Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello and Happy Monday!


Well it was an interesting  Father's Day weekend here. My boys (my hubby and son) had been on a week long adventure trip in Alaska with my brother-in-law and his 2 boys as well. They just got in this morning (yes they were traveling all night between an almost 6 hour plane ride and 2&1/2 hour drive). My son is sleeping right now and I just saw my hubby off to face work. Annie and I were able to give him his belated Father's Day goodies and I fed him some banana bread I made for breakfast; he took a shower and then he was off. I have a feeling he'll be in bed EARLY tonight. Lol! 


Weirdly coincidental, also due to travel, my Dad was gone yesterday too. So we still need to do belated Father's Day with him. So it was a quiet one around here yesterday...although I did cook some dinner and we brought that (& some treats) to my FIL and MIL last night. We stayed and spent some time chatting too. I think he appreciated the company very much. My MIL continues to decline, but they are hanging in there yet. We have looked at some facilities and are looking at a few more though. 

 












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Mix of clouds and son and nice and breezy. It was crazy hot and humid here yesterday (90*), and then it was crazy stormy last night. Annie did NOT like it and wanted her Daddy, but only had her Mommy to protect her and we did just fine. To make her feel better we hung out down in the lower level (1/2 basement media room) to watch t.v. last night. That helped her a bit, but she's still happy Daddy is back home. Today it's 70's and pleasant.






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A small piece of banana bread and some iced vanilla coffee.






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Lots of branches all over. The winds were so strong during the storm last night and there were even some tornado warnings for places around house. Thankfully big Lake Superior seems to buffer us from most of that stuff.  Although, hearing the warnings on t.v. I took precaution and put all of my hanging baskets of flowers in the shed, stacked the deck chairs, put away little pots etc before the storm hit.  We turned out fine - just a bit of clean up outside though.







RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm in my office and it's quiet and peaceful. I'm listening to the George Ezra station on Pandora as I type this. Annie is playing at a friends as my son sleeps. I'm looking over the kiddos sports schedule for the week and trying to plan my menu for the week.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Everything is pretty clean and tidy, as I did a good clean up sweep through the whole house yesterday (in the lovely air conditioning) in prep for the boys coming home.








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Load up trip laundry, prep stuff for homemade pizza for later tonight. Go check over my flowers and give them some love and pick up branches and yard mess. HOpefully do more catch up with my blogging Friends. ;)  









CURRENTLY READING:

 Nothing at the moment but still thinking about starting the book You Before Me. However, my new updated Susan Branch book just came so I'm enjoying that at the moment.








ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched Outlander and Game of Thrones last night. Both pretty gruesome - but so good as far as big story line things happening! I have some cooking shows taped and some Hallmark movies.


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: Homemade BBQ chicken pizza, tossed salad, fruit


TUESDAY: probably leftovers and clean out the fridge


WEDNESDAY: looks like could be cooler rainy this day - so maybe homemade soup ( I have chicken stock to use up)


THURSDAY: use up the eggs most likely (maybe egg bake with summer veggies and cheese)



FRIDAY: not sure - depends on if I get groceries or not







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

WAnt to finish the little summer banner I'm making. Catch up on my scrapbooks. I need to go through old slides to get them put on discs for my brother and me (our old family slides I got from my Dad).






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Maybe bake something new? I have several recipes from the recent past to share with you folks yet though (for Thursday recipes sharing time).







TIP OF THE WEEK:

Hold on to tickets from events, or pamphlets from museums or places you've visited...and then use them to put in albums where you keep the photos. They're a nice keepsake to look back upon, plus they often have dates and great info to help you remember as you put the album together. 




FROM THE CAMERA:

Quite a few folks so get ready. ;) 

My garden pots are finally staring to yield some goodies.







Several nights ago, at sunset time, the sky was so beautiful and just kept changing in depth and color every few mins - coloring the clouds as the sun went down. Reflected in the bay like a mirror. It was gorgeous. 







 My hubby would text me some phone photos throughout the week and here's a few for you. Gorgeous view out their hotel room. 




View out the bush plane they took to land on top of, and hike, a glacier.

 

My son and nephew drinking out of a glacial crevice - they used a twizzler as a straw. ;) 



My son and nephew fly fishing in the river. My son caught a sockeye salmon first cast. They fried it up that night for dinner. 




This is kind of like a "where's Waldo" photo: my son and both nephews in front of the Horsetail Falls. 




The boys brought us back several sweet souvenirs and gifts (t-shirts, sweatshirts, moose teddy and penguin necklace for Annie), but this is my fave. My Adam got me this beautiful hand carved fossilized tusk jewelry set. 



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



Have a great week my Friends. I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Carrie! Your 'boys' look like they had a wonderful time! I've been to Alaska - it's so beautiful. Your sunset photos are amazing, too. Scary about the storm, though, glad it passed by without too much damage and that your sweet little dog 'survived'. I still have bite marks on my door trim from my old dog, Petey when we left him out in a storm once.(We weren't home:( Sad about your MIL - so hard. Hope the rest of your week is nice and calm. xx K P.S. Love your new header :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! They had such a great trip. I hope I get to visit there one day. ;)

      Such a sad story about your Petey. OUr dog before Ruby was a basset hound and he hated storms. We had to give him Doggie prozac whenever there was a storm.

      thanks for your visit and sweet comments my Friend! Love when you come by. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad you were ok with the storm and that your husband and son enjoyed their trip. Wonderful photos and a beautiful gift they bought you back. Hope you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! It was a doozy, but it all ended up just fine (& Annie had to sleep in bed with me that night). Lol

      Happy week to you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hello, my friend!
    Such beautiful pictures!!!!
    Glad your family is all back together and safe and sound.
    Have a wonderful week! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo! Thanks so much. I'm so happy they're home safe and sound and we're back to full family time. That is the best. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your poor hubby - hope he survived the day! It sounds and looks like an amazing trip. I love, love, love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! They had such a wonderful time. I love the jewelry he picked too. ;) He did a great job. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Glad the storm all but bypassed you where the tornadoes were concerned.

    Absolutely LOVE those sunset pictures. Glad hubby and son had such a nice trip and what pretty souvenirs!

    Sorry to hear that MIL is declining - keeping her in my prayers. Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! It did get a little too interesting there for a while. They had such a great trip and it's fun hearing their stories.

      Thanks for the prayers on my MIL - think we'll gladly take them! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. What an exciting adventure for the guys, and it looks beautiful in Alaska. Your ivory pendant and earrings are lovely, and so special as a gift. Have a great week Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I hope I get to see some of the Alaska beauty for myself one day....but this was a guy trip. They loved it and had a great time.
      I think the hubby did a nice job on the jewelry picking too. Lol ;) xoxo

      Delete
  7. What gorgeous photos, oh my goodness, I would have loved to visit such a place too :) The earrings and pendant are beautiful, what a nice gift.

    Hope you're having a great week so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I hope I get to visit there someday too. It looks so breathtaking, doesn't it? And my hubby said the photos don't even do it justice. ;)
      Happy week to you!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Beautiful Alaska! Fresh veggies and Sockeye salmon my favorite! I wish I could catch one and have it fresh not frozen.
    I hiked a glacier with my cousins in Switzerland in 1984.
    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete