Monday, June 27, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday Friends!


How was your weekend? Are you ready to begin a new week? I feel lazy and slow today, but I'm finally getting started and jumping into this day. It was a busy weekend of soccer tourneys for both kiddos, belated Father's Day gatherings and jobs around home. One good thunderstorm, but otherwise wonderful weather that I was able to get out for many walks and enjoy. All and all a great weekend. Hopefully it will be a lovely week ahead too! 

 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Cloudy and cooler- which I don't mind at all. We've really had some warm weather (for my northwoods) lately. Today it's in the 60's with nice cool breeze, so I have many windows open to let the fresh air inside. We've had the a/c on a lot lately it feels. Looks like a lovely week ahead too - mostly in the 70's. 






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Toast with butter and homemade jam I made this weekend and it was GOOOOD!! And a cup of coffee.






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Cloudy and gray - which maybe isn't helping with my sleepy factor. However, I'll get my post done here and then get moving to accomplish some chores around here and hope it will help me wake up. 







RIGHT NOW I AM:

In my office listening to John Michael Talbot on Pandora. Meditative and soothing Christian music and getting my devotional stuff out and ready. Also, looking at my list for my week ahead. 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I was more of a slacker yesterday, so I have some work ahead of me. I need to load the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen and the laundry is ready for the next load. Also, need to change our sheets and finish cleaning in our master bedroom - which I didn't accomplish yesterday. I need to go give my flowers some love and do some dusting too. 








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to accomplish the above mentioned chores, do my devotional time, and get in some exercise yet today.  I also want to take time to come around and visit blogging buddies soon!  I need to get my weekly schedule worked out too. The kiddos have lots of sports practices this week.









CURRENTLY READING:

 I have had so many of my magazines come recently and I still haven't caught up on them!! I need to get through them so then I feel I can get back to reading a book again.







ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched Outlander but need to catch up on Game of Thrones. I still have some Hallmark shows to catch up on yet. A very guilty pleasure of ours is Big Brother (we often watch as a family) and we caught up on that last night. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: slow cooker German potato salad, grilled burgers, salad, fruit


TUESDAY: jambalaya 


WEDNESDAY: probably breakfast for dinner (mini pancakes, eggs, fruit)


THURSDAY: pasta bake, cheese toasts, caesar salad



FRIDAY: hoping date night dinner out - will be shopping for July 4th weekend groceries too







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Finishing up a cross stitch project, scrapbook catch up (as always), cookbook stuff. I did get my little summer banner done!






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

This week I will be sharing the homemade jam and strawberry pie recipes I made this weekend with fresh farm berries....and both were fabulous!!







TIP OF THE WEEK:

When processing fresh picked berries...don't wash right away, but keep dry on paper towel lined cookie sheets and they will keep longer until you can get to them. 




FROM THE CAMERA:



The berries I picked up from a farmer selling them late last week - and the jam and pie process in the works. Will share more on Thursday!


pansies, lilac and bleeding hearts from my yard & pots




My Mom has a bad back and neck and had tweaked them the other day, so I got extra Angel puppy love, as I went to help her out and take Angel for a long walk to tire her out a bit and give Mom a bit of a break. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



Have a wonderful week my Friends! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a busy week planned. Great tips! Your moms dog is so cute! I linked my HHM post too. I am following you. I hope you can come over and visit.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HOn! I will need to come by and say hello. ;)
      Blessings on the rest of your week. xoxo

      Delete
  2. LOVE the shots of your beautiful kitchen!
    And we do our Fourth of July shopping on Friday too!!!
    Have a great week, my friend.
    Yay for Big Brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie! I always love when I see your kitchen too. ;) Yay for fun weekends coming and more Big Brother drama. Lol!! Love it!
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Monday! I am feeling the same way today not so much lazy as DRAGGING lol Love your kitchen. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Row! Blessings on the rest of your week and hope we both find more energy. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I really need to get my butt in gear and pick some strawberries. Just in time for your recipes!

    Ok, would you hate me if I told you I love angel almost as much as Ruby?? Truly, they're both adorable!

    We finally have some much needed rain today. It seems like our weather has been a bit warmer than usual also, but I'm not complaining. It's just that we need rain. Our lake is lower than ever this year.

    Have a great week, and I'll be keeping my eye out for those strawberry recipes. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I wouldn't hate you Doreen - as I love Angel almost as much too!! Lol She's such a little Doll (although she has LOTS of energy in one little bundle).
      HOpe you get all the rain you need. Blessings on the rest of your week. xoxo

      Delete
  5. LOVE your inspiration! The strawberry tip is great too. The same works for raspberries, blackberries and blueberries too.

    Sounds like you're busier than ever with the kiddos home. Your weather sounds like heaven too. I really miss Michigan summers as well as Trillium flowers!

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Yep, it's a great way to keep those berries nice and dry.

      We really have been blessed with some perfect summer days. Loving it while it lasts (it's so short herre!). ;)

      Blessings Sweetie! xoxo

      Delete
    2. LOL yes it is super short. I remember that by August I was laying firewood for the late September eves.

      Delete
  6. We are supposed to get cooler weather tonight. The last few days have been hot and humid!
    I love the strawberry tip. I just picked up a few quarts and will try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely and just perfect summeryness (yes, I'm saying that's a word). HOpe your humidity goes away as that is the worst!

      Loving the wonderful seasonal produce lately. So yummy!! REcipes to come tomorrow. ;)

      Blessings HOn. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Oh, those strawberries look lovely. And pie sounds amazing. :)
    Happy Tuesday!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!! ;) Happy Wednesday now to you!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hope your week is going well! Love those white bleeding heart flowers. Those strawberries also look really good and remind me I picked just a few up at the store that need to be eaten soon.

    ReplyDelete