Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday





Another weekend has flown by and here we are on another happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. The weather here was just beautiful and I tried to get out and enjoy it as much as possible! Looking good for the week ahead too - woo hoo Spring!! 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

 Quite nice - some sun and 50's already. Supposed to hit 60's today.  We had our first little thunderstorm last night and it hit 80 degrees before that during the day!! Grass is starting to green and I really believe Spring is here to stay and I'm thrilled!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Coffee (of course) with hazelnut creamer. English muffin with peanut butter and honey.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sun is shining. I see how nice the grass is starting to look. My hubby even cut the lawn for the first time yesterday. I've been seeing little lily buds starting to come up. Outside with Ruby earlier on the deck and birds were singing away... seeing robins on our hill.  All is right with the world. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Making a plan for the day. My MIL and I may go do some fun errands and go out for some lunch later and take a walk. Just truly enjoy the lovely day. 



AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I have some dishes from last night yet to do. There's a stray item thrown here or there by a kiddo - my son leaves for school earlier with my hubby and he's always in a mad dash out the door so I never know what he's thrown about before he leaves. I see I still have laundry to catch up on (never ending!) but otherwise fairly tidy. Ruby is laying by my feet quite content.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

May run to a couple of fun shops with my MIL and possibly out for some lunch for a change of scenery. If weather continues to be lovely thinking of a walk and get some miles on my fitbit.  



CURRENTLY READING:

I obviously cannot make up my mind - as I've kind of gone back to reading Outlander again. Lol! I've also been catching up on some magazines. I've been watching Outlander now that it's back on Starz network for the 2nd half of the season, so it has me interested in reading some of it again.



ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched Outlander and Call the Midwife, but need to catch up on Good Wife. Plus I have a new Game of Thrones which started back this weekend (yes I watch that show too - I'm hopeless!) and I taped an old Spencer Tracy and Clark Gable movie I haven't watched yet. Too much t.v. (sad really) and too little time. 


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I made some dinner for the in-laws over the weekend and haven't even thought about what I want to do for this week yet. It may have to be a lazy week as my daughter has a pretty big part in  a school play that has performances 2 nights this week, plus back to summer hockey schedule and practices for the kiddos. Probably throw some easy stuff on the grill and do sandwiches/soup - again most likely keep it easy. I will get to that poke cake for you eventually though Alison! Lol Next shopping trip that goes on the list.



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

 Still just catching up on scrapbooking. Nothing really new there at the moment.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing in mind this week....yet. Stay tuned - who knows. Lol


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I, like most folks this time of year, am feeling very conscious of my weight as we get into warmer weather territory - which of course equals less clothing to cover us territory ((shudder)). So I have been trying to be better about my diet and exercise.  I know drinking lots of water is a great help to be healthy, but also to help in weight loss. I've been trying to be good about drinking a glass of water before I eat a meal to help with appetite. I heard that if you stir some apple cider vinegar into your glass of water it can keep appetite suppressed more too. Have any of you heard that before?


FROM THE CAMERA:

I took these photos early on in the weekend and the grass is already much greener and the bay is pretty much completely open - not like in pic above with it only half open in front of our dock. See my buds coming up?




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


17 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your quote - wish more people could realize this!
    So glad you're beginning to see green.
    I finally got caught up on Good Wife - step dad and I have differing opinions. He thinks they are getting away from the premise of the show while I think not - it's all in the title.
    Have a good week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamy!

      I got caught up on Good Wife too and i'm in agreement with you. I think that it does all still relate to the title and who she has been from the start. I couldn't see how they were going to let her be S.A. anyway as I think that might have flung her in too different a direction and from her cohorts.

      Happy week!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good morning!
    I always enjoy visiting with you here!
    I drink water too...but never enough. : )
    Have a great day...
    We finally have a spring day!!!!
    The doors are open...I hear the birds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your visits sweet Lady!! And YAY for Spring at Billie Jo's house!! She took a while to show up, huh? But she's always worth the wait. ;)

      Happy days ahead!! xo

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the little buds popping up!
    I sometimes add a little apple cider vinegar to my water because it's supposed to be really good for you but I've never heard of it being used to suppress appetite - very interesting.
    Glad you are finally getting to enjoy some Spring weather too - going out to lunch sounds very fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass is finally getting so green too Laura!! Will share pic probably Wednesday.

      I have to do more homework on the apple cider vinegar thing but I swear I heard and read that somewhere. Stay tuned and I'll let you know what i find out. Lol

      Hope all is going well there little Mama and the new wee one is letting you get good sleep. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have tried drinking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar before to balance out my system for other ailments (I just drink it down straight followed by a GIANT swig of water) but haven't tried to take it consistently for weight loss. I do think it would work though. Maybe I'll give it a try. Too much tv, too little time. I can (sadly) really relate to that one. Maybe nicer weather will get us away from it a bit. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about the many health benefits of apple cider vinegar too and will need to do some more research. Glad to hear from someone else that can vouch for it a bit - although I don't think I could drink it straight. Lol

      It is sad how much a get a little hooked on t.v. season at times - try to be conscious of it and step back at times too.

      Here here to good weather and more outside time!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I hope that you have a great week and that your daughters play goes really well!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw -thanks Amy!! It's really quite adorable as she's been so gung ho about it, until now that it's actually here she's horribly nervous! Lol Tonight is her debut - fingers crossed! ;)

      Happy week dear Friend! xo

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a good start to the week, Carrie! Spring is here for you, Yay! So nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. We are having very cold and rainy weather to make up for our mild winter, but hopefully some warmer temps later in the week. I have lots of planting to do. You are so sweet for taking your MIL out shopping and to lunch :) How fun to go see your daughter in the school play! Proud Mama! I remember those soccer game nights...fun but hectic. Enjoy your spring week, finally! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely day and my MIL was in fine form and so we both had a lot of fun.

      I hope the sun comes out for you soon so you can go play in some dirt!! Such fun!!

      So nervous for Annie's big nights, but it will be so fun too. These are the moments to treasure. ;)

      Happy (hopefully drier) week ahead!! xo

      Delete
  7. Love the quote!! Glad that you are enjoying some warm weather like we are. We also had some good storms over the weekend, and the grass is so green, just loving it!! Enjoy the play performances, I always am more nervous than my kids are when they do things like that. I’m sure she will do well and have a blast!!

    Have a wonderful week hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Carrie-girl!!

      Let's hear it for green grass and give Mother Nature a hand! Lol

      I am nervous for Annie, but excited too. I know it's going to be so fun and can't wait to capture some treasured moments.

      Happy week ahead Doll! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I've been thinking it's time to get on the healthy eating plan again, but I keep thinking and don't get going! I was just talking to someone last week who swears by the apple cider vinegar thing. She takes a tablespoon a day and says it makes a big difference for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so good to hear Mari!! Now I'm feeling even better about giving it a go with the vinegar!

      We get pulled in so many directions and are often expected to be head cooks for our families - it makes it hard when you're trying to please everyone, but then not necessarily pleasing yourself. At least that's how it feels at times here.

      Well here's to both of us trying! If you ever get a fitbit let me know and I can friend you. It's nice to see others miles they're putting on as it brings on friendly competition to want to put on more miles myself. A really easy way to keep track of your exercise and how many steps you take in a day. ;)

      Happy week Hon! xo

      Delete
  9. Woo look at the buds coming up! Things are stirring now. You have such a beautiful view from your deck!
    We've recorded Game of Thrones too! Haven't watched it yet, as we're finishing off the last series of Parks & Recreation. I haven't tried the apple cider vinegar trick, you'll have to let us know if it works! Yesterday I got some summer clothes out to try on just to see how they fit. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I feared - I still have time to do something about it!! xx

    ReplyDelete