Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. It was a more quiet and productive one here - as in housework...such fun!! (not) And lots of hockey as both of my kiddos are starting their summer season (yep it's year round around here folks!).  Today feels like one of those sleepy Mondays. I woke up later than usual and I hate that scrambling feeling that comes from that. So I was rushing around this AM and now finally getting to this post a bit later than usual - but I'm ready now so let's go! 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

  Cold and gray! Boo!! It rained a lot yesterday & may rain more today too. This whole week is supposed to be colder - only in the 40's. However, extended forecast shows it getting nicer again by next week, so one gray rainy week helps the flowers grow, right?


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 a cinnamon raisin whole wheat english muffin with  little peanut butter & jelly and some strawberries. Coffee with hazelnut creamer.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see tiny sprinkles, gray sky and clouds. Kind of dark and dreary and is NOT helping me wake up!! 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sitting with my MIL. We're watching a morning news show and visiting now and then and sipping our coffee.  We were playing tug of war with Ruby and her chewie rope.  She loves that! Lol


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I have dishes left from last night - sometimes I just can't get myself to do dishes when I have loads 2 or 3 times in one day and just save them for the next day cuz I'm sick of them!! (even with a dishwasher). I made the in-laws a nice stuffed pork chop dinner last night and just didn't feel like loading the dishes so there they are.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Everything else is pretty tidy. I will throw in some laundry too. I've been trying to cut down calorie-wise more as I have been really good with my fitbit and working out -but trying to get better with meals. MIL and I will have a nice big salad with grilled chicken for lunch and then get out and about and run some errands I saved for today.  



CURRENTLY READING:

Still nothing exciting here - a bit of Outlander, mostly magazines at the moment. It was so nice last week I just spent a lot of down time outside. This cold week will probably drive me to get reading more - I hope.



ON THE TV TODAY:

I got my Outlander and Call the Midwife in this weekend. I still need to catch up on Game of Thrones and some food network shows. No Good Wife this week. 




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Another busy week - especially with hockey so keeping it easy. Making pork chops for the hubby & I, as due to hockey last night we did a lighter dinner and only made pork chops for the in-laws. So will be doing wild rice stuffing pork chops, scalloped potatoes and a green veggie salad this week for us. Then will do tacos one night for us and in-laws and make your own french bread pizzas (kiddos love) and salads another night. Will be making summer berry poke cake this week - did you hear that Alison?? Lol  Will keep you posted on that recipe. 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

 Catching up on travel scrapbook yet and was looking through by daughter's school years album and need to catch up there too....and both kiddos folders with artwork, awards etc. I have another fun project planned for the future but haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully next week or 2.



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing specific - although the flavor of poke cake I'm making I haven't made before - so I guess that's new.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Nothing new but I did find a couple articles about the apple cider vinegar for weight loss I was talking about last week.  One by a physician said the acidity in it does burn fat and you could put a teaspoon of it in a glass of water to drink before meals. But then another physician had an article from the Mayo Clinic (highly reputable famous hospital here in the States for my English friends) and she said it most likely doesn't burn fat - or not enough to make a real difference and that too much vinegar could irritate your throat with all that acidity and it can mess with some medications - like diuretics. So I guess the verdict is really out and I'll leave it up to you if you think it's worth taking or not. I still may try it for a while, or if nothing else will keep drinking a big glass of water before meals. 



FROM THE CAMERA:
enjoying the sunset with Ruby in our backyard


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with and everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."

Jeremiah 31:3

I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


8 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, Carrie!
    And I am like you...if I don't get right up and around in the morning...I'm playing catch up all day long!
    That drives me crazy!!!
    Your day sounds lovely...have a good one!
    Nothing new here...schooling and dinner and laundry. : )
    And if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering about your in laws. I was wondering if they lived with or very near you. I am always touched by the nice meals and things you do for them. : )
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo & happy Monday (although sometimes I think that is an oxymoron) Lol

      My Mom-in-law has Alzheimer's & I'm a caregiver for her a couple days a week, plus I cook for them a few days a week. They only live a few miles from us. That's what ya do for the love of family, right? ;)

      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Rain here too, yesterday and today. There is even talk of that dreaded s word in the weather report. :( Love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mari - we have that darn s word in our forecast too! Boo!!

      Stay warm & know it's fleeting. I saw lots of lilac buds on my MIL tree & her tulips are up! Won't be long.

      Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'm a ready and waiting for that poke cake!!! I hate it when I have dishes from the night before too, I need a bigger dishwasher! Have a good week, Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Finally the poke cake - Lol!

      I think I need a bigger dishwasher too - or put my kiddos to work more!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Your morning sounds a lot like mine... dark, dreary, overslept, dirty dishes!
    How beautiful to watch the sunset over the bay in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have an excuse to leave the dishes Laura - with a brand new wee one! ;)

      Happy week Sunshine! Xo

      Delete