Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Happy June! I can't believe it's officially the month of summer already. But I'm ready to dig in and enjoy it!! It's going to be a busy week as both my kiddos are in the home stretch and this is their last week of school. It's going to be a week filled with activity including that large carnival I told you about earlier that has been consuming my world lately!! Lol. It's a lot of work but I truly love it and we all look forward to it every year. However, I won't mind giving up the "worrying about it" part once it's over. But let's focus on today.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

A little chilly (probably upper 40's) but supposed to get up into the 50's. It's bright and sunny though so that always helps on a Monday! And it's not raining which is amazing. It has rained every Monday for weeks and I know as my hubby & I couldn't golf in our league (which is on Monday's). However, our friends decided to brave it with us last week and we did golf in the cold drizzle. I will look much more forward to it tonight! 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and honey, cantaloupe, and iced coffee. 


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm enjoying the beautiful sunshine!! All of my flowers are looking so great too, I could gaze out at them and the water for hours.  


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to my daughter practice her piano while I type this - I guess she decided to jump right into her Monday. I need to bring her to school soon and then go pick up my MIL. I often do this post in stages. I start it first thing in the AM, then go pick up my MIL and finish when I get back. Or sometimes I don't even start it until I've gone and picked her up first. It just depends on how early I've started my morning.  I need to work on my grocery list yet too, so starting to think about what I'm going to make this week.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Need to throw a few dishes in the dishwasher. I think I'll make some brownies to have around as a treat a bit this week. I need to load next load of laundry too. Otherwise, still pretty tidy from the past weekend. We had Annie's friends over after we took them all to a movie and it remained pretty tidy around here. Lol The sun is coming through the trees and making pretty ripples of light through my curtain in my office. Love that. 



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Go grab groceries with my MIL, water my flowers and veggies with her (she loves seeing all the flowers), play with Ruby on the back hill, bake brownies. Good Monday stuff.



CURRENTLY READING:

Nothing really new here but stay tuned! 



ON THE TV TODAY:

Some cooking shows but not a whole lot taped right now. I'm glad too, it's the time of year to be outside more. 


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I think I'm going to do crock pot ribs with sides one day, spaghetti hot dish another day (in-law's meals). Then maybe chicken on the grill another night. Still figuring out what I want to make, but that's a general idea.  I've been craving s'more's so may have to have those after a meal this week! Mmmmm  



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Mainly some scrapbooking and I'm excited about a project I've had on the back burner for quite a while and will finally jump into this summer. So will see how it goes and I'll keep you posted! 



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new I'm planning as of now.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I saw this (I can't remember where) and thought it was a great idea! Take an old pop top container (like the kind I have my antibacterial wipes in to wipe down counters etc) and take off label and cover with pretty paper or card stock. Then put all your plastic bags left over from Target or stores like that -which we always keep and reuse on top of each other. So place one on the counter then another on top of it but towards the bottom of it and make a whole line up of bags. Then roll them all up and place them in your pop top container and you can pull them up one at a time as you need them. Contained all pretty but handy!



FROM THE CAMERA:

Love my pretty rustic cathedral window of flowers. Fills my senses and my soul!




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday

21 comments:

  1. Good Monday morning, my friend!
    Your day sounds cozy...
    Brownies are a favorite around here. : )
    And it is chilly here as well.
    I'm using the day to catch up on ironing and vacuuming...
    But I would much rather be out on the porch. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Billie Jo! I'd always rather be out on the deck. ;)
      The brownies turned out quite yummy: mocha fudge - can't go wrong,right?
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. One of the things I miss about living at home is listening to my little sister practice piano... And I'm looking forward to the day she starts teaching my boys so that I can hear those (mostly) beautiful notes in the background again!
    Glad you have some sunshine! It's raining here today but after a sunny, humid weekend, I'm glad my flowers and garden are getting watered.
    Have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love how you worded that Laura "mostly beautiful notes" - Ha ha! So you obviously did listen to your sis a lot in the past. Annie has improved a lot and is really fun to listen to her practice, especially with songs we all know.

      Hope you get sunshine soon and happy week ahead! xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Carrie, always love your Monday mornings! Sounds like a good start to the week - brownies do it for me any day! It's so wonderful that you have a piano player in the family. Not one of us is musically inclined here :( , although my hubby should have had a drum set when he was young! Now he just uses the steering wheel - ha ha! Hard to believe it is already June - I am so happy about that! S'more's sound so good right now. Love all your decorating in your last post and l<3ve your tile floor! Raining here today, so just hanging out inside catching up on housework. Hoping you get some sunshine this week, my friend! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Ha - love the comment about your hubby playing the steering wheel! I can totally visualize that (& have to admit I like to do that myself at times). Maybe I should have taken drums too.;) I was a flute player when I was young and sang in the church choir - that's the extent of it for me. Both of my kiddos love music and Aaron played guitar for a few years. Annie is getting pretty good on piano and wants to take voice lessons.

      I did give in to a s'more the other night and it HIT THE SPOT! Lol
      Thanks so much for the nice comments - I love the tile in this house too. Can't take credit for much of it as the previous owner had it done.

      Hope you have a lovely week! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sounds like another full week at your house! I look forward to seeing more of your crafting project. Your window planter is lovely, I would have put geraniums in that too! They are such cheery happy plants aren't they! Hope you have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I just love geraniums too!! I have several this year. Happy week to you dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  5. Sounds like another busy week for you.

    I love that tip for the bags - I hate the unsightly site and your idea would cure that :D

    Love that little planter. I bet it will be absolutely stunning as the blooms get bigger.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! I so agree about the bags! I haven't tried it yet as I'm waiting for my wipes container to get empty. Lol

      Hope you have a great week! xo

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely Monday! I smiled reading about you working on your post in stages. That's pretty much how I make my weekly post as well. Hope your kids have a great last week of school and of course, that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Oh good- I'm so glad I'm not alone about the blog in stages things. ;)

      Hope you have a great week too my Dear! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading about your Monday. I like Mondays since they're another fresh start. I hope you weren't too chilly on the golfcourse! It rained and cooled down considerably here on the weekend too ... back to pants & fleeces!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!
      I love doing the Monday posts as they seem to get me all sorted out for my plans for the day and week ahead.

      It was actually quite nice at golf. It's out in the country from where I live and it was warmer out there. 60 and sunny - so perfectly pleasant!

      Hopefully the summer wardrobe can come out soon. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love your cathedral window planter.
    Sounds like you had a good day. It started very cool here too.
    The bag idea is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - it's my favorite planter! I love the rustic beauty of it.

      Hope we both get warmer weather soon! Happy week. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your planter is beautiful! And brownies sound really good right now, lol :-) Tis that time of year to get the summer in full swing with activities :-)

    Wanted to let you know you are the winner of the Minted giveaway! If you can email me your email address I will send the code to you! jill58972@gmail.com

    Have a great day and congratulations!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill!
      And yippeee!! I won!! Thank you so much. It'll be so fun to browse through all of the wonderful goodies by all those talented artists.

      Now I have a reason to have an extra pep in my step. ;)
      Blessings to you for a great week & thanks again! xo

      Delete
  10. I love that rustic flower planter! It's gorgeous. Sounds like you had a wonderful Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! I found that planter last year and was so happy to put it out for the season this year too.
      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  11. Ooh brownies, yum! You're making me hungry now which is bad as I am trying sooo hard to be good and cut out snacks and sweet treats for the moment. All I can think about is food!! Love your cathedral window planter and geraniums are a fav too. I hope the carnival goes well, it sounds such fun! xx

    ReplyDelete