Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello and Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely holiday Easter weekend.  We had quite a wonderful one here with lots of good food and fun time with family.  Now I'm ready to spring into a new week.  



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

  Kind of cloudy and chilly  - in the 30's.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and fruit. My kiddos are both home yet on Easter break so why not? Milk for them - coffee for me!


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It looks gray and cold - not much action otherwise.


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Getting ready for a busy day as I take care of my mom-in-law today and both kiddos are home. My daughter is home for her last day of her Easter break and my son is off for a full week of Spring break from his school.   Just watching some morning news and sipping my coffee.



AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still have some Easter dishes to finish up (got first big load done last night). Still have some laundry to get caught up with as well. We did quite a bit of heavy cleaning this past weekend, not only for the sake of hosting Easter dinner &having family over, but also to accomplish more Spring cleaning. So everything else is pretty tidy -  just the usual culprits of dishes & laundry.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Will work on some of the house chores. Probably run some errands with my daughter and MIL later.  



CURRENTLY READING:

I'm ready to start a new book but haven't decided which one I want to read next. I gave up on Outlander for now as I already started watching the next episodes on Starz and quite honestly I kind of like not knowing everything that will be happening next.



ON THE TV TODAY:

I was able to watch both Good Wife and Call the Midwife last night - love those shows and both SO GOOD!! I think I have some cooking shows to catch up on though.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

We still have a lot of Easter leftovers in the fridge and I haven't even thought about the next grocery trip yet. We'll eat leftovers, like ham sandwiches, early part of week, or maybe ham & eggs (or maybe egg bake).   But, I've been kind of hungry for pork chops so may do a pork chop or pork loin roast dish later this week for one of our meals. If it's nice out may even do pork chops on the grill with nice grilled veggies to go with it.  I just bought a lovely aged balsamic recently so maybe use that in the works for the meal too. The rest of the menu up in the air. 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still been in scrapbooking mode and catching up on my travel album. Might finish some cards I was kind of working on before too. 


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Maybe some new idea with this pork chop, pork loin roast idea...I'm still researching some recipes.


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I'm usually the one that picks up our mail each day and instead of just dumping the pile on the counter and leaving it to deal with later - I usually process it all right then and there. Anything that pertains in more of my hubby's world (certain bills etc) we have a drawer designated for all of his items like that and I put it right in there. Any garbage mail I shred and get rid of right away. Any surplus magazines, advertisements etc I throw right into recycling. By being efficient with it all right away clutter doesn't build up in the kitchen. At least that works for me anyway. 




FROM THE CAMERA:
our Easter salad which would be topped with poppyseed dressing and my homemade sugared pecans, always a hit and always yummy (plus kind of  darn pretty)





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm joining with Sandra at Diary of a STay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday


20 comments:

  1. That salad looks wonderful! A great tip about the mail, I used to do that but when I started working more, it all piled up a bit. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! When I was working full time outside the home I had the same problem with the mail. I try to be better now, but even so can still have pile up weeks! Lol

      Happy week ahead to you as well! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your salad looks so delicious!!! I am glad you had a good Easter and hope that you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a truly lovely Easter Amy and hope yours was as well. Have a wonderful week my Girl. xo

      Delete
  3. Your salad is yummy! Did you have snow last night?
    OX Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot! No snow yet, but they're predicting a mix tonight. Yuck!!

      Delete
  4. Yes!
    Lots of ham leftovers here too...
    Love not having to plan too much!
    Have a wonderful week, my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the nice part -and lots of leftovers for the in-laws and my Mom as well.

      Have a great week too sweet Lady! xo

      Delete
  5. Great devotional/quote!

    Now that salad looks good! I'm sure I'd love it, though I'm not sure I'm mature enough to resist just picking out the strawberries and oranges, eating them, and declaring, "I ate my salad for the day!" But certainly it's ok to give into temptation once in a while(?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're too adorable Bethany! I will share the full recipe of the salad later in the week and you can see what you think of it as a full composed dish. Lol

      Have a great week! xo

      Delete
  6. Yup, I deal with mail pronto too. Hubby says if it's not nailed down, I'll throw it out.

    Glad you had a nice Easter Carrie! I overindulged;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby is the same way! He's such a minimalist and I swear would throw everything away if he could! He tolerates my knick knacks and holiday doo dads pretty well considering, but not the mail/newspapers! Lol

      I ate more than my share as well, however isn't that what holidays are about? Trying to rack up the miles now on my fitbit. (sigh)

      Delete
  7. *That salad looks sooooo good!
    *I ABSOLUTELY hate clutter and do exactly the same thing with the mail!
    *Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! Great minds think alike! lol

      Have a great week as well! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I just love Call the Midwife! I haven't seen last nights episode yet - will probably watch it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - that and The Good Wife are my 2 favorites right now!! Get the kleenex out for this weeks Call the Midwife. I always cry at that show!! (but in a good way) Lol

      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  9. That salad looks so beautiful and delicious! I missed 'Call the Midwife' last night, but I did catch 'The Good Wife'. Pork chops sound good to me....oh, I am hungry right now! Glad to hear you had a good Easter.Have fun with the kiddos this week! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! If you didn't tape the Midwife show I think you can catch episodes online? So good!!

      I hope you had a wonderful, fun, but restful Easter holiday. Have a wonderful week ahead too dear Gal! xoxo

      Delete
  10. That salad looks good, although I think I might do the same as Bethany above and hook out those strawberries!! Sounds like you had a full on Easter weekend :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sharing full salad recipe soon - it was a full and lovely Easter day! Hope yours was too Hon. xoxo

      Delete