Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday my Friends! 


Well here we are again. Another whirlwind weekend that flew by all too fast, and another week begins.  It was a sports weekend again around here. Both kiddos in soccer tourneys. My son and hubby were out-of-town for his...and Annie's was here - so we got a lot of girlie time together. My Mom came to hang out a lot and watch some soccer too. So that meant we got extra Angel puppy time (the name of my Mom's new puppy). Of course Annie and I both couldn't get enough of that. We have been working to have Ruby get used to Angel more... and that went very well this past weekend. They even started playing and chasing each other around! It was pretty darn cute.  


Of course, sad news over the weekend too with the events in Orlando. I continue to pray so hard for this country. I'm so tired of hearing about these awful things happening over and over again. This country needs action, and in my opinion this would include more God and less guns!! But I will stop before I could really go on a rant about all of that - and instead move to the week ahead. 

 










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Dark, cloudy, rainy on and off and gray. Hard to wake up kind of weather. Unfortunately, there's a bit of this in the forecast....but looks more promising towards the end of the week.






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 a bagel, banana and some coffee






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Lots of puddles in the driveway. It's cloudy and slight breeze rustling the trees. In between raindrops right now. 








RIGHT NOW I AM:

 Looking over my to-do list as I sit in my office. I need to leave soon and pick up my son from soccer practice. I'll have to take a break from working on this post, and may have to finish it when I get back.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual culprit - laundry needs to get done. My bathrooms could use a bit of cleaning, but overall things are pretty tidy.








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I picked up one son. Now I need to pick up my daughter later in the afternoon. I signed her up for art camp this week (she's doing it with a friend of hers) and she was so excited! It runs all day every day this week. I can't wait to hear how it went when I pick her up later. Then take my son for his haircut tonight. I need to do a few house chores and just put some finishing touches on the baby gift album for my cousin. I completed it overall, though, and it's really cute. More on that tomorrow. 


It's nice the kids are home for the summer - so I get more fun time with them...but it's also almost busier time for me due to their sports and activities regularly now. A lot of practices have increased and are set during the day since school is out - so my chauffeur duties will be increasing! Ugh!!  









CURRENTLY READING:

 Nothing at the moment but still thinking about starting the book You Before Me.  Right now catching up on some magazines.








ON THE TV TODAY:

I was able to catch up on Outlander, but I need to catch up on Game of Thrones. We're also behind on America's Got Talent. I caught up on most of my cooking shows too, except I have Next Food Network Star taped yet.


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftovers from the weekend


TUESDAY: if weather cooperates enough a grill night of polish sausage, sweet corn, and a pasta salad with veggies


WEDNESDAY: breakfast for dinner with eggs, baked cinnamon toast & fruit


THURSDAY: slow cooker stuffed peppers



FRIDAY: maybe out for dinner?







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Final touches on the baby album gift. Working on a sweet little summer banner for my office. Want to catch up on some of my other scrapbooks(finish Annie's cookbook album fully!) and make a few more cards with my stamps and water colors.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Slow cooker version of stuffed peppers would be a new recipe if I make that one this week. I'll be sharing a kabob recipe, that I made over Memorial weekend, later this week. It was really yummy! I'll explain how it could be made a different way also.







TIP OF THE WEEK:

You can use ice cubes and salt to clean your garbage disposal and drop a lemon wedge in to help with odor. Or I will often use a few drops of lemon essential oil instead. Works great for that! I will finally be sharing more about essential oils later in the week. 




FROM THE CAMERA:
Little Angel is in constant motion: especially her tail, as you can see! ;) 




My Mom helped me get Angel calm enough for a quick photo shoot with Ruby.





It was such a beautiful night here on the bay a few nights ago, and I was outside with Ruby and just had to capture this cozy shot as we walked back to the house.


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


22 comments:

  1. What a cute puppy! I am going to have to find some time soon to try out some of these great looking recipes you are always sharing :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! She's a little sweetie. Hope you're having a great week too! xoox

      Delete
  2. Love the quote and Angel is so very cute! Looks like she is adjusting well. Have a great Monday!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! She is such a little Pumpkin & so far so good for her getting along with Ruby during their visits. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. great shot of your home, and what an adorable puppy. I dog sit for my SIL and our dog is older and not to jazzed about running around with a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! It is funny to see how an older dog, like Ruby, gets fed up with puppy energy. Lol xoxo

      Delete
  4. You pictured quote says it all…pray unceasingly as you have been! For the light (goodness) will defeat the darkness (evil). I have FAITH that it will. Guns don't kill, Evil kills. Evil snakes its way around the LAW.
    ART CAMP??? I wish I could go too! :-) I need you to teach me about making a gift album, or any album.
    My sister's dogs have doggy friends. Who knew? Doggy play dates. LOL
    Following the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIGHT with you,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Margot! I will continue to pray and I know good always wins!!

      I know - their camp looks like so much fun when I get the report at the end of each day. I just pretend my scrapping space is my own camp this summer. Lol

      Doggy playdates - such a hoot, huh?

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I need help with the essential oils too! The lady at the heath food store didn't know much. I did read an article on-line about using them with water.
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting about them on Friday Margot! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh no!! Angel is too cute! I just want to eat them both up!

    Our country is so divided. It's hard to know what to say or do. In the meantom6e, innocent people have been and will continue to be the victims of the mentally ill and fanatics.

    Your home looks lovely Carrie.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think YOU need a puppy Doreen! Lol ;)

      I know what you mean - that's what our country really needs. Some uniting and less dividing!! We NEED to get our act together one way or another so this madness ends!

      Thanks for your sweet words as always Lovie!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Ugh. I meant in the meantime (I think you know that).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!! Angel is too cute! I just want to eat them both up!

    Our country is so divided. It's hard to know what to say or do. In the meantom6e, innocent people have been and will continue to be the victims of the mentally ill and fanatics.

    Your home looks lovely Carrie.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. PERFECT inspiration and you are SOOOOO right about the need for more God in our lives, society and country. It's just so sad to hear these terrible things so often.

    Your mom's puppy is ADORABLE! I'm so glad she and Ruby are socializing so well. Love that evening picture. This time of year is so beautiful in your neck of the woods, especially evenings.

    I hope you all have a great week and the kids enjoy their activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy!

      I guess for now we continue to pray! I did sign a thing that was going around to change laws with our local representative, but feels like nothing really goes anywhere. Our divided parties need to get it together and unite to make true changes.

      Isn't Angel the cutest? We are just loving her. She's so much fun!! And we visit her, or have her come here, often. ;)

      Hope you're having a great week too. xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love the quote. That was the perfect way to end this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and amen to that Mari! xoxo

      Delete
  11. Always nice to catch up with you, Carrie - a busy little Mom! Slow cooker stuffed peppers sound wonderful :) I'm with you on more God and less guns.....sigh. The way the world is going just troubles me, but I have faith that there is more good in this world than bad. Praying for the ones who are suffering so. What a sweet little pup and so good that Ruby now has a friend. Your house in the moonlight looks so warm and welcoming. Love the quote. xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen!
      I have the hope and faith as well. There will always be more good and we need to keep living our lives in fulfilling ways (travel etc) or the bad guys win. Continuing prayers too.

      I love that Ruby has a little buddy too. And when Angel is older I think they'll really be great friends. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Glad you had a good weekend. I hope that this week is going well too. Lovely to see the two dogs together! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Amy! Hope you're having a great week so far! xoxo

      Delete