Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Celebration Continues (Easter Scrapbook Pages)

It's gray and cold here today and they're calling for a mix of rain/snow later - boo!!!  So I thought we might keep the fun Springy Easter celebration continuing this week.  So today I want to post some scrapbook pages of Easter past. 


I always have a lot of fun scrapbooking holidays because there are so many fun theme papers, stickers and embellishments out there to pick from and decorate. But also, they are preserving memories from fun and happy family times. Here are a few layouts from a couple of past Easters.


I often love to cut out my subjects (here my son and some cousins) and put them on the page in a different way. In this case so they look like they're in the page on the hunt for eggs in the grass. The grass is just some green paper I tore so the top has that ruffled edge.


Close up of the cut-out subjects



And here's the other part of that layout - you have to have an Easter bunny on the page, right? This layout is from when my son was young (before my daughter was born) and I love it because most of it is from my mom-in-law's house and back when she was in good shape memory-wise. She used to host an easter egg hunt for the grandkids each year and they just loved it!



The layout all together.






Here's a page from Easter layout #2.  I love the background paper I found for this one, with that pretty tree on it.


I just embellished the tree a little with a dimensional bird sticker and a bunny next to the tree.


Here's the other part of this layout and I love the memories of this Easter as our old bassett hound dog, Dudley, was still alive then. 



And an Easter page always improves with a little Spring bunting at the top, right?







Here's the full layout for this one. Thanks for going down memory lane with me. Keep thinking Spring thoughts!


8 comments:

  1. Your pages are lovely, I really like the paper with the tree and the egg shaped photos! Great touches! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It is such a fun way to look back at memories. ;)

      Delete
  2. It's not nice here either! Rainy and cold, but at least no snow.
    I love your pages. You make me miss scrapbooking with paper and stickers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lucked out and only got a little that didn't last overnight - calling for more mix tomorrow though and we have rain today. Ugh. Wish you were closer Mari and we could hook up once a month for a scrapbook workshop today and get you back to it!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Snow?! Hopefully that will be a distant memory very soon! I just love your scrapbook pages with all the cute embellishments. The cut-outs are fun and the little bunting and flowering tree are so sweet. It is so nice that you take the time to do this for your family. It's so fun to walk down memory lane when they all grow up....It's the best part of family gatherings around here, now that they are all adults. Hope you have a great week, dear friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lucked out and only got a trace of snow, although calling for a little more chance tomorrow. This weekend looks like a much nicer forecast- so here's hoping!

      I'm still just in love with scrapbooking and one of the best parts is looking back at these memories in this fun way. Each book is it's own little colorful treasury of favorite moments. I hope my kiddos and grandkiddos will treasure them just as much one day. xoxo

      Delete
  4. The little flower tree is gorgeous! Fingers crossed that you doesn't get any more snow. We've had fab weather here since Easter Saturday, getting up to 61F! Great for the children's Easter hols, they are off until Mon 13th. Have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH lucky you Alison!! Soak up extra sunbeams for me!!

      I just love that tree page too - cutest paper. Have a wonderful holiday break. xoxo

      Delete