dinner for hubby's birthday

TUESDAY: spaghetti hot dish (goulash like), garlic bread, veggies

WEDNESDAY: something easy like soup and sandwich (I'll be busy getting some things baked ahead for Thanksgiving)

THURSDAY: Yay - turkey day!! Gobbling up turkey dinner and all the fixings. 

FRIDAY: The best part - turkey leftovers. Sandwiches and slow cooker turkey rice soup



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Many things in the works - haven't worked on anything recently!!  Ugh! Need to get to work on those things that are a priority. 


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new planned.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Fabric softener sheets are wonderful for many uses! They can take grease off of a baked on dish (just soak it in water in the dish and it will soften it up). Trust me on this one - they're great for hockey bags and stinky things like that! Just keep a sheet (or 10) in the stinky place. Lol! Also, if a shirt is really "static-y" you can rub the sheet on it a bit and it will help stop it.   They're good for picking up pet fur off the furniture and even dusting off your table tops! Pack a few among your clothes for a trip and keep them "fresh" smelling and static free.  They also help repel bugs. If you do a search online you can find many uses for them! 


FROM THE CAMERA:





peek at the new carpet, frosty deck from this weekend, and this morning a snow covered deck and bay



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.

28 comments:

  1. Feel better!!!!
    And Blessings on a happy and healthy Thanksgiving week! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely feeling better Billie Jo! Thanks. ;)
      Happy Thanksgiving week to you! xo

      Delete
  2. Hooray for amazing husbands! I like that you used the word "rock" because that's what I use to describe my husband too!
    Those pancakes!? YUM!
    Your carpet looks so cozy! And what a gorgeous piano!
    That Thanksgiving quote at the end is perfect!
    Feel better and enjoy your celebratory dinner out tonight!
    Happy Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Friend!

      I truly don't know what I'd do without my hubby. We basically "grew up" together as we've known each other since we were 15. He's my best friend in the world. Sounds like we're some blessed Chicks. Lol ;)

      We are loving the new carpet. It's awesome!! Feeling better and ready to gobble gobble soon.
      Blessings Laura!! xo

      Delete
  3. So glad you're feeling better!
    We're ripping up our carpet this coming spring, and it's gonna be an undertaking! Also, hotdish....my husband grew up in Northern Wisconsin and his Grandma used to make everything into a hotdish!
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna! Feeling much better. Good luck with your carpet in the future. The work was worth it and we're loving ours!!
      We do tend to make a lot of hot dishes up here. Lol
      Blessings on your week Dear. xo

      Delete
  4. Oh, happy birthday to your hubby, have a fabulous time celebrating! The new carpet looks lush, it'll be worth all that furniture moving and squeezing round things :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison! We are loving the new carpet and it is very "lush". Is it weird that I just want to roll around on it? Lol

      Blessings on your week Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  5. Lovely post. Very nice to meet you. The snow is really pretty. In Texas we like to 'look' at snow. LOL. really enjoyed visiting. I'm following on Pinterest. Google isn't working for me. Technology is wonderful. I linked today too come over and visit!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you too and I'm so happy you stopped by!!

      Yes, I'm guessing you don't have a lot of snowflakes hanging around in Texas. Lol But mid winter I sure envy your warmth down there!!

      See you around on pinterest. Technology is so wonderful and makes this world feel smaller and cozier. Love that! xo

      Delete
  6. Hello sweet girl, and a happy birthday to your rock today ;).

    I spy a beautiful piano! The carpet looks beautiful too Carrie. I'm sure you're so happy with it, but will be even more happy when everything is back together where it belongs.

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Doreen!! The "rock" had a good day. Lol

      I do love my piano - and it's my baby after my kiddos and Ruby. ;)

      The work has been well worth it as the carpet is wonderful and so soft!
      Wishing you a blessed holiday dear Friend. xo

      Delete
  7. Carpet layers two days before Thanksgiving…you my friend are living on the edge!! LOL. It looks beautiful, I just want to run around that room in my bare feet!! That picture of the bay is just gorgeous…like a Christmas card!!

    Hope your family has wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CareBear!! I, blessedly, do not host Thanksgiving. I make a lot of the food but bring in to my BIL and SIL's house. I host Christmas instead.
      I have run around it in my bare feet and want to roll around all over it - it's that soft! Lol

      Wishing you a wonderful holiday too Sweetie! xoxo

      Delete
  8. The new carpet, and the whole room for that matter, looks beautiful! Love your piano!! Sorry to hear about your bout with the stomach bug, but glad you are feeling better. Happy birthday to your husband, and a belated happy birthday to you!

    The spaghetti/garlic bread meal sounds delicious! Love good Italian food...and it's really hard to beat Thanksgiving leftovers. After working so hard on Wednesday and Thursday to get the feast ready, it feels so great to just eat leftovers on Friday and over the weekend!

    Go Packers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Bethany! We are loving how things are turning out. So nice to finally get it done - we needed new carpet for a long time.

      Finally feeling better so I'm looking forward to Turkey time! Lol!! Yay the Pack won. We needed that one!!

      Blessings for your Thanksgiving holiday Doll. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you're feeling better. And YAY for the Packer win! And YAY for new carpeting! I'm hoping to be ready for carpeting in the master bedroom, living room and hallway by mid December! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie!! It's so good to be feeling better in time to do some serious turkey gobble time. Lol!

      I bet you can't wait for new carpet especially!! Keep up the great work you hard working Lady you!

      Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving too Hon! xoxo

      Delete
  10. I hope that belly ache is a thing of the past! I love the photo of your living room. So pretty. New carpet must be such a wonderful treat for your feet, and so nice and warm for our cold winters. I love your bank of windows. Are they south facing? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful that darn belly stuff is done too Judy! Now I have plenty of room for turkey (wink wink). Lol

      The carpet is heaven! Love it so much and don't know why we waited so long to do it. The windows actually face more west - we get a lovely view of the sunsets. ;)

      Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!! xoxo

      Delete
  11. What great tips with the fabric softener sheets. I'm stashing those ideas away for future use.
    How exciting the new carpet must be! I love the picture of the living room! It looks great!
    The picture of the snow on the deck and the bay is absolutely amazing! I would love that view.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the carpet install.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Nice to see you again. ;) We are loving the carpet so much. It's not quite as light as looks in the photos - has lots of little flecks of color so it'll be good for hiding dirt (kiddos and dog stuff!). Lol

      We're going to have a green Thanksgiving. All the snow melted already. HOpefully we'll have a white Christmas. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving dear Gal! xoxo

      Delete
  12. sorry about the belly bug.... not fun !!!! Hope you have a glorious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dear Lady! Feeling much better. Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  13. sorry about the belly bug.... not fun !!!! Hope you have a glorious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice living room! If I had that color carpet the house would have sold sooner. Now we are having electrical issues! Arg!!

    ReplyDelete