Monday, April 27, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello All and Happy Monday!  It was such a fun girl weekend around here and I took off the weekend from a lot of social media and it was really quite nice. My Boys were gone for a hockey tourney and my daughter & I stayed behind and my Mom came over for a girlie sleepover weekend. It was great - lots of gabbing and quality time. Saturday we went shopping at the "big mall" as Annie calls it, went out for lunch, went to church, rented a movie and snuggled in with pizza. Sunday we played games with Annie, I grilled out on the deck in the sunshine and we ate lunch out there and took Annie & her friend to the park. Just one of those perfect, relaxing, unplugged weekends. Now I'm ready for the week ahead!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

 Sunny and mild and we have a great forecast of almost 60* and sun all day today. Hooray!!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Maple pecan oatmeal and coffee.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Stepped out on the deck - sunshine and birdies singing away! Lots more green just starting to bud all over - won't be long now and we'll have actual leaves on the trees!! Lol  I always love when that happens as our backyard is a hill right on the bay and really like our own little island. And once the leaves come in we don't even see our neighbors across the water - it feels like our own private paradise! Love love love!!!


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Petting Ruby, daydreaming out the window at the sunshine and trying to gather my plans for the day. I have kind of a busy week ahead - a lot of appointments and things and just trying to decide what the plans are for each day. Also, trying to decide which nights I'll cook for the in-laws and what the menus will be and what I need to grab at the grocery store. Getting my daughter's lunch made for school and making sure her backpack is all packed up. Usual Monday morning stuff.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Not to bad. Pretty tidy. Need to do more laundry (as always) and some picking up. Just feels so bright and sunny and ready to begin the day!



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Grocery store with my mom-in-law. Then we'll do some lunch and play outside with Ruby today and maybe go for a walk - enjoy time on the deck. Good sunny day stuff!  



CURRENTLY READING:

Nothing new to report here. When we were shopping at the mall this weekend I did pick up a couple more magazines (just what I need - NOT!) - so more of that in my future. 



ON THE TV TODAY:

Need to catch up on Good Wife  and Outlander and a few cooking shows. 




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I'm thinking of one easy meal for in-laws (soup and sandwich or sloppy joes or something like that) for one of the meals and may try a new recipe for their other meal. My daughter has been requesting homemade lemon blueberry pancakes I haven't made in a long time - so we'll see if I get to those or not for breakfast for dinner night this week. 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

 Same old - nothing new to report here: still scrapbook catch up.



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I'm thinking for the in-law night I may make a new slow cooker recipe I have for sweet and sour meatballs over rice. It has a lot of flavors they would like - and it's always fun to try something new.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Something I always do when I make my grocery list is divide it up by areas. So on my piece of paper I write AISLES, DAIRY, MEAT, PRODUCE, FROZEN, BREAD and leave room under each and just write in the things I need depending on what department of the grocery store I find them. Maybe everyone does this, but thought I'd share in case it's new for someone and might make it easier. It's so nice when I'm thinking of ingredients I put into a dish and I just write each ingredient I need under the heading it goes under.


FROM THE CAMERA:

photo I took from our dock this weekend - ducks in the sunset


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday


23 comments:

  1. Maple pecan oatmeal sounds yummy !
    I write my shopping list in the order that the aisles are in my supermarket :) It works really well as long as I shop in the same shop !
    Last thing - what's Outlander like ? It keeps popping up on our Netflix or Amazon tv or something but I don't know what it's about ?
    Jillxi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good oatmeal! Although,now getting warmer mornings around here I'm starting to lose interest on hot breakfasts much longer. lol
      I think it does help so much to have a grocery list have a rhyme and reason to make the trip much faster!
      Outlander is based on a series of period books by Diana Gabaldon and I'm still reading the first book - very good. But the series based on the book is on Starz network here (2nd half of the first season right now) and it's so good! Takes place in Scotland in the 18th century and has beautiful scenery and costumes and is a fun romantic and action packed series. ;)
      Happy week ahead Jill! xo

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your inspiration! Those sweet and sour meatballs are calling my name too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl power - right Tamy? Lol! Those meatballs do sound good. Hopefully the in-laws will agree. ;)
      Happy week to you! xoxo

      Delete
    2. ALWAYS girl power! I believe we are supposed to do everything to build each other so we can stand strong in a male dominated world - that said I'm not necessarily a feminist and believe in stay at home moms, just can't stand inequality for the sake of it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful picture! I'm the same with magazines at the store...lol ;-) I love to scrapbook also but I'm way behind! I just found your blog and wanted to say hi! Have a lovely day!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill!! And I'm so glad you popped by! It's always wonderful to find a fellow scrapper! Lol

      Please visit often. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, your weekend sounds glorious! We all need a little girl time once in a while!
    Lemon Blueberry Pancakes sound really good!
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Laura - it truly "hit the spot". I don't think I'll getting to the pancakes this week - but maybe next week and if I do I'll share!

      happy week to you xoxo

      Delete
  5. I Love the quote!! Your weekend sounded like so much fun with just the girls!! We all need that once in awhile. I actually do my grocery list in the order of how the aisles are laid out in the store. Then they'll move things around in the store and get me all discombobulated. Hope you have a wonderful week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! It was a great weekend. We really need to do it more often. Smart girl with your grocery list too!
      Hope this week treats you right sweet Gal! xo

      Delete
  6. Your home indeed sounds like paradise! I'm envious! I too love Outlander! I devoured the books a few years back and have been so excited for the tv show! Finally, do you have a recipe for the lemon blueberry pancakes? Do you use a blueberry syrup with them? That sounds amazing!

    Sherry
    http://bygloryalone.blogspot.com/2015/04/happy-homemaker-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I'm trying to work my way through the first Outlander book - however I also kind of like not knowing what's going to happen when I watch the show. Lol

      I had a favorite recipe for those pancakes that I've been trying to find! If I can't find it I like making Pioneer Woman's version: www.pioneerwoman.com. I don't think I'll be making them this week - but I plan to next week and when I do I'll share the recipe I use then.

      I like mine with maple syrup - but I do have a recipe for blueberry that I can share then too.
      Happy week to you and thanks for coming by! I"m hoping to get around and say hi to friends soon. Been a busy week already! ;)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love Outlander as well, did you ever read the books???

    I'm so glad to be back in the blogging world, really needed to reconnect with you amazing ladies, it always makes me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on those books -but I'm kind of in a state because I find I'm liking the show better when I don't know what's coming next - so there you are, I'm not sure what to do. But I should have real problems, huh? Lol!

      So nice to hear from you dear Gal! Totally understand you're going through such a busy time. Just love sharing in your Mondays no matter what.

      Sending you lots of love and blessings xoxo

      Delete
  8. You live in an absolutely gorgeous spot!
    I think you need to share that recipe, it sounds so good.
    I write my grocery list in the order I find them at the store, so we have a similar plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of heaven here Mari - I still pinch myself every day!
      I think I'll make the recipe next week and will share the recipe then.
      happy week Hon! xoxo

      Delete
  9. That is a wonderful quote Carrie! One for us all to remember I am sure. Your grocery list sounds very organised, mine is a real mixture of different categories with different things all over the place. Should be more organised! I remember when I was growing up my parents list being organised like yours! I hope that you have a great week, glad you had a good girly weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! If I don't organize I end up going in circles!! Lol Not making that up either. ;)

      Happy week dear sweet Gal! xo

      Delete
  10. It's amazing the difference a little sunshine can make in our days. Is your lemon blueberry pancake recipe on your blog somewhere? Those sound amazing! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing the difference that sunshine makes Jean! I will share the pancake recipe next week as I know I won't be getting to the this week - so stay tuned! Lol

      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  11. Ooh yes, my list has categories too - I'm afraid it doesn't stop me from putting random things in the trolley though! hope you're having a good week so far :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH - agreed Alison! The same thing happens to me. I think the items just magically jump in the cart sometimes. Especially if I shop with my kiddos. Lol ;)
      happy week to you! xo

      Delete