Thursday, November 12, 2015

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hello Friends! Sorry I'm late posting a recipe today, but it was one of those fun busy kind of days. Once I got my daughter off to school I went and had wonderfully fun day with my Mom. We ran errands, went out for lunch and even accomplished some Christmas shopping! While out shopping it started to snow big wet flakes and looked so pretty. Then it was time to grab kids from school and make an early dinner as my hubby had some sports tonight. But I'm finally here to share this excellent recipe with you!  This wonderfully chilly snowy day was the perfect kind of day for baking too! And these amazing chewy and chocolatey oatmeal cookies do the trick beautifully!




Chocolate chip cookies are awesome and have their place as probably the best all time cookie. But sometimes it's nice to shake it up and add some texture and oatmeal does that so well! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, by panthera, and it is the best oatmeal chocolate chip recipe I've ever made. Many times oatmeal cookies can get too crispy - these cookies are just right...not crispy, but perfectly chewy and the perfect balance of chocolate and oatmeal. SO GOOD!! I forgot to grab pics of the making them process, but here's the recipe:


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.




The only thing I changed is that I didn't add walnuts (my kiddos don't like nuts in their cookies) and so I added a few more chocolate chips. 

 I can't stress enough how good they were, but I'll just say do yourself a favor and go make them today!! 





12 comments:

  1. OH my!
    These will be in my kitchen soon!!!
    Thank you, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Billie Jo! It's definitely a keeper recipe - so good! xoxo

      Delete
  2. These sound so good! I think your kids are pretty smart - walnuts would just spoil them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew you'd appreciate that too Mari. ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your one year blog anniversary! Thanks for this recipe!! We had two gorgeous days (W & Th.), and on Wednesday we went up to Jamestowne. So now it is 58 and my hibiscus is still trying to bloom. However, I just heard that Ashland had a foot of SNOW!!! Brrr
    Get out those flannel sheets! You have to check out the cute ones at Plow and Hearth. Love that store! It is on-line too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margot!!

      Sounds like it's been gorgeous there. ;) We got by pretty unscathed from the snow. We got about an inch in some close by areas. At my house just a few flakes - no accumulation. And now they're calling for 50's this weekend!

      But I know it's just a matter of time - so I have the warm sheets at the ready. Lol I do love Plow and Hearth and have ordered from it several times.
      Blessings to you! xo

      Delete
  4. These do look so good! It's hard to beat cookies of any type, and combining two favorites, oatmeal and chocolate chip, is sure to result in a favorite! Some of my favorite cookie bars have a somewhat similar recipe.

    Oh wow, you have snow now?! Somehow I still don't feel ready for it. It's hard to say goodbye to summer and a warm autumn, but it is getting cooler here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved this recipe - the perfect chewy texture! ;)

      We were lucky with the snow - no accumulation at my house. Some areas about an hour or more away from me got several inches though! Predicting a mild weekend here, so I plan to just keep soaking it up as long as I can.

      Blessings dear Friend! xo

      Delete
  5. Well done you for getting some Christmas shopping done already, I seem to be behind right now, but I do have the cards all written so that is something at least! Delicious sounding cookies, I could do with one of them right now - with or without the nuts would be fine with me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even begun to think of my cards yet Amy - and I make personalized calendars each year for certain family members. So I need to get cracking too! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  6. I am so jelly!! Snow AND Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies in one day!! These cookies look delish…I am definitely going to try these…I mean them being all healthy and all with the oatmeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - like totally healthy oatmeal. Go for it Babes! You won't be disappointed. ;) xo

      Delete