Friday, June 5, 2015

Five on Friday:Crazy Week

Hello to All! TGIF, right? It was a crazy busy week around here, but not that I'm complaining. There was a lot of fun "action" going on - but I am looking forward to a slow-down kind of weekend. I didn't get to post or visit yesterday as it was the big carnival day at school. It was a lot of work in the making and a ton of fun! But boy was I exhausted at the end of the day! More on that later in this post. For my five things today I thought I'd share a bit of what was making up this busy week.


First of all, it's the final week of school for my kiddos. One day this week my daughter had a presentation of a book that her class had made and they each read their section and served us iced tea and snacks. It was very sweet and they did a great job!  Here's a photo of my daughter that day - all dressed up and shining bright on a gray day:



There was also a "moving up" ceremony for my son at his school:

This means my son has officially left middle school and is moving up to high school. Yikes! Where did the time go???





I've also been trying to spend more time here:

I try to walk outside when the weather cooperates, but otherwise I use my treadmill down in our media room. It's rapidly becoming the season when I need to wear less clothing, which means showing more of actual "me" (super yikes!), so working on toning up quite a bit more. It's a never ending battle but always a stronger focus in the summer. I truly focus on exercise to maintain health too.




On the more pleasant weather days, I've also been out enjoying my flowers and caring for them and I love this bouquet of lilacs I showed you the other day that I picked from my in-law's yard. 

\This week has been about peak for the lilacs and blooming apple trees all around town. It smells so wonderful everywhere and is pretty to see when driving here or there. I've soaked it up all I could this week!





I also wanted to share that today is the final day of school for both kiddos and I was able to snap this photo of my daughter after she was showered and all ready and just about to head out for her last day!

she's growing up so fast ::sigh::



And the final thing I wanted to share was some quick photos from the carnival yesterday. It was a gray day but the weather was really pretty pleasant and not too cold otherwise. It's quite the event and I've been heading up the committee that puts this on for several years. We receive a generous budget and we begin working on it in January! We had 4 big different inflatable bounce houses/obstacle courses. We have some for each of the different levels of grades and one just for the special education students. Not to mention soccer, kickball, karaoke, some inflatable pony hops to race, a dunk tank, and a book walk with a scavenger hunt! It lasts the whole school day and we usually have about 40 parents volunteer at it! These are just a couple photos from my phone, but I took several with my good camera and haven't uploaded them yet.

Annie & her friend with "props" at the karaoke station


At the end of the day a bunch of the teachers used the pony hops the kids played on earlier to race each other. It was hilarious and the students LOVED it!


And what's better than a chance to dunk your principal?? Lol


I even captured a little video of a student hitting the bulls-eye and sending him in!





I'm linking with Amy from Love Made my Home for Five on Friday.







28 comments:

  1. Wow, the carnival looks like so much fun! I'm sure the kids had a blast!
    Those lilacs are beautiful - I just wish there was a way for me to smell them through the screen!
    Hope you get some well-deserved rest this weekend and congrats to both your children on completing another school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I think I'm finally recovering. Lol It's always such a great event and worth every bit of effort.

      I wish I could send you some lilacs so you'd have them up close!
      Sending you lilac perfumed thoughts.
      happy weekend! xo

      Delete
  2. That looks like fantastic fun! Well done for organising though, it takes a lot of effort to sort out, doesn't it? You finish school for the summer a lot earlier than us, it's Friday 24 July for us. But then we don't start back again until 7&8 September here. How long are your vacations? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!
      It's a lot of work but always worth it. My kiddos would weep if they had to go to school longer. Lol We do have summer school offered (which is about another 6 weeks during the summer -but it's an offering and not required). My son will probably go back end of August and my daughter first week in September. They get a nice long break.
      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  3. That seems really early to be finishing for the summer we don't break up until mid July. The carnival sounds amazing well done on a lot of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probably be good for my kiddos to go longer! Lol And they have done summer school at times in the past. But they break now until the end of August and early September.
      Happy weekend!! xo

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a very busy week that you have had!!! So much going on in your home and schools. It looks as though both children had a really good end to their school years!!! Your lilacs are beautiful aren't they! Thank you so much as always for joining in, you are so lovely!!!! I hope that you have a great and relaxing weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And thanks for always being a wonderful hostess!
      It was a lovely wrap up to their school years and now we're all looking forward to enjoying summer break.
      Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend as well! xo

      Delete
  5. Hi Carrie! It's my first visit to your blog via Five on Friday and I have to say you've had a super fun week with your kids! I really want a go on the pony hops now! So much fun! Hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine!
      Thanks so much and so happy to have you stop by! I have to confess I did try the pony hops and it wasn't pretty!! Lol The horse head kept hitting me in the face! It's much harder than it looks. ;)

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  6. The last day looks like such good fun! I have concerns about revealing the real me in the sunshine too, I discussed toning exercises with a male friend today, they never seem to worry ha! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!
      I know - it's not fair all that double standard stuff, darn men! ;)

      Hope you have a great weekend too! xo

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful post! So lovely! (Your son is so big! Mine's 9 tomorrow and I'm sat here, wondering where the time has gone!).....go you and your exercise regime! (I've been 'static' for a few weeks now and am determined to go for a run this weekend....too much work makes a chubbier Helen, and I don't like it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen!
      It was a wonderful wrap up to our year, but I'm kind of in denial that my kiddos are so old already!! It's going too fast. ::sigh:: We have to keep living in (& cherishing) these beautiful moments I guess.

      Good luck back to your workout grind too lovely Lady! If only it were a little more fun (like doing the pony hops) and felt like less work. ;)
      Happy weekend. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Yay for the carnival, my friend!!!!
    And your kiddos are so sweet!
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed, relaxing summer with them...
    And lilacs are my favorite. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo!
      Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed summer as well. I'm sure it's going to fly by too!
      Sending you beautifully perfumed lilac thoughts. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Looks like a fun last week for the kids.
    A high schooler? It comes too quickly!
    Our lilacs are done, but when I was at my Dad's today, he gave me a bouguet of his peonies, another favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!!! It's going too fast Mari - can't we do something to slow it down???

      I just love peonies too...they are so gorgeous!! Hope you and Bob have a wonderful and relaxing weekend. That's what I'm working on over here. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Great accomplishments! What a sweet little daughter! Love the carnival shots and the "moving up" ceremony shot. Yes, a busy week! Glad you could take a little time to enjoy those beautiful lilacs before they fade. Nice post! Have a wonderful (and restful?) weekend! My first time to be part of Friday Five and my first visit to your blog! I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie!
      Thanks so much and I'm so glad you stopped by!! It was truly a wonderful week. I just know the summer is going to fly as fast as the school year so need to soak up each precious drop of fun. ;)

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend! xo

      Delete
  11. Hello, it was great seeing your photos of your beautiful family. I miss the school routine as I'm an empty nester now. Those were the most wonderful years. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! I agree...and times when I feel overwhelmed or frustrated I take a deep breath and tell myself that. How these are the best years and they'll go too fast.

      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Your daughter looks positively lovely! Looks like a fun school event--but some of those children seemed overly happy when the principal got dunked! The lilacs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! It was a great day. The principal is actually really cool and I swear he knows every kiddo in our school by name!! (400 of them!). The 5th graders (highest level at our grade school) always get the chance to dunk him - and a few teachers as well. It's a hit! ;) xo

      Delete
  13. Wow! You have been busy! The carnival sounds like you put such a lot of work into it, but judging by the looks of the kids, it was a great success! I'll bet the kid who dunked the principal was a star after that ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of work but so worth it! The "graduating" class from our school (5th graders) always get the chance to dunk our principal the end of the year. He's a very cool guy and the kids love it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. Well done for organising the carnival, I know that there must have been hours and hours of work in that. It looks great fun. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It was a LOT of work - but definitely all worth it. ;)
      xo

      Delete