Thursday, June 2, 2016

Easy Ham & Cheese Breakfast Pizza

Good evening Friends! 


I know it's really late posting today, but it seems sometimes this is the only real time I have to myself. Only I'm usually really tired by now. Lol However, I have a little energy now - plus I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow...so thought I'd do this one because I think I can share it pretty quickly. 


Our family loves breakfast for dinner. So tonight I made a quick and easy breakfast pizza that was really yummy - so thought I'd share. I had ham on hand - but what I love about a dish like this (or even egg bake) is that you just use what your family loves for toppings or what you have available. Easy and tasty...that's my favorite! Lol ;) 








First, I took a bag of simply potatoes brand hashbrowns and spread them on a lightly greased sheet pan (I used a smaller jelly roll pan). Feel free to use a pizza pan or whatever works for you. Also, use any hasbrowns you'd like as long as they're thawed. I would guess about 3 to 4 cups of hashbrowns total. I then poured a little melted butter over the top and salt and peppered them. Bake at 425* for about 20 minutes.







While it's baking, chop up your meat & veggies of choice. I chopped a 1/4 of an onion, 1/2 a green pepper and some fresh parsley I wanted to use up.  I also chopped up some ham - as it's the meat I had on hand.










I also scrambled up some eggs (use 4 or 5 - depending on the size  of your eggs) and added the parsley to them.






When hashbrowns have cooked - take them out and add the chopped toppings and eggs to it. Then top with 2 cups of cheese (I used cheddar). Bake for another 15- 20 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Then cut and enjoy!








We ate ours with some blueberry muffins and fresh fruit. I had several kinds of fruit set out but I was hungry for the fresh cherries. Yum! 









4 comments:

  1. Yum Carrie! This looks like a dish for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yummy, my kids would finish off the whole tray in no time! Breakfast for dinner is a fav here too. Thanks for sharing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can never go wrong with breakfast for dinner. ;) xoxo

      Delete