Monday, November 9, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday!


It was a busy sports weekend for us. My daughter finished up her volleyball on Saturday (they took 4th place - had 3rd in their grasp, but it wasn't to be). Lol Then a full day of hockey yesterday (2 games for each kiddo). Such is life here in the northwoods sometimes. I have a sports family so I roll with it! However, Friday my hubby and I did get out for a date night. We saw the new James Bond movie Spectre and had a nice dinner. It was wonderful! And so nice to catch up a bit and unwind with no kiddos. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are recharged to start the week ahead.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Sunny and a little chilly this AM (40's) but they're saying we'll hit the 50's. It's been wonderful to have some sunshine the past couple of days, after what felt like endless gray days. Although, they are predicting some snow (yes I said it) for Friday...but that it won't last. Temps will continue to be milder than normal and I'll take it!!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Whole wheat toast with some butter and strawberry jam. Pumpkin spice coffee with natural bliss sweet cream creamer.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Watching the garbage truck come take the garbage & recycling at the end of the driveway. God bless the folks who do the work of keeping our beautiful planet. Watching a few stray leaves swirl in the breeze now and then. They are pretty much all but gone off of the trees. I truly feel the shift to the next season.  Across our bay, last night, there was even a home all lit up with Christmas lights already. Seems to be the trend for this earlier and earlier every year. I love the music, but just can't get into the decorating part until after Thanksgiving. 



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching the morning news as I type this and Ruby snuggles by me. Sipping the last of my coffee.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual laundry. Also, I'll be creating more dishes to load as I do some cooking and baking for the in-law's today.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I'll have my MIL here soon. I'm going to do some cooking and baking (as I mentioned), maybe we can go for a walk, we'll watch some favorite cooking shows I tape that my MIL likes to watch too. Also, probably do some more coloring and maybe some puzzles as we visit and listen to holiday music. I also want to catch up to comment with all of you - my lovely friends- that leave me comments. It's difficult when my MIL is here, but hoping tonight to catch up on my blog a bit. I need to add more of my latest posts to my recipe and craft tabs too. Life has felt so busy - especially on weekends when I usually have more time to spend. I know it's going to get crazier closer to holidays - but I'll keep up best I can as I LOVE my blog time!



CURRENTLY READING:

Still re-reading my Anne of Green Gables later books and loving them! 


ON THE TV TODAY:

WAtched the Good Wife and caught up on more of the Voice. Have cooking shows taped yet, finish up Greys Anatomy, and some holiday hallmark movies.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: I never did make the baked steak last week- I actually picked up stuffed pork cutlets so making those. Plus, scalloped potatoes, green beans and turtle brownies for dessert.

TUESDAY: cheese ravioli, garlic toast and salad

WEDNESDAY: not sure about the rest of the menu from here as I'll need to go grocery shopping and haven't made my list yet. Thinking maybe a new recipe like a ham & cheese casserole I printed off, or goulash from the show the Chew recently that looked SO good (more like a beef stew). Also, been hungry for chicken and dumplings - so stay tuned I guess. Lol! Plus, thinking I'll pick up stuff to finally make those spiced pear bars and will share when I do.


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

The usual crafts I've been mentioning: cross stitch, gift scrapbook (helping my Mom) and some cards I'd like to create. Gathered more things lately for my kiddos' school years scrapbooks too.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Maybe the goulash or the ham & cheese casserole I mentioned above. Also, I made some really delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last week (as a favor to my Mom) and they were so perfectly chewy and yummy. I LOVE this recipe and I'll plan to share those with you this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I have 2 sets of measuring spoons and I find this SO handy when I'm cooking and baking. A clean set is then always available - and I use them both in a day often!


FROM THE CAMERA:
a recent fun walk with my MIL - being a goofball ;)  see no leaves on the trees (boo)

A view from my office/craft room window where I often work on my blog.


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

17 comments:

  1. First, I love the visual of where you blog from! Makes me feel like I'm sitting right there with you chit-chatting about menu plans, laundry, dirty dishes and hockey tournaments.
    Snow! How cozy!
    Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites - combines two of the best!
    Your date night sounds like fun! How was the movie?
    I recently invested in an extra set of measuring spoons/cups and, wow, what a difference it makes! Next, I'm hoping to pick up extra baking sheets before I start my Christmas cookie baking extravaganza! ;)
    Have a wonderful rest of your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just love that Laura! You hit it right on the head too with talk of laundry and hockey!! Lol!!

      You'll never regret having an extra set of measuring spoons or baking sheets - and you can quote me on that. ;)

      Blessings on your week. xo

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your blog space! It's so awesome that you and your MIL get along...mine is a snake!!!
    Date nights are awesome! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna! Your MIL comment completely made me giggle. :) Sorry - I truly hope that relations can improve somehow with your MIL.
      Have a wonderful week too! xo

      Delete
  3. Glad that you had a great weekend, I hope that your week will be a good one too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and right back at ya Amy!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Having kids who are into sports can be all consuming, depending on the sport. Glad to hear you and hubby made time for each other, as that's important. I'm also glad to hear you liked Spectre. I like Daniel Craig...he's a hotty in a 'not so perfect' way, kwim? Sometimes those Bond movies can be a little over the top...like Wiley Coyote, but I just roll with it and 'suspend disbelief'.

    (I think you meant to say until after Thanksgiving).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a consuming sports world often around here Doreen! You took all of the words right out of my mouth about Daniel Craig. I love that he's tough and not "too pretty". ;) My favorite bond so far for sure (close 2nd probably Sean Connery). And they are SO over the top - but that's part of the fun.

      Thanks for catching my "typo" - I changed it now. ;)
      Blessings Pumpkin! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love your view...
    And visiting with you here.
    Have a wonderful week, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo!
      Blessings to you and your week! xo

      Delete
  6. You are such a sweet DIL! I can see the happiness in your MIL's face, and you always speak of her so lovingly.
    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww - thanks so much Mari! I always get emotional when someone compliments me this way. It means so much - and I truly try to do my best by her. Shes a treasure and was my dearest friend for many years. ;)

      Blessings to you dear Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Always busy....you inspire me. I am feeling so lazy lately. I used to make goulash when the kids were young - I hope you post the recipe - I lost mine. I love the view out the curtained window - so pretty! We are getting heavy snow in the higher mountains later this week. 'Tis the season, I guess. My kids love it because they are all skiers and snowboarders, except my middle girl. She and I sit in the lodge drinking hot cocoa :) Hope you have a good week! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to inspire dear Karen! I wish I would inspire myself more sometimes. Lol! When I make that goulash I will post - it's very different than the traditional macaroni goulash - more beef stew like an sounded SO good!

      I'd completely be with you and your Girl sipping the cocoa. :) I'd maybe go for a snowshoe walk in the woods though first.

      Hope you're having a lovely week too Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  8. Running late this week, but wanted to stop by and say hi! I absolutely adore Anne of Green Gables - hope you are enjoying it! Love your inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew you were a "kindred spirit" Tamy! Lol I'm loving it and feel like I'm a teenager all over again. ;)

      Blessings to you and all you have going on right now! xoxo

      Delete
  9. I’m just now getting around to reading some blogs…UGH…hectic week. Hockey season for you guys…how fun!! Does hockey season actually end by you or is it a year long thing, lol. :)

    I loved your pics, seeing your MIL being silly made me smile, looked like a fun time!! Also loved the quote!!

    ReplyDelete