Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning Friends! 


I don't know about you, but it's been hard for me to get back into the groove this morning. After a nice Thanksgiving break, and lots of fun family time, I'm not ready to have a normal routine. I want to keep sleeping in late, eating more goodies together, watching more movies and having more fun! Lol  But I'm very grateful it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I swear I'm still full from last week! All right moving forward and time to get moving on to the week ahead.


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's in low 30's and chilly! We have a big weather warning too. Snow is heading our way!! They're saying tonight and through tomorrow we'll be getting 3 to 6 inches of it. A little south of us may get a foot!! They're saying it could be in the 40's by the weekend, so it won't last and will probably be messy and melty by then.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

I was naughty and had a little part of a donut and gingerbread coffee with sweet creamer. Also some fruit!



  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm looking out at the bay and it's all frozen on the top layer. It's gray and looks like it will be snowing!  It's neat at night when it gets colder like recently,  I'll let Ruby out for her last time of the night and stand on our deck and just listen to the cracking all over as the ice is forming. Such a cool and kind of creepy sound in the dark.



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Snuggling under my blanket on the couch and watching the morning news as I write this. Listening to more about our weather coming. It's big local news today! Lol


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

We've started bringing out all of our Christmas stuff!! We put the tree up downstairs and my daughter and her friends put on all of the ornaments. The upstairs tree is MINE though! Haha. I like to make that tree a little dressier and have more coordinated ornaments and trimmings etc. The downstairs is more the kiddo hang out and where we watch t.v. a lot  (our media room). So I love that it has all the nostalgic ornaments. When the girls were decorating it I was "supervising" and going down memory lane with my daughter over each ornament.  My son did come down later and at least look at the tree and go down memory lane a bit too. As a teenager it's not as cool to get nostalgic. Lol! I got the lights on the upstairs (formal living room) tree, but haven't got the decorations up yet. Will work on it today.  Still lots of other bins to go through and figure out where I want to put things this year. Plus I need a few new items. Will work on it all over the week. Yay Christmas!!



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I'm making my grocery list.  I'll have my MIL this afternoon, and after I make us some lunch we'll go run errands and pick up the groceries. Then we'll come back here and I'll try to make a quick dinner I can send home for her & my FIL too, late this afternoon. Once I get home, after picking up my daughter from school, I'll want to snuggle in as the snow will be starting!



CURRENTLY READING:

I've been looking through holiday magazines and catalogs. Been doing lots of online shopping already. Just a reminder that today is cyber Monday too!

 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I didn't watch the Good Wife yet. Some cooking shows to catch up on - some Hallmark shows too. I did watch the salute to Downton Abbey last night! I can't wait until it starts in January!! I can't believe it's the last season though. I'll sure miss it. 



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: thinking tacos - something I can make up quickly

TUESDAY: leftovers (& we'll be snowed in)

WEDNESDAY: mini ham muffins with honey mustard dip and creamy tomato soup

THURSDAY: slow cooker sweet and sour pork chops & veggies over rice

FRIDAY: leftovers or out to eat



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Some Christmas projects, scrapbooking, gift things.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

sweet and sour slow cooker pork chops will be a new one to try



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I like to keep all of my primary baking ingredients (like baking powder, baking soda, salt, powdered sugar, cinnamon, baking cocoa, chocolate chips) in it's own container in my pantry cabinets so I can easily grab those certain items or pull the whole bin out when I'm baking. Convenient way to keep it all together.



FROM THE CAMERA:
Downstairs tree


Upstairs tree  - only lights and needs decorations yet


I took this one from underneath the tree looking up through the branches at the lights






Tree selfie with my Girl


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




** I also want to remind everyone that I still have my giveaway going on through tomorrow and will be announcing the winner on Wednesday. Please please please go to the post from last week here and enter!! I love my blogland family so much and want to give one of you these goodies as a thank you. 


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Hi there, sorry that I didn't comment before, I have been away and am just back. I wasn't going to enter your giveaway having won one before, but after your request I will go there in just a moment and comment. Thank you for asking me to take part, so lovely of you and so kind of you as always! Glad to hear that all is OK and that you are enjoying getting ready for Christmas, you are far more organised than me! Hope that you are doing well and staying warm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh!!!! Snow!!!!!!
    How exciting!!!!!
    Enjoy...and I'm so glad your Thanksgiving was fun.
    Love the selfie, gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a piece of a donut today too!! I never buy them, but we were at the Botanical Garden making wreaths for a fundraiser and they were serving them. Hard to resist!

    You have two trees?? We did that for a couple of years, but no more. The picture of the lights is lovely!

    (I may want that pork chop recipe Carrie).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have 2 trees! and the selfie is so cute! I hope your weather warning is short lived and all are safe! LOL what are thinking tacos? I do my spices the same way for baking - makes life so much easier and I tend to be more creative with them all at my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Snow!! Does the bay freeze enough so that you can ice skate on it? We also have a small lake in our town that we used to skate on when we were younger, but I doubt I would even attempt it now, lol.

    Our decorating is going a little bit slower this year. My mom is so busy with this event at the library this weekend, that we are doing it a little at a time. But we too have decorations all over the place, and I know her and I can only take “clutter” for so long, LOL. Everything will be done by the weekend though. It’s fun looking at the ornaments every year.

    Your downstairs tree looks really pretty!! Gorgeous selfie of you two!! Have a great week dear gal, enjoy the snow for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to live where you live, especially with the ice cracking!!!! (as long as I'm not actively ON the ice, it's all good!) So glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and I love both of your trees and the tree selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie, it really does sound cold over there - the snow is about to arrive, and the water is freezing over! Your trees look very pretty, and I am all for having several trees - a chance for variety of themes, and more fun for Christmas. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brrrrr! I hope you're keeping warm there, Carrie! I bet your bay looks magical when it snows. Yay! Christmas trees up!! So pretty and twinkly. What a cute selfie of you and your girl :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie - Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Your trees look amazing. I have put some decorations up today and I am going to put my tree up next week. Will have a look at your giveaway. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tip of the week! Please send recipe for the ham muffins.
    Thanks,
    Margot
    Packing like crazy here. Home by the 24th.

    ReplyDelete