Friday, April 17, 2015

Five on Friday:What's up



For my 5 things this Friday I thought I'd share some things that I've been up to lately.


photo taken last night at sunset from the steps down to our dock

I can't get enough of our bay and the outdoors lately. The weather has been so lovely and mild. Everything is starting to get green and trees are even beginning to bud a little. My MIL's tulips were almost all the way up and should bloom by next week! Ruby and I are getting in nice walks and lots of fun playing catch with her ball on the hill.






When I haven't been outside, I've been indoors working on more scrapbook catch up. I've still been primarily working on my travel/vacation album. It's so fun to work on these pages that are full of our adventures and travels.




Annie with fellow class mate & cast mate 

For a couple of nights this week I was at my daughter's school play (she's in the drama club). She had a fairly leading roll and was so nervous as it was her first time on stage. And they got to perform the production at the big local High School stage. She absolutely loved it and this proud Mama can say she did an excellent job!! It was so fun to watch her and her cast mates (3rd - 5th grade) put on a great production.



I've also still been shopping for a garden table and trying to decide how big I want to go and other details. I'm a little intimated as I've never truly had a garden before & I'd really like to have some things actually grow! Lol  We're limited for ground space so I think the table will work beautifully, plus less bending over (yay!). Also, I like the idea of a cover for it as there are SO many critters in our yard often as we're in the woods too, and it would protect from the deer munching everything! I think I'll stay on the smaller side and plan to have a pot or tiny container garden in Annie's patch, or on the deck, for herbs too.




And finally, I've been thinking Springy & Summery thoughts by getting out more of my summer decorations/candles and looking into nice lighter recipes. That's one of the most fun parts of this time of year I think - is the fun menus to plan. More creative salads and dishes with yummy ripe fruits in season. Yum!!



I'm linking with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.







14 comments:

  1. Five great things! The veg trugs are a great idea and will keep a lot of critters and bugs out I imagine. I hope you have fun and enjoy your gardening!! Well done to Annie on her great performances, how excited you must have been and she must have been too!! Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend - and more beautiful sunsets! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope that the garden thing works out Amy as I'm so excited about working in it!!

      Annie thanks you, and we were both so happy with her performance. I think I officially have an actress in the house - Uh Oh! Lol

      Happy weekend & sunny days to you my Friend! xo

      Delete
  2. Your view, my friend.....
    It is amazing.
    Enjoy your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo - love sharing it with you.

      Happy weekend to you my Dear! xo

      Delete
  3. Very pretty and peaceful view you have there - I'll bet it gets loud with the frogs in the summer time! How cute are your scrapbook pages and that darling little girl of yours is on her way to Hollywood! Aren't you so glad that summer is just around the corner? So fun to get out the summer things. That garden stand looks like a great idea and summer salads make my mouth water. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen!

      I can't wait for the peepers to come back! I LOVE that sound in the summer and they are quite noisy... in the most wonderful way. I bet you know what I'm talking about. ;) And on gorgeous summer nights when the moon shines on the bay, the peepers sing, and the fireflies flash around on the hill it's downright magical.

      I hope the garden stand will works, otherwise I may not have much of a garden at all. Lol

      And I think you're right - we may have an actress in the house. I'm going to need to buckle up for the ride!! Pray for me. (hee hee)

      Hope I can share lots of new salad recipes I try this summer. Happy weekend Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  4. That view is just spectacular! I'm loving the way things are changing here too - Spring is bursting out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful Mari!?! It makes me want to twirl around on my hill like Maria Von Trapp from the Sound of Music!! Lol

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  5. I just love that view you have!! So glad the production was a success, since she enjoyed it so much I am sure there will be more in the future!! Have a wonderful weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie - and I think you're exactly right...there will be more stage performances in our future. I don't know if i should be excited or frightened by that - ha!!

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  6. Garden table - brilliant idea! Hope you are having a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - fingers crossed the garden table will work out well. It's my best chance for a real little garden - so I'm hoping!!

      Happy weekend to you dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  7. Such an amazing view, I'd be dancing on the deck if I lived there! Well done to Annie, how brave to get up on stage like that. I like the garden table, what a good idea to have a cover to keep your plants safe from being munched! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really feels like our own bit if heaven back here. I sometimes still pinch myself - that I get to live here.

      Hopefully the garden table will work! Stay tuned. Lol

      Xoxo

      Delete