Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Among the Sunflowers

Today I wanted to share this layout from many years ago that I still just love so much. I think a big reason I love it is due to the fact that my son is so young and adorable (2 years old) and my Gram is in some great photos with him. 


These pictures were from the late summer early Fall of 2002 when some relatives (including my Grandma Anne) came to visit us and my Aunt who lives close by. My Aunt had a bunch of sunflowers tall and lovely in her garden and we caught some nice shots there.


I love that these pages are simple but bright and cheerful. Much like a sunflower. I just used some sky blue card stock as a backdrop, and when you don't have sunflower paper....then just make your own big sunflower, right? 



Throw in some sunflower stickers and one tall sunflower with a photo of Gram hugging my Aaron in the center and you have...


...one beautiful layout of memories among the sunflowers.



Scrapbooking is such a fun way to express one's creativity, but the best part of all is capturing those treasured moments so vividly.


8 comments:

  1. I love your sunflowers!!! It is so great that you made your own. Thank you for sharing your memories with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for always visiting and enjoying them with me dear Amy!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Those pages are so cute! They are cheery and timeless - glad you shared them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - scrapbooking just remains one of my favorite past times in the world, and it's even more fun when you have folks to share it with - so that means a lot! Thx for always visiting and for such nice comments Doll.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love sunflowers! They are my favorite flowers. I have some started in our garden :) Your pages are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too!! They amaze me how they grow and how big some of them can get! My Aunt's were dinner plate sized!

      You'll have to share pics of yours this summer!! ;) Thanks Jean! xo

      Delete
  4. Lovely! What treasured pictures. Sunflowers are such happy flowers aren't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just giant circle of sunshine Alison!! Love them for their cheery color and nature. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete