Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday Wonder

A PEACEFUL WALK


Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed by all the things going on in the world in general...or more specifically in my own world  - I like to walk. I put in the headphones, grab the poochie, and go where there are woods or water around me.  I think, I meditate, I release stress, I pray....and repeat until I feel right in my world again.












Buttercups always make me smile.












Daisies and Indian Paintbrush pretty as a painting.


“Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.”
~ John F. Kennedy

“If you want to end the war then Instead of sending guns, send books. Instead of sending tanks, send pens. Instead of sending soldiers, send teachers.” ~ Malala Yousafzai (17 year-old Noble Peace Laureate)







I was walking past the lupins and bridal veil spirea and I could smell their sweet fragrance in the air, just like perfume. I was listening to Claire de Lune on my headphones and I had the volume low enough that I could still hear the sound of bird song too. I was watching a little swarm of gnats dance around in a sunbeam and they moved like they could hear the music too. If you've ever been to Las Vegas - it reminded me of the Bellagio fountains dancing in time to the music. And I found my peace and knew God was here and all was still right with my world. 



“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” 

~ Albert Einstein


Blessings and peace to you. xoxo




19 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie, what a beautiful, heartfelt post! I feel peaceful just looking at your lovely photos and reading the wonderful quotes. Sometimes it is a helpless feeling witnessing what is going on in this world of ours. We do what we can.....praying, being kind, and trying to maintain balance in a world that keeps throwing rocks at us. Nature and great writings always keeps me sane, too. Thank you for sharing, my friend. Hugs and blessings for your day xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Karen - we just need to keep doing the things we can and strive for that balance. thank you my Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lovely, my friend.
    Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photos. Walking is so good for the body and soul, isn't it? I'm glad your menfolk are home safely and that the storm didn't cause too much damage. Take care, dear lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Just noticed your header pic of Ruby riding shotgun on the boat! Or is she driving?! How cute, she's made me smile :-) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Alison! It does seem at times that nature is one of the few things that can soothe the soul (my God time comes with it). ;) We survived the storm very well btw. And I loved that shot of Ruby too. It's actually in the back of our pontoon....but I loved that it looks like she's driving!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Glad you found some peace while you were walking. It is definitely soothing to the soul. The flowers are beautiful aren't they. They look as though they were planted and arranged to be beautiful! xxxxxxxx (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It does look that those flowers were planted purposely doesn't it? Love it. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Well that is a lovely image. I put Clair de Lune to a flower video a few years ago. Perfect choice of music! I also get the most peace from getting outside. Beautiful reflective post Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherry! That music was so perfect for that day. So grateful God gave us such beauty as a reminder and brings hope. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Nature is by far the most soothing of teachers.

    Lovely thoughts and photos Carrie.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that my wise and zen Friend. Thanks Hon! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Nature is by far the most soothing of teachers.

    Lovely thoughts and photos Carrie.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Carrie.... there's just nothing like nature to soothe our souls. :-) Enjoy your evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Jill! So true. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  9. Just perfect! I feel peaceful after reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - glad it touched you that way. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love to walk too. Our wonderful WI walks in nature. Love the John Muir poster!

    Hugs and Sunshine,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete