Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Movie Party Favor Bags

A few weekends ago my daughter had her birthday party celebration with friends and she chose to go to the movies. Her birthday was a little earlier in May and we celebrated as a family then. But she wanted to see the movie Tomorrowland for her party with her friends and so that's what we did a couple of weekends ago, as the movie had finally come out by then.

After the movie we brought all of the girls back to our house for DQ ice cream cupcakes and at the end of the party I sent each Gal home with their own movie goodie bag.

I will share an easy "formula" for fast fun favor bags (say that 5 times fast!) in a minute. First a few more shots of the fun day...








Annie is blessed with wonderful friends! And her cousin even slept over - so all in all a great birthday weekend for my Girl. Now back to the favor bags.


One really easy way to do favor bags is with brown lunch bags. I always have these on hand for the kiddos' lunches for field trips, crafts, and gifting food to neighbors or friends. I took my round scrapbook template and cut out these fun pink circles. Then I used "thank you" stickers to put in the middle and a variety of movie related stickers (popcorn, ticket and candy).  Imagine, though, for any theme you're doing you could pretty much find stickers that could match it.


I then filled the bags with microwave popcorn (of course) and a variety of candy and the little things girls like: koo koo birds, fun pencils and colored "grippies", and chapstick.  Such an easy way to pick a theme for a party and filling it with some items that relate to that theme. You could be as creative as you want to be and still be fairly inexpensive (think dollar store).  Or even have your child color the outside of the bags for their guests and decorate it themselves. You can often buy packs of bags like these in white as well.



When the girls were done eating their treats on the deck I took my tote of bags and handed them out. They were a hit! Of course there was the usual trading of different flavored chapsticks and types of koo koo birds. Girls will be girls after all. 



18 comments:

  1. I love your party favor idea! So cute & creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE party favor bags! And don't you just love that age group! So much fun.
    P.S. I can only contact you through your blog. Have you thought about connecting your email to your blog? (Then I wouldn't have to write silly and public messages like this). Also thanks for commenting this morning. I too love our son's sense of humor. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I guess I feel better not having my email as public but I'll gladly share it with you now. ;)
      carrie@bachandgroup.com
      Have a great rest of the week my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to finish up Annie's Birthday celebrations!! I meant to say yesterday and forgot, I like your new blog look too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's always fun to get a new look. :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Carrie, this is a darling idea! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia! The kiddos loved it. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. What a fun party! Your treat bags are a great idea, and I know they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Just simple - but effective. :) Sometimes those little touches add all the difference. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Fun party!! I want to see that movie too!! I always love doing goodie bags, love the movie theme idea. Annie has the best mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon!
      The movie was good. At times I worried if it was a bit "much" for the group of Gals, but they seemed to like it too. It had a good message. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. What a fun birthday celebration for your daughter!
    Lip Smackers and Nerds sounds right up my 10-year-old alley! My favorite was always watermelon flavored. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!
      I always loved watermelon flavor as a favorite (& secretly still do). Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. What a great idea, I bet the girls just loved them! My girls just love those chapsticks and all the different flavours too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were a hit Alison! I remember loving those chapsticks even when I was a young gal. Some things never change. ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete