Friday, June 12, 2015

Five on Friday: Good Week

Happy Friday! 

For my five things today I thought I'd share some highlights of the goings on over this past week. 


ONE:











I've been loving some things around my home. I put up my strawberry garland (an etsy purchase long ago) for the summer. I love it hanging from the shelf above my scrapbook work station. How I wish I could crochet!! One day. I also love this caddy in my kitchen window that I thought I'd put some fresh herb clippings in, but I've been loving it for flower clippings instead. And after finishing with my hair and make up the other day I loved the light coming in through the stained glass bathroom window - thus a window selfie! Lol



TWO:






Annie's trampoline was finally put up and she's in heaven of course! And the weather has been lovely, so it's been wonderful deck time with family. My MIL was really good this week too so we had a lot of laughs.


THREE:







We've begun a new landscaping project! Do you remember where we had those stairs going down our hill - that then go down to our dock? Well we have such trouble with them peeling every year, and the faux wood decking is SO expensive. I said to the hubby, "why can't we just take a lot of it out and have a natural hill and think of a new way to access the stairs?" Well he went for it and we are now going to fill in that area and grow grass (the back hill yard really feels huge now!). Where the hill is steepest (where you see the well) is going to change. We're going to take out the well (it's not a functional thing) and put a platform deck there that will jut out over to the existing stairs left and take you down to the dock. We're dreaming of a stone fireplace there and it being a little party deck before heading down for a boat ride. Not sure if we'll get to the deck this year, that's why we left upper stairs there yet. We took out all the deck and railing around Annie's garden too. I put my little veggie trug back here now as you can see as it needed more sun. We plan to put down a new flagstone side walk that will run from the front of our house around Annie's garden and up to our existing deck. Big plans and we're hiring a landscaper for a bit of it too. We'll see how it goes - so stay tuned! 


FOUR:

All of the June magazines have been coming (& I've picked up a few) and I've had such fun lounging a bit more and doing some light summer "reading"! 


FIVE:








I've been continuing to love and care for my flowers and just love how they're thriving already. Look at that pink dahlia just taking off! Flowers make me so happy. How about you? 


 I'm linking with Amy from Love Made my Home for Five on Friday.

Thought I'd leave you with this video of Annie for a little flip for Friday too.








24 comments:

  1. Great things!!!! I love your strawberry garland - of course!!! It is so cute isn't it. The plans for your backyard sound wonderful, and as though you will be doing a lot of work. All very exciting indeed. I hope that it all goes well and that you will be very pleased with the results. Your MIL looks very happy sitting in the garden, I hope that you get lots more great times out there. Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy my Girl! Always a pleasure joining your Fri fun! We are thinking ambitious thoughts for the landscaping and probably only accomplish part of it for this year, but it will be great to make some much needed changes.

      We have been loving the backyard immensely and hope the lovely weather continues! It's truly been feeling like summer.

      Hope you had a great weekend too! xo

      Delete
  2. I smiled at the strawberry garland, Amy at love made my home has made one for her June mantel. They both look wonderful and are quite inspirational. I love the burlap around the jars, very impressive. The garden plans sound exciting, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! ;)
      Someday I will learn to crochet so I can make some of these things myself (like Amy) - and that will be impressive for me! Lol

      Happy weekend to you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi. Happened upon your blog at Love Made My Home. Another Wisconsinite. Yea! We live south of you about two hours. Enjoyed your Five on Friday. I'm going to add you to my Feedly list. Beautiful flowers. I hope my dahlias show up pretty soon. They and zinneas are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to meet you too Judy! I loved your blog and can't wait to catch up more and will add you to my feed too. Always nice to have a new blogger friend (& a neighbor in this case!).

      Zinneas are so beautiful and I've been loving my dahlia this year. It has been positively thriving! So nice to have some fresh cuttings here and there. Hope yours come up wonderfully too!

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Carrie! Looks like summer is in full swing with you and it's so wonderful to be able to emajor long summer days in the garden admiring the flowers and reading! Great selfie! I love your strawberry garland
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much Christine!
      Summer does feel like it's here and it's wonderful! And the back with the flowers and a good book or magazine is definitely my happy place. ;)

      I love having you stop by! Hope you had a lovely weekend. xo

      Delete
  5. Hello! Just popping in to "meet" you from a mutual blog friend's site. I really enjoyed your photos and the video. Just full of fun and it all made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri!

      I'm so glad you did and I love having new blogger friends! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and will have a great week ahead.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hello from southern California. So nice to meet you. It was so fun to read your post today and see your lovely photos. As for crocheting, you can teach yourself. I taught myself 40 years ago and that was way before you tube, etc! It's such a fun hobby. Enjoy your weekend. You live in such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat!

      Love having you stop by! I will eventually cave in and teach myself to crochet - I just keep putting it off so I catch up/keep up with my paper crafts.

      Love visiting your blog too. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! xo

      Delete
  7. I love the caddy and that photo of you. Both are very pretty!
    The landscaping plan is going to be very exciting.
    Annie is having fun. :)
    PS - Terri D is my blogging friend and she's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mari my Dear!

      Thanks so much and I can't wait to see how we're able to change up the landscaping! Loved meeting Terri and loved her blog too. ;)

      Happy weekend Doll! xo

      Delete
  8. Fun to have the trampoline! Love the landscaping! Beautiful bride/walkway down at the base of the hill! Love your dahlias also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie!

      Annie LIVES on the trampoline in the summer! Lol Good for getting all that energy out. I hope the further landscaping changes will go well. Fun to dream on what we want to do! ;)

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  9. Wonderful flowers, they look great. Good luck with your landscaping project, it all sounds really exciting. The strawberry garland is so cheery. Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Lots of work ahead and still figuring out what we're going to fully do but excited about the landscaping changes!

      Hope you're having a wonderful weekend too! xo

      Delete
  10. A beautiful garden - there is always something to sort out or try! Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And you're too right. :) My hubby is always teasing that the list will never end...and I think he may be right! Lol

      Happy weekend to you. xo

      Delete
  11. Well, it certainly sounds like your landscaping plans are big Carrie! It takes a lot of planning and time and as you said, it all may not happen as quickly as you'd like, but once it's finished it will be something you and your family will enjoy for years to come.

    Your flowers are simply gorgeous! It's obvious that wherever they are in your garden, they're happy there :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much my dear Doreen!

      It's fun to try to dream up what we want to do. And truth is our couple brutal winters of the past killed a lot of our shrubs and other areas are overgrown so it was just time for change. We're hoping to at least do half of what we'd like and can finish up the rest next year. Good things are worth the wait, right? ;)

      My flowers are definitely my happy place! Hope you're enjoying yours too! All of your hard work is paying off too and what you've accomplished already is beautiful. xoxo

      Delete
  12. I love that strawberry garland, it does look like Amy's! Great pic of Annie on the trampoline, they are good fun, aren't they. Good luck with the garden landscaping, it sounds like a big project to keep you busy! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thx Alison! Annie loves her trampoline & has such fun all summer with it. ;)
    Definitely big projects planned - we'll see how things turn out. Xo

    ReplyDelete