Friday, June 24, 2016

Five on Friday: Artwork

Happy Friday to you my Friends!!  


I thought for my 5 today I would share some of the artwork Annie did at her recent art camp. It lasted a Monday through a Friday and went all day each day. She did it with a friend and just loved it! They did other fun things like daily field trips next to the big lake (Superior) as the class building was located by it. They would go hike around, sketch and collect things like rocks and driftwood to incorporate into their art. They had quiet and reading/drawing time, snacks, and lunch within the day as well. It was at very cool art studio with beautiful views of the lake. At the end of the week they had a pizza party and invited the parents and family to attend and come look at their art gallery all set up with the artwork the kiddos had accomplished that week. My Mom (Annie's "Nana") went with me and it was so fun to see them so proud to show off their artwork. 


ONE










I'll start with 2 of my favorites. Annie painted that beautiful northwoods sunset. I put it up on our mantle and I love it as it reminds me so much of our beautiful bay at sunset - a favorite time for me!  And I love this coffee painting (they're both on canvas with acrylics) as she painted it just for me. She knows how much her mama loves her coffee! Lol And I put it against the backsplash on my stove top for now. How fitting next to the banana bread I had baked that day, huh? ;) 





TWO




I love this neat sculpture and I put it on our hearth next to the fireplace for now. Annie said they were inspired by stained glass, or sea glass you might find on the beach. They painted the stands and then threaded the material in different colors on it. Annie picked this color palette herself. When you hold it up against a window the materials are more sheer than they seem in this pic and it looks more like stained glass. I just didn't have a window spot I liked for it right now. Might switch to our bedroom windowsill eventually.





THREE



She painted the above frame in her favorite color of blue and isn't sure what she wants to do with it, but she put it in her room for now. And then she pickled this block of wood and glued on lake rocks and pieces of driftwood  to make her name and a flower...added a hanger - and she also put this in her room.







FOUR




She also did this lovely painting (also on canvas) of hydrangea (also a favorite of mine) and I put this one on my bedroom dresser. 






FIVE



And here's Annie with her friend she went to the camp with that week (there were about 15 - 20 kids overall ranging from ages 7 or 8 years old up to 16 years). Annie is the taller one on the right. This is a painting they worked on together. They each painted a half on canvas and when you put them together it makes a pretty campfire with a "best friends forever"  (BFF) moon. ;) Annie is keeping her half in her room. 

She also painted a beautiful very zen-like picture of bamboo and white flowers and gave it to my Mom as it fit well in her house and she just loved it! I forgot to take a photo of it though. She did several other little projects too, but didn't want to bombard you too much. Lol



I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.













33 comments:

  1. Wow Annie is very talented , they are all gorgeous. I do love the coffee painting (as a big coffee lover myself!).
    Ps We are looking forward to Annie's letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! She just loved the class! Such fun and now I have fun new artwork everywhere. Win win. ;)
      Hope the girls have fun doing the letters and can keep it up.
      Blessings Sweetie! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You certainly have a very talented daughter. The coffee painting is amazing. Great five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much my Dear! Means a lot from a talented Lady like you. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the coffee painting, how the steam spells out the word. All those works of art are amazing. she's very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean!! I think she did such a great job too. And she had tons of fun, and of course that's the most important part. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love this, Carrie! What sweet and precious keepsakes she has made and so generous to give them away to loved ones, too! She certainly has a real talent. I absolutely love them all, but my favorite is the hydrangea painting. I have one very similar of sweet peas in a blue glass jar. It was my Mom's and she bought it in an art gallery :) It's my very favorite painting and I'm sure you are going to treasure yours. Sounds like a wonderful week for your sweet girl. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen!! And so true - they'll be lovely keepsakes to come. ;) I love that sweet hydrangea one, especially because (like the coffee one) she did it specifically thinking of me and my loves. Such a Darlin. ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful camp, I'm very impressed with her work, you can tell that she really put herself into her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet! She really loves doing anything artsy and I just love that. We relate well in those ways. Lol
      Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Beautiful artwork. It sounds like Annie had a lot of fun at her camp.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon! She really enjoyed it so much. Blessings on the weekend ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I think Annie is very talented! I bet she had loads of fun there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mari! She had a blast and wished it'd been longer. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Beautiful!!!
    She is quite talented!!!
    Have a cozy weekend, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie Jo! Blessings on the rest of your week. xoxo

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful place for your daughter to explore her artistic side, she's a very talented artist and must have had loads of fun with her BFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I love that she enjoys her artistic side too!! She's a sporty one too - which she shares more with her Dad. I love sharing the "artsy" in her. ;) And it was made all that much more fun with a BFF.

      Blessings! xoxo

      Delete
  10. What a great camp! I love Annie's artwork especially the blue hydrangea and the coffee cup. The coffee one would go well in my kitchen next to my cupcake painting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!! She loved it and embraced it beautifully. I loved watching her progression through the week. The coffee one would look lovely in your kitchen too! Lol! If she ever does another I'll send it your way. ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  11. It looks like the Apple didn't fall far from the tree Carrie. Annie is very, very talented!

    (Sunsets are my fav part of the day too).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh go on you sweet talker you! Thanks Doreen! ;) She loved the class so much and it made my heart happy that she did.

      Blessings and sending you pretty sunset wishes. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Her projects are all so beautiful!!! I love the northwoods best of all because that is your home, but I expect that your daughter loves the BFF one most because of what it means to her. I am sorry to be so late visiting, we had a minor domestic drama yesterday - nothing serious in the end, all ok - but I didn't get a change to do any blogging. Thank you so much for taking part in Five On Friday, I do appreciate it! Hope you are having a great weekend! p.s. drama was with Man, all is OK though thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Thanks so much and I think you're right about her love for the BFF painting. ;)

      So sorry to hear about more issues. TRuly grateful it all turned out okay. He sure keeps you guys on your toes (sigh). Prayers for peace in that department the rest of the summer.
      Blessings!! xoxo

      Delete
  13. Congratulations to Annie. I predict a bright future in the artistic world for this young lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patsy! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  14. My Dear Friend, I hope you're having more luck with your health program than I've been having with mine. I'm still down eight pounds from the beginning of the year, but that's where it ended. I'm still playing catch up, but took the week off to spend some of my kid's inheritance (they don't mind), and next week will be work, work, work. THEN back to health and fun with the T's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still down a little too Patsy - but up and down with my program as well. I think summer is an even busier time around here with all of my kiddos' activities, which just doesn't help. I need to come visit you soon too. I'll pop over when I'm able. Just remember that we need to keep taking it one day at a time and be thankful for any positive steps we take. Love and praise ourselves - no negative talk. Just keep doing our best! xoxo

      Delete
  15. What a talented daughter you have! Encouraging children to create is so important. The BFF painting is such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorrie! I think she did great too, and I completely agree that encouraging that creative side is so important.
      Blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  16. Thanks for letting us enjoy seeing Annie's artwork, Carrie! She and her BFF are so cute, and I can imagine them having a wonderful time at camp. I especially like the hydrangea painting, the sunset, and the cup of coffee. Now in my sixties I am getting the chance to experiment more with arts and crafts and am enjoying it so much fun. In our elementary school we had to choose between taking art or music classes from third grade on...I love the music experience I had, but wish I could have had art classes as well...so am especially happy for Annie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gracie! ;) Annie and her BFF were so cute and giggly about their camp too. But when I would pick them up at the end of the day they were always so excited to show me around and have me look at what they accomplished. So much fun! And I agree that kiddos should get to have both art and music! Both so important. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  17. Love the sunset and pine trees!!! And the coffee painting too!
    I need to spell things on boards with nature. Such a good idea!

    Going crazy here!! Siding problems on the house and now the Dr. thinks I have kidney stones.
    Catching up on your blog. Enjoy the flowers.
    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete