Thursday, June 9, 2016

Triple Berry Cobbler

Hello Friends! 


I hope this week has been good to you. But in case it hasn't, I think this recipe would help cure whatever is troubling you. ;)  







I decided to make this dessert for Memorial Day - and it was really yummy and perfect for the occasion. Not only the beautiful colors the berries provided, but it was so tasty too! I forgot to get photos of it "in progress" when I was making it. 


So you'll just have to settle for photos of the end result - which are quite pretty with all those jewel color berries, don't you think?








And part of the excuse for this dessert is to show off my new Temptations berry pan. I thought it was perfect for this dessert, as it has raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries in it! I LOVE Temptations (dishware and bakeware you can find on QVC)! Do any of you have some of their stuff? It's so wonderful because it's hand painted and pretty - but very affordable. Plus, it goes in the freezer, dishwasher, microwave and oven all safely. I'm not associated with QVC, or getting anything for saying any of this. Just sharing my genuine love of Temptations dishes! ;) 

 Anyway, on with the recipe. I found this recipe here, which I used to base this on...but I changed a few things. It called for more sugar and water than what was needed.  We ate ours warm with creamy vanilla bean frozen yogurt.  Yum!!! So here's the recipe I did:



  • 1 cup granulated sugar
    4 tablespoons butter
    1 cup milk
    2 cups flour
    4 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 cups berries (Berries can be frozen, just add 3-5 minutes more cooking time. I used a frozen mixed bag of blueberries, blackberries & raspberries)
    ¾ to 1 cup granulated sugar (original recipe called for more sugar here – but this is about right for that sweet/tart flavor, which I prefer. If you want it sweet add more)
    3 tablespoons butter
    1  cup or so boiling water (the original recipe called for much more water, and it’s not needed)

    DIRECTIONS

    Cream butter and sugar together, then add milk on slow speed.
    Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet a couple of tablespoon at a time, until smooth.
    Batter should be thick.  Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan and scatter berries over top. Sprinkle with the other ¾ to 1 cup sugar and pour the boiling water carefully over the top, dot with remaining 3 tbsp butter.
    Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.



Enjoy! 


I'm linking with Scrapality for this weekend's Scraptastic Saturday party.


Scraptastic Saturdays every Saturday @ 8 PM EST.




17 comments:

  1. That is beautiful and looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
    I have a friend that has quite a bit of that line of dishes. I really like them, but have never purchased any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! They're so functional, yet so pretty. Love them! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your berry dish even more than the recipe Carrie. It is beautiful, and unlike anything I have seen here. I'm planning to try your cobbler - Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I know just what you mean - when I saw it I HAD to have it and didn't matter what I was going to put in it. It was just so pretty. Lol xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yummy! And that dish compliments it perfectly! The boys and I are planning on making a triple berry pie today to bring to a family bbq this weekend. There's nothing quite as simple and satisfying as a fruit crumble when you're in the mood for a casual summer dessert but don't feel inclined to rolling out a pie crust in a hot and humid kitchen right!? ;) Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe!
    Hope you and your family are well! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!! Miss you so much Lady!! I completely agree that easy fruit dessert and summer just go hand in hand. ;)

      I hope that you and your beautiful family are doing great as well!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It looks scrumptious Carrie, I do like berry desserts! I love the dish too, that make is new to me, I will have to google it :-) I hope Annie's school carnival went well and the weather played nice for you. Have a marvellous weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! You mainly find these dishes on QVC. Do you have QVC "across the pond"? Hhmmm....I may need to check on that.

      The carnival went great, even if the weather wasn't perfect, at least it didn't rain! ;)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ok Missy, you better stop posting these yummy recipes! How in the world do you expect me to ever fit into my thong if I keep eating like this? Have you no consideration? Have you no mercy? Have you no empathy? Or are you trying to save the world from a frightening site? Hummmmmm????

    (Love the dish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I just snorted out loud when I laughed - you cheeky monkey you!! Lol!!!

      I know, I yell at myself for liking to bake too much. Not a good hobby to have when trying to lose weight. I share the finished products a lot! I try to spread the calories around....although plenty still end up on my own hips. ::sigh::

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love berry recipes!!! Apple in Autumn. Like the dish too! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    I agree with Doreen! LOL
    Heads up, SB has her new bead to match the new cookbook in her store now.
    Hugs,
    Margot
    Stay safe in tonight's storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dearest Margot!

      I'm with you - berries and summer. Yum!! Apple crisp in Autumn - heaven! ;)

      I did see that about SB. I can't wait to get the new cookbook (I pre-ordered - Lol).

      Hope all is well with you Lovie. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love berries and am sure that I would love this! I love your dish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tasty! Biggest thing is sugar the dish according to your fruit's sweetness to make it really just right (not too sweet or too bitter) ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. oh this looks so yummy! I am following you and had to come back once I saw this dish! saving recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE cobblers! Especially during the summer. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete