Thursday, June 30, 2016

Homemade Strawberry Refrigerator Jam

Hi Friends! 


It was another busy one here today, so I'm late getting to finally work on this post. I'm missing, blogging friends, and still need to come around and say hello to many of you...and tomorrow should be slower paced and allow for me to finally come and say hi.  I had planned to post both the strawberry jam and the strawberry pie recipe. But time only allows for the jam today. I will share the pie recipe in the future though! Both were ridiculously delish!! ;)  I didn't get a shot of the jam on toast (that has been my favorite way to enjoy it this past week). But it's also been yummy to drop a spoonful in my yogurt...or even in my protein shake for the day!




I followed a recipe from a blog called Something Swanky that you can find here. I had pinned it on my pinterest board under "breads" which you can find here.





This recipe is for a small batch of refrigerator jam; which is all my pallet of berries would allow for if I wanted to make a pie too. First, I cleaned and cut up all of my strawberries.




 I put about 5 cups of the berries in a large saucepan and mashed them up well.






Then I squeezed about 5 TBSP of lemon juice and put into a baggie and added 1 TBSP of cornstarch. I then sealed the bag and worked it together until the cornstarch was all dissolved.  I poured the mixture into the saucepan with the berries.






Once you add that mixture stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.










Turn the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a good rolling boil. Keep it at a boil and stir often for about 20 to 25 minutes. The jam should coat the back of a spoon thickly when it's done.  Let it cool and put into storage container of your choice. It should be enough for two 16 ounce jars. Or I put mine in little quart plastic containers. Then sit back and enjoy the taste of summer in every bite!! 

xoxo







4 comments:

  1. Summer in a jar! Thanks for sharing this, Carrie! I have been looking for an easy recipe for jam. Can't wait for the pie recipe! hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Karen! It was easy and SO good!! ;) I doubt there's anything better than true strawberry homemade anything in the summertime. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Partaaayyyy on a plate! So easy, and so good!

    Thanks for stopping by Carrie! Your comments always crack me up!

    P.S. Those weren't my arms lol.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I knew those were your Fisherman's & that's what I meant by saying you had help & worked on it together. ;) If I had thought those were your arms I would have cleverly & humorously suggested electrolysis in some way. Lol!! Xoxo

      Delete