Thursday, June 16, 2016

Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs (& some extra Baby Pages)

Hey Folks! 


Today I wanted to share a yummy chicken and pineapple kabob recipe that I made over the Memorial Day weekend. We had burgers on the grill, but I also made these skewers from a recipe I found on pinterest. They were really yummy! The unfortunate part is that I forgot to take photos - so all I caught was this one at the end after I had taken most of the meat and fruit off the skewers and put them onto a tray...and most of my family & company had already helped themselves. So here's the photo I caught:

Can you see all the holes in the fresh pineapple & chicken from the skewers? Lol

But here's the photo from pinterest where I found the recipe:

These sweet and sour pineapple chicken kabobs turned out awesome and they are so simple! If you are looking for something a little different to try on the grill these are the ticket!:

A much better shot and this is a lot like how mine looked when they were being grilled. This recipe is pinned to my "grilling" board on pinterest and you can find it here.  It's a recipe from The Domestic Beast blog.



And here is the recipe right from pinterest:

Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Ingredients
    Sweet and sour sauce
  • 3/4 C. Brown sugar
  • 4 TBS Ketchup
  • 1/2 C. Apple cider vinegar
  • 1 TBS Soy sauce or Raw coconut aminos
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 TBS Cornstarch
  • Kabobs
  • 2 Large Chicken breasts in 3 inch cubes
  • 1 Large pineapple cut into 3 inch cubes
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.
Instructions
  1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on low while mixing.
  2. Add cornstarch after sauce is well combined and continue to heat on very low heat until the sauce starts to steam a little, do not boil.
  3. Cube chicken and pineapple, add to skewers alternating pineapple and chicken.
  4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
  5. Grill over medium heat turning as needed, brush with sauce after all sides have started to cook.

They were so tasty and had a sweet and tangy asian style flavor. On the blog that shared the recipe I saw that they served them over rice...which I think would be yummy too. I think the sauce was so yummy and the chicken and pineapple went together great. I think if I were to do them again as a skewer I'd add some green or red peppers for extra veggies as I think they would grill well and taste great with this sauce/glaze, plus be a way to add some veggies.  


Or I would just grill all the parts separate from each other: like all the chicken on one skewer, all the pineapple on the other etc. It was hard to get the chicken and pineapple all the consistent same size together, so the pineapple chunks would touch more and got more charred and it was harder to the chicken to touch the grill & cook up fast enough. Or better yet, just grill the chicken as whole breasts and the pineapple in rings and place on top of the chicken when it's done. The flavors were wonderful, so definitely worth grilling one way or another!



 I also thought I would share a few more pages out of the baby album that I meant to share yesterday and forgot them. So here's a little baby gift scrapbook addendum for you:



I had to share these sweet "big sis" pages. I think she's pretty excited (at least for now) about her baby brother.








And how sweet are these bath time stickers that I found? Rubber ducky, bubbles and all. It was so much fun putting together this album! Thanks for indulging me in sharing a bit more.  xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Chicken with pineapple is always a winning combination, and especially with the sweet and sour sauce. What a great family recipe. The baby album is completely adorable - what gorgeous stickers can be found these days. Happy weekend Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish!! It is so much fun to shop for the perfect stickers or papers that fit the project! ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Yummy! These sound delicious!! Love the little bath stickers, they are so cute and I like the dimension on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I feel in love with them as soon as I saw them. Perfect stickers for that page. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. oh yum these look delicious! Don't you just love Pinterest? So many great ideas!
    Your albums look awesome :-) Have a fabulous weekend!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Yes - pinterest rocks!! I could spend far too much time on there if I let myself. Lol xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of coconut aminos? I guess I need to get out more :).

    Chicken and pineapple with a sweet and sour sauce? Ummmmm...yeah!!

    (Beautiful pages, but what else is new?).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what that aminos stuff is either!! Lol

      Thanks for the sweet comments, but what else is new. :P

      Just love you Lady! Haha xo

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness, that recipe sounds, and looks delicious!! My husband would probably enjoy it! I'll have to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete