Sunday, June 5, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


happyhomemakermonday

Hello My Friends! 


Happy Monday! However, I'm actually writing this on Sunday night. We finally have the big carnival event at my daughter's school tomorrow that I've been working with a team to organize and plan since January! It's the biggest school event every year and the PTA (I'm part of that too) gives us a pretty large budget and we do it up right. Think several kinds of big bouncers and bounce houses, karaoke stations with tattoos and guessing games too, gymnastics stations, book walk, scavenger hunt, kickball, relay races, speed pitch machine, hip hop dance instructor station, dunk tank, freezee pops ...and the list goes on. It's pretty darn big people! I've headed this committee for several years now and have loved it! It's my last year, though, so kind of bittersweet to be moving on. The hardest part is that our weather here is beyond crazy and changes constantly so we have to have a plan for good weather (events can be outside) and plan B for bad weather. That means many fun outdoorsy things get switched to inside for more tame (ie boring) games. Lol Well the weather this year is NOT cooperating. The forecast changes every 5 mins - so there could still be a chance of rain...or we might get lucky. It's going to be a judgement call in the A.M. I hate when it's like that and we can't just be certain of what we're doing. Oh well, life in the northwoods. 


As head of the committee I work on organizing all of the volunteers (parents and grandparents) and there a LOT (which is wonderful,but also a lot to do). I feed them all breakfast and lunch too. Our school has over 400 kids so you can get the idea of what an operation this whole event gets to be by the time it's done! I'm tired already (did I mention that?) Lol After tomorrow my life will become my own again and I can catch up so much more with you all - my wonderful friends.  


But, since I missed last weeks HHM I wanted to join in on the fun this week. Even if it's a pretty quick version as I'm getting ready to head to bed SOON. It will be a very early morning and then a busy LONG day. I'll have to link up tomorrow night. But here goes for now... 








THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Today's weather was beyond wacky! It would be lovely and 70's one minute and then a thunderstorm the next. We must have had 3 different storm systems or more roll through like that. Fingers crossed that tomorrow's weather is much more cooperative!!






ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Sipping on my big water bottle with a little orange essential oil in it right now. 







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Dark as can be out my office window. Time for bed folks! ;) 








RIGHT NOW I AM:

 Sipping my water and listening to pretty classical music on Pandora. Looking over my to do list for tomorrow.  I need to pick up a bagel platter for the volunteer breakfast in the AM, I"m also serving them yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. I get pizzas delivered for lunch!  Need to try to shut my brain down now and get to bed.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Nice and quiet. My hubby and daughter are sleeping. My teenager is still up - but he's always been my night owl.








ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

You don't even want to know how crazy busy this day is going to get! Lol









CURRENTLY READING:

 Nothing at the moment but still thinking about starting the book You Before Me.








ON THE TV TODAY:

Too busy today to watch much of anything. I did watch some cooking shows this AM.  We need to watch America's Got Talent yet. Game of Thrones and Outlander still taped too. It's been a busy weekend between kiddo sports and the final carnival run around.


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: something easy I'll be exhausted


TUESDAY: supposed to be nice weather - thinking marinate and grill something


WEDNESDAY: tacos


THURSDAY: chicken salad sandwiches, summer corn, melon 



FRIDAY:not sure - leaving open for maybe going out for dinner







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Finishing baby album for my cousin's gift.  Putting together more things for the heritage album I'm working on as well.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure yet. But I have some fun recipes to share that I haven't yet.







TIP OF THE WEEK:


So useful! Gotta love 1000lifehacks...lots of ideas!



FROM THE CAMERA:
pretty glow - real candle and diffuser with lavender, lemon & orange



snuggly Ruby



running errands for carnival - this is what came to visit over and over again today



storm is coming

Since it's been stormier around here lately it's been candle and snuggly time. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Planning to do this tomorrow and enjoy it! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy Monday to start your week! Enjoy it :-) Defintely start reading You Before Me, I loved that book and can't wait to see the movie! Have a fabulous day.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that book out Jill! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are amazing, my friend!
    Enjoy the fruits of your labor...and I shall pray for perfect weather.
    Have a great week, and rest and relax when you can. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE got lucky and the day ended up great! Grateful for the prayers! ;) xoox

      Delete
  3. You, my friend, are amazing. The chair of an event like that is a full time job! I hope you have fantastic weather the entire day and thoroughly enjoy the fruits of your labors.

    Love that picture of Ruby - too cute. The weather has been CRAZY here too with several major "POP UP" thunderstorms. Unfortunately I was caught out in them twice this weekend.

    I took the liberty of adding your link for today to Happy Homemaker Monday since you are having such a busy day.

    I REALLY LOVE that spam email tip. I'm going to sit down this week and update my password book and change the emails on the sites I want to hear from and then add this note to the front of the password book to remind me. Thank you so much for this idea.

    Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! I had a great team that worked with me - which helped a LOT! ;) Thanks for adding my link. You're such a sweetheart!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I hope your event is a big success with wonderful weather. I certainly hope you get to relax, planning those PTA events even smaller ones is exhausting so I can't imagine something as big as you describe. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! It all turned out great!! So grateful. Worked with some great folks. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Whew.. those are some nasty storm clouds... this has been a wacky spring... wonder what summer will bring! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly wacky! I wonder what it will bring too. :) Thanks for visiting!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh, that Ruby is just too darn cute!

    You really are a busy lady. I know from experience it's a lot of work heading up committees like that, but also very rewarding. I'm sure you will miss it and they will miss you too.

    The email hack is interesting. Usually I just unsubscribe but this is even better :)

    Hope the weather holds up for you. It rained all day yesterday (we needed it though) but now it's beautiful.

    I almost went to see Me Before You yesterday, but ended up seeing The Jungle Book. It was great :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! Oh I want to see Jungle Book too! It looks really good. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  7. I wish good weather for you tomorrow! I used to have fun with that too. We have been having crazy weather the last two days here too. I think the rain was running in sideways over my porch yesterday!
    OOXX
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather turned out great! So thanks for the wishes Margot!! So far it's turning into a lovely week too. Here's to hoping it continues! ;) xoxo

      Delete